• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Theories about Interaction Between the Types?

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
There are many threads on these forums about how people of different types interact with each other. I just tried to google about the same thing and was unable to found what I was looking for. Seems strange... I mean, there is only two reasons for typology, understanding yourself and understanding the interaction between people.

So, does anyone know the kind of site that would list each type's interaction with the sixteen types? Or maybe there is a thread about this on the forums? I could start going through the Relationship forum and take notes and then combine them somehow, but it seems like a lot of trouble.

G

garbage

Congratulations! Socionics has done this for you. :hug:

Weellll... sort of.

The Ti-oriented people will have my head for this, but if you don't care about the differences between MBTI's and Socionics' types, this can at least be a great starting point.

It seems that, within the context of MBTI proper, there's no huge consensus on the nature of intertype relationships. You get a lot of N's complaining about SJ's, you have people who profess that the only way to find a match is to swap all but the S/N dichotomy (where's the "barf" smiley when you need it), .. basically, you have a lot of speculation, some anecdotes, and a few studies, but no robust, underlying theory beneath it all.

You're right, though, in that this is a major weakness of the system. If you want to understand other people--actually applying the stuff in a meaningful way--you kind of need some firm ground to stand on.

Maybe we can do something like you suggest, polling types and their likes/dislikes and trying to draw correlations. I think there have been efforts to do that sort of thing here before.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP

Hmm, so it seems. It's just that I don't like socionics... :smile: I will go through that part, though, if there isn't anything like that made for MBTI...

Maybe we can do something like you suggest, polling types and their likes/dislikes and trying to draw correlations. I think there have been efforts to do that sort of thing here before.

Hey, I know.. Let us sacrifice our free time for empirical science! :yay: Here, I made a list of all the possible types interacting with the other types. Throw me any thoughts of these relations and I will update the list accordingly.

EDIT: Actually, I will make another thread in the relationship forum. It seems a bit more handy. Here: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...ultimate-list-type-relations.html#post1005667

deleted
EDIT: I typoed on a lot of these which is kind of embarrassing. Got to fix it later.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^A lot of those seem totally wrong. INFP being supervised by ISTJ? That would mean that INFP's socionics type is ESFP. You have a lot of weird stuff there...