User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    Yeah, but that's Fe shit I wouldn't expect you to be drawn to in the first place...
    Well, thats just another misconception. I hope you're kidding. My ENFP sister is much more into that shit than I am and she uses Fi. Liking those type of things has nothing to do w/ Fe or any function. It's more or less stereotypical female interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Well, thats just another misconception. I hope you're kidding. My ENFP sister is much more into that shit than I am and she uses Fi. Liking those type of things has nothing to do w/ Fe or any function. It's more or less stereotypical female interests.
    Fe is far more prototypically girlie/feminine than Fi. Not sayin' there are no ENFP chicks who wear lipstick...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    Fe is far more prototypically girlie/feminine than Fi. Not sayin' there are no ENFP chicks who wear lipstick...
    The thing about Fi is that it can be all different things, hippie, girly, or punk rock, whatever. A really major misconception I think is that all xNFPs are pacifists or something.

Someone was saying last night how ENFP females are more casual than INFP girls, for example, and I think there's probably truth to that...but we still get this idea projected onto us like we're all breathless airheads.

Glycerine

Interesting, I still find that very hard to believe. However thanks for clarifying!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Let's see if this kicks up some discussion

Liking mathematics (or being a raging nerd) are not prerequisites for being an INTP
    I did well in Math, but i HATED it with a passion. Humanities is for me.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Everywhere I go, people know what an ENTP is and they talk about how we can't stop eating pancakes. It sucks.
    You need to go to new places

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by compulsiverambler View Post
    However strong your P preference, it won't make you unable organise adequately or remember things you said or did or thought just seconds ago or keep your mind on task for long enough when you've decided to, or make you constantly lose things you care about or feel completely overwhelmed by the prospect of handling every day demands. It won't make you fail in school even though you have both the intelligence and the will to excel. It won't make you unable to finish a single written exam in your whole life even though you know the material better than anyone, because you can't organise your thoughts sequentially if they're not written out in front of you yet so you can hold them in mind long enough, or keep your mind from wandering and wandering even more the more stressed you get about how much it's wandering. If what you're describing as your P preference is a pattern of behaviour you'd actually prefer not to have but don't know how to change and is causing you significant problems functioning and fulfilling your potential, it's not a personality preference, by definition; you have a neuro-cognitive disability and need to get help before your life falls apart. I learned that one the long, hard way.
    That sounds like a nasty case of ADHD/ADD, which is a slight neurological disorder.

This thread is fantastic btw.

Being INFP does not mean you're always walking around airily (who the heck walks airily anyway?).
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    Being INFP does not mean you're always walking around airily (who the heck walks airily anyway?).
    Flying cockroaches. If crawl = walk.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    The thing about Fi is that it can be all different things, hippie, girly, or punk rock, whatever. A really major misconception I think is that all xNFPs are pacifists or something.

Someone was saying last night how ENFP females are more casual than INFP girls, for example, and I think there's probably truth to that...but we still get this idea projected onto us like we're all breathless airheads.
    I think the "breathless airhead" type is typically perceived to be female ESFPs, and it has some truth in it. Here, maybe: YouTube - Jennifer Tilly interview on Late Night (1993)

But female ENFPs? Vapid? Is she vapid?: YouTube - EMMA THOMPSON LAST CHANCE HARVEY ANS INTERVIEW

MBTI
    ENTP

Another misconception I've encountered both in real life and here.

Thinkers aren't Feelers who need to find their real Feeler selves back.
    There are real Thinkers. People who don't hide their feelings because society expect you to be efficient and/or logical. They aren't hiding anything - they just ARE efficient and/or logical. People who have problems talking about their feelings, not because they're introverted, but because they need to realise they are feeling something and this can take some time. People who say "I'm sorry to hear that" when somebody says a relative is sick, while thinking "Was that the good reaction? I hope I don't have to know the name of that relative..."

And an addition to the "Thinkers do value love" these I've posted earlier...

Thinkers do value love
    ... but they don't like romantic fuss. Roses in February? If my ESTJ comes home with that, I'm going to the police in search of my REAL husband. The one who comes home on Valentine, saying - "Can I have the computer, I need to add some data to our bookkeeping."
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women