• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The IxxP Thread

Markasin3

MBTI Type
IXXP
Say whatever you want here. We might make a linking description amongst us.

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
Being lumped in with the ISTPs makes me feel a bit like I've been invited to sit at the cool kids' table. :D

Waitaminute......... you're not going to try to get me to sit on a carton of milk, are you? :thelook:

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
IxxP = ADHD, inattentive type. Agree?

Disagree... I hate it when people's normal traits are labeled as illnesses and "cured". If I've ever met a person with real ADHD, they could be easily counted on the fingers of one hand. My mum who was a teacher for 35 years confirms me that children with real learning disabilities are pretty rare and one definitely can't ignore them. I find the American system rather sick in this aspect, to be honest. I = social anxiety, F = oversensitivity, P = ADHD, Si = OCD... wtf?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
IxxP = ADHD, inattentive type. Agree?

I hate it when people say things like that. (Besides the fact that ExxP comes across as far more ADHD; IxxP is not going to respond as directly to external stimulation and has more focus.)

Not only do I not think it's right, but I think it diminishes any true ADHD diagnosis. I've seen big difference with kids who actually have extreme forums of ADHD vs just kids who are more flexy and drift more.\

... I find the American system rather sick in this aspect, to be honest. I = social anxiety, F = oversensitivity, P = ADHD, Si = OCD... wtf?

Actually, clinicians I know aren't apt to make such judgments off-hand, if only because their extensive experience has made the differences very clear to them; it seems more a pop-culture mentality on the layperson level.

Sort of the same crowd that is fine with the idea of four letters chosen from binary pairs somehow explicitly describing who someone is. :alttongue:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not an IxxP, but as a INFJ girl, I get the impression that ISTP men could be very very hot, but dangerous for me in relationship terms (I've never been in a relationship with one or very interested in one, that I know of).

Not a very useful contribution, sorry :D

Markasin3

MBTI Type
IXXP
For the T/F borderline.

I don't get into many conflicts, but whenever I do, its difficult. If it is an intense argument, I will feel hurt or angry, but I almost always hide my feelings and not let them influence my responses, that is unless I choose to allow them (This is in special situations when I'm dealing with a feeler and I know showing certain feelings will help the case). I keep a calm face, and try to deal with everything in a reasonable efficient manner and endeavor to try to understand the other person's side... getting things settled to a compromise is more important. Sometimes, though, I give in and let the other person have the benefit of the doubt, or I'll take more of the load.
But I still have my emotions, and if I have to show it, I will. Only if its necessary.
Afterwards, if I have to let out uncontrolled emotions, I'll go where I can be alone.

In most arguments, I know which side (F or T) the other person is riding on, and so I will adjust. I'll pick and choose my side depending on what I think will work better for the person I'm talking to.

I usually let my thinking be the ringleader.

Anyone else experience this?

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Disagree... I hate it when people's normal traits are labeled as illnesses and "cured". If I've ever met a person with real ADHD, they could be easily counted on the fingers of one hand. My mum who was a teacher for 35 years confirms me that children with real learning disabilities are pretty rare and one definitely can't ignore them. I find the American system rather sick in this aspect, to be honest. I = social anxiety, F = oversensitivity, P = ADHD, Si = OCD... wtf?

:nice:

It's kind of a joke that in America we call it the "Mental Health" system. When in reality it's the "Mental Disorder" system. The approach of psychiatry has almost nothing to do with promoting mental health and well-being at all.

If one can make a pill, and make up a symptom...then advertise the crap out of it. One can make a fortune.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I'm an IxxP and I am very much distracted by external stimulation, due to auditory processing disorder, sensory processing disorder, and hyperacusis. I have to play instrumental music to help me concentrate. All noise is distraction for me.

I hate it when people say things like that. (Besides the fact that ExxP comes across as far more ADHD; IxxP is not going to respond as directly to external stimulation and has more focus.)

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I like other IxxPs. That's pretty much all I can contribute since we're all different in certain ways. I get along with them all quite well though.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
IxxP thread?

weed-3.jpg

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Being lumped in with the ISTPs makes me feel a bit like I've been invited to sit at the cool kids' table. :D

Waitaminute......... you're not going to try to get me to sit on a carton of milk, are you? :thelook:

Nah. But if you shoot it out of your nose I will laugh at you.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I am quiet and lazy therefore I am I__P.