User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: The IxxP Thread

MBTI
    IXXP

Default The IxxP Thread

Say whatever you want here. We might make a linking description amongst us.

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Being lumped in with the ISTPs makes me feel a bit like I've been invited to sit at the cool kids' table.

Waitaminute......... you're not going to try to get me to sit on a carton of milk, are you?
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

ˇcataplum!

MBTI
    INTP

IxxP = ADHD, inattentive type. Agree?

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by sofmarhof View Post
    Disagree... I hate it when people's normal traits are labeled as illnesses and "cured". If I've ever met a person with real ADHD, they could be easily counted on the fingers of one hand. My mum who was a teacher for 35 years confirms me that children with real learning disabilities are pretty rare and one definitely can't ignore them. I find the American system rather sick in this aspect, to be honest. I = social anxiety, F = oversensitivity, P = ADHD, Si = OCD... wtf?
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

A month or two ago, I remember describing IxxPs as "Harmonists".
    Hello

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I hate it when people say things like that. (Besides the fact that ExxP comes across as far more ADHD; IxxP is not going to respond as directly to external stimulation and has more focus.)

Not only do I not think it's right, but I think it diminishes any true ADHD diagnosis. I've seen big difference with kids who actually have extreme forums of ADHD vs just kids who are more flexy and drift more.\

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    ... I find the American system rather sick in this aspect, to be honest. I = social anxiety, F = oversensitivity, P = ADHD, Si = OCD... wtf?
    Actually, clinicians I know aren't apt to make such judgments off-hand, if only because their extensive experience has made the differences very clear to them; it seems more a pop-culture mentality on the layperson level.

Sort of the same crowd that is fine with the idea of four letters chosen from binary pairs somehow explicitly describing who someone is.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm not an IxxP, but as a INFJ girl, I get the impression that ISTP men could be very very hot, but dangerous for me in relationship terms (I've never been in a relationship with one or very interested in one, that I know of).

Not a very useful contribution, sorry
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    IXXP

For the T/F borderline.

I don't get into many conflicts, but whenever I do, its difficult. If it is an intense argument, I will feel hurt or angry, but I almost always hide my feelings and not let them influence my responses, that is unless I choose to allow them (This is in special situations when I'm dealing with a feeler and I know showing certain feelings will help the case). I keep a calm face, and try to deal with everything in a reasonable efficient manner and endeavor to try to understand the other person's side... getting things settled to a compromise is more important. Sometimes, though, I give in and let the other person have the benefit of the doubt, or I'll take more of the load.
    But I still have my emotions, and if I have to show it, I will. Only if its necessary.
    Afterwards, if I have to let out uncontrolled emotions, I'll go where I can be alone.

In most arguments, I know which side (F or T) the other person is riding on, and so I will adjust. I'll pick and choose my side depending on what I think will work better for the person I'm talking to.

I usually let my thinking be the ringleader.

Anyone else experience this?

MBTI
    xxxx

Disagree. While I have a more borderline J/P, I've always had longest attention span of almost anyone I know.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?