User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6?

Default Psychological Research Survey

Hi everyone!

I am an undergraduate psychology student in my last year, and my fiance is a research psychologist. We have created a survey to look at the relationship between movie and book preferences and Myers-Briggs typology. If you have some free time, we would certainly appreciate your responses. As long as there's enough interest, I'd be more than happy to share the results of our study. We also plan on doing follow-up studies.

Here is the link: MBTI and Media

Thank you very much!! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me (either in the thread or via PM).

Crystal

Enneagram
    1w2

Don't you have to know if people are accurately typed in order to find an MBTI correlation?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Don't you have to know if people are accurately typed in order to find an MBTI correlation?
    That appears to be addressed on the page with the MBTI test; participants are asked whether the type description seems to describe them or not, among other questions. At the very least, the survey designers can correlate media choices with results of that particular test..

Anyway, I'm giving it a go. I'd love to see if there are any good correlations.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6?

We included a section to assess whether the person taking the survey feels that their type is accurate. Beyond that, we cannot guarantee accuracy unless the test is administered by a certified professional, which is a bit impractical for an online format.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Made it. Interesting to see what you find out.

MBTI
    ENTP

lots of the scales are simply repeat but reversed, makes it tedious to comeplet... and to an extent it can add in a bias ad you recall your previous answer to the question

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Done. I'm interested to see the results as well.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    lots of the scales are simply repeat but reversed, makes it tedious to comeplet... and to an extent it can add in a bias ad you recall your previous answer to the question
    **This response is by my fiance**

Running a research lab that deals with quite a few survey type data collection tasks I can agree with what you are saying. It *can* add a bias in short surveys like this; because you are asked these questions in a short period of time. Although, in longer surveys, the odds of you recalling an answer (due to the limits of both working and short-term memory) are very slim. In longer surveys (the one's I work with are generally over 100 questions) this is a complete non-issue.

This is done to combat many different problems that arise in statistical research. First this is sometimes done to combat fatigue effects. Second, and mostly why it is done here, is to make sure that people are actually paying attention to the questions, answering them honestly, and are perceiving them correctly. You absolutely should answer these questions very closely (if not the same) as the reversed ones. It shows that none of the above problems are playing a large role.

So, in short, while in normal research surveys you wouldn't notice them, I needed to put them in to provide a little bit of counterbalancing. We do want to run some correlations, and possibly some ANOVA's or regressions with this data, so it needs to be at least somewhat psychometric in nature. Although not *as* effective in shorter surveys, it does work; or at least enough for this research (as it's not being published, commissioned etc).

I hope I didn't confuse you more.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I kind of felt that "Do you like movies that explore issues or possibilities?" Needed to be split into two seperate questions. I like possibilities. I'm not very interested in issues. I clicked on neutral after some debate with myself.

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Interesting survey. I took it and am curious to see the results.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!