Thread: Ne and Ni

Sniffles

Talking

[youtube="oSqsBfBCW7k"]Ne in action[/youtube]

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I'd call that annoying television, not Ne in action. L2B SILENT AND RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    yeah, it's not like people who don't have Se don't have a visual cortex, an auditory cortex, a motor cortex, a somatasensory cortex etc. it's just a different way of pipelining amongst brain structures.
    It's an interesting question, this one of the physical interface between the world and the mind. We know, obviously, that most of that interface is inside the body--the various cortexes and whatnot. But where does it stop being interface and start being mind? And if we detect physical differences in interfaces, have we detected differences in minds?

But, for instance, obviously (sort of) the perception functions start out by accessing the body's normal physical sensing mechanisms. The Pe functions certainly do, anyway. Do the Pi functions? They absolutely do NOT access immediate sensory information when they are engaged in the function of Pi. They are off cogitating on the subjective, not the objective. But do they not draw seeds out of the normal flood of information too? Would it for example be right to say the person uses their Se to feed their Ni? I presume this is right only if we also say people must be using their Ne to feed their Si... which sounds very wrong-headed. So it looks like the P functions feed--to their own degree and according to their own purposes--off the normal physical stream we all have because we have bodies.

But what about J functions--do they do this too? Or do J functions require an intermediary P function? Can J functions access the normal flood of physical information that comes to us just because we have bodies, and cherry pick content, abstracting or objectifying according to their want?

For the effective functioning of the personality the functions are supposed to work with one another, so for normal operation toward that personality's goals, a J function would require an intermediary P function. But... what goes on subconsciously? Consciously, some function such as Te cannot be used to scan a physical environment. To consciously do that one has to use a P function. But subconsciously, via the stream of physical data being present just because the person is embodied, can Te (or Fe, or Fi or Ti) be prompted? If so, then probably only minimally, but still....

Even so, it wouldn't be something we could harness. The person still would function better if they consciously sought out the kind of information they prefer and consciously organised that information in the way they prefer.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    You might want to check out this thread.
    Indeed. Merged.

Is this an example of Ni? (or any other image that uses other images to create one whole integrated image)

Yahoo! Image Detail for - http://farm1.static.flickr.com/172/409561633_0c0f658e9f.jpg

I have read almost the entire thread and I still am not really clear on the differences... I have heard Ni described as an internal model of reality, that a greater understanding can be gained by looking at things from different angles. Is the difference that Ne is less concerned with the model itself, more with the possible connections that can be made between ideas? I can see the point of Ni, but I can't see the point of Ne, I guess. What is the end goal of Ne? Is that part of the difference, that Ne doesn't really HAVE an end goal, but Ni does?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Ne is not concerned with a model at all. Models are products of introverted functions. Ne looks directly at an object and extracts connections to "ideas" or possibilities.
    Ni references abstract models of reality, which can be fictional stories, archetypes, etc. (hence, why I notice NJs' language is often full of these references) that universal meanings are extracted from to create greater understanding of things.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

In theory, Ni is paired with Se and Ne with Si. I would imagine this is because, when Ni is interacting with Se, the role of Se is to provide more information for the model or something...? Do they directly interact like that?

I guess I ask because I'm wondering if the Ni model HAS to be 'fed' by Se or if can it be fed by Ne in addition?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    In theory, Ni is paired with Se and Ne with Si. I would imagine this is because, when Ni is interacting with Se, the role of Se is to provide more information for the model or something...? Do they directly interact like that?

I guess I ask because I'm wondering if the Ni model HAS to be 'fed' by Se or if can it be fed by Ne in addition?

From INTJ perspective things look like this. (if we presume that the function order is correct)

Ni leads in every way as a way of perciving thing and feeds the Te. The Te then decides what to do, how to do and when to do. The only task of the Se here is to make sure that you can read and that you don't fall down stairs.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    This was the best thing ever Peguy.