User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    That's alright, I'm incredibly high-brow. Can't reach the lowest common denominator, but that's the price I pay I guess.
    I'll give you a math lesson some time then.

Once you begin breadth, you are drawing upon a certain amount of depth that you have. The more breadth, the closer you get to your depth limit.
    Really now? How do you figure that? I don't see how you can believe that there's a limit to knowledge. If a person was immortal and had all the time in the world, he/she could theoretically know everything about everything.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    I'll give you a math lesson some time then.
    lol. Not bad..

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Really now? How do you figure that? I don't see how you can believe that there's a limit to knowledge. If a person was immortal and had all the time in the world, he/she could theoretically know everything about everything.
    I'm not quite saying there is a limit to knowledge. An immortal, or a Highlander, has an unlimited potential.

I'm saying, at any one moment, you have a certain limited amount of knowledge or intelligence. From one moment to the next, it is always changing. So the moment you begin breadth, you are drawing from a limited supply. Unless you acquire all the knowledge in the universe during your conservation with someone. And I'm not going to teach you all that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Sometimes I see my 4 functions like a traditional family. Fi is the dad (or mom) and wears the pants & makes the decisions, Ne is the supporting spouse (defers to Fi), Si is the big sis, and Te is the little bratty brother. Even as Si and Te grow up, they still aren't the dad and mom of the family. In order to have harmony in the family, Fi and Ne need to maintain their authority, as they will always have the advantage of being more mature. Most likely, Si and Te will never grow up fully & will always be dependent, but Fi and Ne still need to reach a level of maturity & harmony with each other to keep them in check and to take the lead.
    And that is basically how Beebe's arechetypes work. Except, it's hero, parent, child and anima. The first two are more mature, and the next two are less mature. The so-called "shadows" (the same functions with the attitudes reversed) are just negative versions of those four. (So #3 would be good child, and #7 would be the bratty child).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Sometimes I see my 4 functions like a traditional family. Fi is the dad (or mom) and wears the pants & makes the decisions, Ne is the supporting spouse (defers to Fi), Si is the big sis, and Te is the little bratty brother. Even as Si and Te grow up, they still aren't the dad and mom of the family. In order to have harmony in the family, Fi and Ne need to maintain their authority, as they will always have the advantage of being more mature. Most likely, Si and Te will never grow up fully & will always be dependent, but Fi and Ne still need to reach a level of maturity & harmony with each other to keep them in check and to take the lead.
    Oooh, I love this!

My ENTJ ex-boss believes in scenario A -- develop your strengths and use that to compensate for your weaknesses. She thinks it's better to be excellent in one area and horrible in others than to be mediocre in all areas. I won't argue with that, because evidently that's what got her to the top of the career ladder.

However, I think everyone should still try to develop their weaker functions -- simply because it's going to make you happier! I know my life would be a lot better if I manage to use more Se. Right now, with underdeveloped Se, I am easily overwhelmed by the world. I don't notice details. I feel that my energy drains very quickly when I go out. I don't enjoy social gatherings at all and I always dread it (sometimes days in advance) when I have to go to parties and weddings. Now if I totally indulged myself in my comfort zone, I would just flee into a world of seclusion, reflection and fantasy. That can't be healthy.

With better Se, however, I would be more confident in my ability to handle new situations. I wouldn't stress out so much about dealing with unpredictable things in life that require attention right now. With more information from Se, my Ni would be able to find new angles to look from. Ni and Fe would also be able to connect more to the world, make more of a presence, and become relevant to reality.

Most healthy people I know are not strongly extroverted or introverted -- maybe because they have a well-developed auxiliary or inferior function. They're also harder to type, because they seem to do a little bit of everything. You won't really go "Wow, what a character!" when you meet them. But do they seem more content, more at peace with life? Definitely.