User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

Thread: Ne and Ni

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I know a girl who is an ENTP and she told me she needs to take medications for ADHD. I would of told though that she wasn't ADHD she was just an entp but then she would of thought I was some kind of weirdo.
    No, ADD is a real affliction. And I'm sure not all ENTPs have it. You can basically compare the socionics ILE to the MBTI ENTP to get an idea of the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I actually agree with this. Most of my Ne-dom friends and family have had people ask them if they have ADHD at some point, or had teachers try to get them on meds.

My nephew is 3 and I think he is an ENTP in training just because everything he does is so Ne. My dad watched him one weekend, went into his bedroom to check on him, and discovered that Isaiah had taken apart his lamp. lol. When he saw my dad he looked up and said, "It just happened!" with this surprised look on his face. He's insanely curious about everything, explores it all on his own, comes up with his own little theories on why things are they way they are. Luckily his dad is an ENTP so his response is just "yeah.... he's me at that age...." And they encourage his explorations. I'll be curious to see how he turns out later.
    lol, it's pretty much impossible to type a child before they start forming their own identities (teenagehood). Their activities are much more shaped by their environment and the interactions they get with their parents than by personality at that age.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
    No, ADD is a real affliction. And I'm sure not all ENTPs have it. You can basically compare the socionics ILE to the MBTI ENTP to get an idea of the difference.

lol, it's pretty much impossible to type a child before they start forming their own identities (teenagehood). Their activities are much more shaped by their environment and the interactions they get with their parents than by personality at that age.
    ADD and ADHD medications are over prescribed especially to children and teenagers. Children begin to develop their personality at a very young age at about 3 or 4 y/o so yes you can type a child maybe not all out in full MBTI fashion, but you can get an idea whether they are introverted or extroverted etc.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

ADD and ADHD medications are over prescribed especially to children and teenagers.
    I disagree, they help a lot even in conjunction with other treatments. but I do think they should be used as a supplement to environmental treatment, not a substitute.
    Children begin to develop their personality at a very young age at about 3 or 4 y/o so yes you can type a child maybe not all out in full MBTI fashion, but you can get an idea whether they are introverted or extroverted etc.
    yeh, you're right that some temperament traits are pretty obvious from early on, but for example they have very little capacity for abstract reasoning until age 7 or 8 usually, and that keeps developing well into teenagehood. :s
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

Let me try this...for Ne which links to Si...

On the surface there are hops from subject 1 to subject 2 with no seeming connectivity, very quickly. It seems disjointed and in the moment. I marked these topics as Ne1, Ne2, Ne3, and Ne4.

As an example I might start talking about type expression at work (Ne1), suddenly mention type and communication (Ne2), then start telling a story about my ex-husband (Ne3), and then start talking about buying a new car (Ne4)

Underneath the Ne hops are actually riding along an Si framework of pre-established facts/ideas/judgment values/observations-universal truths already known and understood. The Si serves as a foundation. For Ne doms this would be TiSi or FiSi, however you would also see formation of TeSi and FeSi foundations as well.

Wen young the Si is fairly il defined, but as we age, it becomes much more resolved and strongly adhered to. Thus even as we hop from subject to subject externally, we strongly adhere to our internal Si known truths.

Part of Ne effective communication may require that the two parties share fairly similar Si frameworks. Since Si is described as part of the collective unconsciousness, if two people use the same judging function, then it seems many of their Si rules may be fairly similar.

Thus communication between two Ne-Si users will be back and forth calibration to allow for subtle modifications/realignments of the Si database via exchange of Ne possibilities.

Anew Leaf

Looking back at how I was when I was younger (2-8), I was definitely an INFP in training.

And JMF - I gotcha! I could see that as being Ti. Thanks for the input!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

totally disagree with ya there...some are freakin obvious from early on.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Ne: Sex
    Ni: Masturbation

MBTI
    INTP

Ne watches forward for all of the possibilities how could the concrete situation end (He can ask me about holidays, He can spill his coffee, She can run into office, The radio will now play this or that song etc.)

Ni chooses ONE of those possibilities (He will now spill his coffee, because she will run into office, because she heard in the radio something about the place, where he was on vacation, knowing it, because I [Ni user] have heard it in the radio too.).

Well, but I have never met Ni, so let's assume that this is pure theory of readed content from internet.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Ne: Why?
    Ni: Why.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ ha love that!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison