I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by darude11 View Post
    Ne watches forward for all of the possibilities how could the concrete situation end (He can ask me about holidays, He can spill his coffee, She can run into office, The radio will now play this or that song etc.)

Ni chooses ONE of those possibilities (He will now spill his coffee, because she will run into office, because she heard in the radio something about the place, where he was on vacation, knowing it, because I [Ni user] have heard it in the radio too.).

Well, but I have never met Ni, so let's assume that this is pure theory of readed content from internet.
    hahahaha. This kind of reminds me of a funny situation I had once. I was sitting up on some rocks with friends, (on a little peninsula area surrounded by oceans, rocks with a lot of tide pools in them) and a lady started walking towards us. And then I said, "wouldn't it be funny if that lady just fell into that tidepool?" (and she did!!!)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ !

yeah. Ne sometimes ends up "predicting" the future too, cause we have a broad view of possibility.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ^ !

yeah. Ne sometimes ends up "predicting" the future too, cause we have a broad view of possibility.
    I know. Even a broken clock predicts right twice a day.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Ni puzzles me, peoples descriptions of it are always vague and incomprehensible. The way I'd define it would be that Ni may take something from outside and explore every notion it holds gain as much insight from it as possible. So you might say to an Ni user, "is that skim milk?" and they might stew on it wondering why you asked, "no, don't worry, I'm going to the gym later". Ne might be more like "nope, squeezed straight from a cows udder". Either function might take a more passive role if it's not dominant.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

ne does seem to answer things that would make sense in some absurd reality like yesterday i texted my boss on the way to work to let him know i was driving 5 miles an hour on the highway and he responded lol hat time then? and i said yes definitely hat time....not sure why that example came to mind but i think that's a ne thing...yes? haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

Quick, simplified description I'm shamelessly paraphrasing from ENFP/INFJ youtube video... Ne users plan to say something simple, have a clear plan of what they want to say, then wind up rambling when they actually start to speak, because they're discovering new connections/ideas/possibilities as the speak. Ni users have a lot going on in their head, but when they speak their idea generally come out more clear/succinct.

Also, Ne manifests as a series or web of connected ideas (ie: blue... sky... birds... trees... hands... people... cats... dogs... frogs... bogs... logs... mud... earth... Jupiter... gas... Saturn... rings... redwood trees... California... hate... my friends... the ocean... love... passion... fire...) where the connections are often only evident to the individual user. The above sequence is totally logical to me (err... well... I know it's not logical in the linear sense but it makes sense to me) where to a stranger would be bewildered.

Ni (from my own limited experience and what I've heard) manifests as a sudden image or message that sums everything up. (I THINK it's something like: chaotic flow of thoughts/problem solving... weird single image... EUREKA!). Ni users feel free to refine/contradict.
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Ni doesn't make much sense to me. What am I being untuitive about? An internal process? Digestion? Circulation? The fact is that everything I have an intuitive thought about is external to me, or made so because I need to concretize it in order to have an object to contemplate. And anyway, intuition requires more than one object in order to happen at all. Otherwise you're simply noting sensory information ('the sky is blue', it's raining) or remembering.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Ne

Ni
    Barely anyone who enters the thread will read it. Be slightly more tactful and summarise to allow those who do not understand to understand things in a more 'for dummies' way.

Most have Ne down correctly.
    But as for Ni...
    Ni is not: "poof" an idea, which appears out of nowhere.

It is the analysis of the object within different dimensions to be able to see what the object may or may not be.

Let us take an object:

Humans:

- Homosapiens
    - Molecules
    - Moving objects
    - Assembly of organs
    - Tools of war

All such thoughts are what humans could be. Note: Every thought is connected to the object.

Cartoon:

- Lines and colours
    - Light
    - Pleasing sensory perceptions
    - Distorted beings
    - Many pictures
    - Surrealism

All the such thoughts are what cartoons are, in different perceptions. Again, every thought is connected to the object. Not move on tangents as Ne tends to do.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

it seems like Ne and Ni move opposite. i've heard all the functions + attitudes described as "conveyor belts" which can be switched clockwise/counterclockwise before, and i can see this on an "N" belt.

Ne, clearly, moves outward. you start at one point and look out into all the things it could be.

Ni, as oaky has demonstrated, moves inward. it takes all the points and finds the least common denominator.

they both share the philosophy that all things are, in essence, one thing. for Ne, one thing can become many things. for Ni, many things are, when distilled, one thing.