User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Thread: Ne and Ni

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    People are objects. Just a particularly interesting type of object, that's all
    People can play with each other, objects just respond
    Im out, its been fun

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    So if your not in MBTI to understand interactions then what are you here to understand? Life is nothing more then interactions. Objects interacting with objects and people interacting with people. There are no objects here, just people.
    I was referring to not being interested in what you are interested in, namely Se with Ni and Ti. I get the feeling that you made up some theory that applies only to that and are asking me to disprove it. Not interested.

And people are objects, at least as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT: OMT beat me to it. Bravo, dear sir.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I was referring to not being interested in what you are interested in, namely Se with Ni and Ti. I get the feeling that you made up some theory that applies only to that and are asking me to disprove it. Not interested.

And people are objects, at least as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT: OMT beat me to it. Bravo, dear sir.
    I know thats how you felt because you answered like I asked you to do something. That is the interactions I look for.

edit: sorry I dont look for these, this is what I pick up on naturally, this is what I deem as Se as it is my external perception in regards to what I see or "take note of". To clairfy the looking is that I had to actually go back and reread my post because I dont remember it coming out as a question.
    Im out, its been fun

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    I do Ne but no where near as wonderfully as the entp/enfps I've seen on here. Ne appears genius to me. of course S is just one hot function! but that's for another thread..........
    That's weird, because Ni seems genius to me.

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    That's weird, because Ni seems genius to me.
    Lol, I had the same reaction
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

the four elements theory is to physics as mbti is to psychology methinks

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    As such, there really isn't any extraverted or introverted perceiving. It all has to do with what your judging function handles the perceptive data. If you have introverted judging, then the perceiving function appears "extraverted", because the internal judging function needs a constant flow of external data to keep from starving itself. When starved of this data, the judging function will attempt to compensate by using whatever sensory data is within, that is, previously processed by the judging data. For example:

Ne dom/aux: the "Si" tert/inf is the internal recollection of the initial N/Ji processing, brought together once again through the Ji function. Bigger assembled chunks of data are tied together through Fi/Ti, and this leads to much less effective results, since the sets of data are too broad to connect as well as the smaller ones brought in through Ne.

Se dom/aux: the "Ni" tert/inf is the internal dissection of the initial S/Ji processing, divided into its various parts through the Ji function. Since the big sets of sensory data are too large and unwieldy to handle for more than a short period of time by the Ji function (the "gut instinct" aspect), it then focuses in on smaller portions of the set, trying to come to either Fi or Ti-based conclusions about them ("If Coach would have put me in in '83, everything would have been different"). The problem is that the only dissembled data is within that one sphere, and that these conclusions do not factor in other, more distantly related variables.

If you have extraverted judging, then your perceptive function will appear introverted. This is simply because the external judging function needs an internal basis from which to operate. "Si" just bases this on big sets of data, and "Ni" bases this on small sets of data. When dealing with incompatible data, the Je will have no internal basis for comparison, and will thus have to compensate externally. So:

Si dom/aux: More than anything, Si immediately allows for Je to notice inconsistency, because it holds those big chunks of data (combined auditory, visual, gustatory, olfactory, tactile and emotional sensations) and lets Je compare them holistically to one another, and thus understanding immediately what's different between the two sets. If a situation is entirely unprecedented, and there is no means of comparison, the Je will do whatever it can to bring that situation back to something it can work with internally, also known as tert/inf "Ne".

Ni dom/aux: Ni splits data up. It keeps splitting them up until Je starts putting them back together. When Je puts them back together, unusual and previously unnoticed patterns develop, which seem de novo since they are externally consistent (either on Te or Fe terms), but there was no means of knowing this before the data was broken apart and reassembled subconsciously. When the data is understood too discretely to further analyze, Je will then act on the outside world in an attempt to come up with more information that can be further processed, that is, tert/inf "Se".
    Interesting, as this is the opposite of what this site Fundamental Nature of the MBTI says; where it's the perception attitude that sets the "matrix area" (i=local; e=wide) the judging function works in. since perception hypothetically would come first in the process, that would seem to make sense.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Default Prob. OOT.

OOT!
    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    People can play with each other, objects just respond
    just respond. . .
    So what you are doing is something other than responding on your interpretation of what is written here?
    I see.

I'd love to eat your soul.

(on second note: There might be a joke in this that I don't get. I'm thinking sex-related? Or are you referring to.. "life" and life? Where as "life" equals ... more softness? Or do you perhaps think that objects (that aren't animals and/or plants) use some sort of communication style unknown to man? I could totally be in on that idea, 'cause thinking about it: It could be made sense if what I note might actually just be a packet that is sent through a server, trying to distinguish us. Um. I went ahead of myself somewhere. . .

What I mean is that it could all just be a certain sense of belief. That got me wondering about philosophy, is it just a plan made up to explain our actions? Kinda counter-productive. Kinda nice too though.

Anyway, was there a joke or not?)
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Interesting, as this is the opposite of what this site Fundamental Nature of the MBTI says; where it's the perception attitude that sets the "matrix area" (i=local; e=wide) the judging function works in. since perception hypothetically would come first in the process, that would seem to make sense.
    Well, I'm right and they're wrong.

Also, lots of intuitor bias in that one. How could someone with Ti or Te be not "sensitive to process" simply because they're a sensor? Ti and Te are both about nothing but process.

MBTI
    nite
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Ne thinks outside the box.

Ni thinks outside reality.
    X___________________________________

If things are not what they seem, and we are forever reminded that this is the casethen it must also be observed that enough of us ignore this truth to keep the world from collapsing. Thomas Ligotti, The Mystics of Muelenberg