User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Introverts, were you more outgoing as a child?

People used to think I was mute. That's how little I talked.

I was probably most extroverted in college. But since then, I have been mostly reclusive.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

6w5 sx/sp
    ILI Ni

Introverts, were you more outgoing as a child?

Uh.... No.

Much more outgoing now

Senior Member Array

My mother told me a story a few years ago about me when I was a kid around 6 or 7 that has stuck with me to the day. She said when we were at the checkout stand at the grocery and she happened to be lacking a penny on the total bill someone from behind (someone she knew) teasingly said she wouldn't give it to her. I responded with such a reaction apparently that my mom remembered the incident. Mom said I was like, wtf?!, your friend won't lend you a penny??! haha call it Aspergers, call it what you will. I call it introversion. Whiteness.

lab rat extraordinaire Array CrystalViolet's Avatar
    5w4 sx/sp

Hmmm, I was always a bit dreamy, and sending me to my room wasn't exactly punshiment (a nice rest, really) when I was a bit naughty. I wasn't exactly shy....I dunno. It's hard to say. I remember up until I was eight, I always had a small group of friends. Not so much when I moved to NZ. I was the weird scottish kid. So I withdrew massively. I do remember getting very tired around people...still do. I came out of my shell at Uni, but even then I liked it best when it was just my small circle of friends. Now, I have stages. Some times I need more time by my self then others.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

I guess that I was outgoing as a todd. I used to be the one approaching others in nursery class and conversing with them and making friends.

Though it only lasted till I was about three, to cut the long story short.. It was more of some psychological trauma; dysfunctional family. From then on I hardly ever talked to other kids, or even my folks.

Gee... sometimes ignorance IS bliss.