User Tag List

12 Last

beyondaurora

Default Preaching the Secondary: An Exercise

I saw this come up in another thread, and I'm very interested to hear how this applies to you. (For background info, go to: Attitudes from the Horse's Mouth)

Answer this question:

What is the very most important insight about life -- the thing that everyone needs to learn to do, and that doesn't come easily or obviously?

Identify the function at play.

Is this function your secondary?

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    What is the very most important insight about life -- the thing that everyone needs to learn to do, and that doesn't come easily or obviously?

Identify the function at play.

Is this function your secondary?
    Here's my own:
    There are some things in life that you cannot understand without experiencing them. (Se???) So, you cannot always understand what another person is going through and the decisions they make. Recognize this, and in absence of experiential understanding, remember that they are just like you in the most fundamental ways -- they hurt, they feel greed, they love, they regret, they're afraid, etc. -- so try not to judge them too harshly. (Fi -- Fi is my primary)
    I have a hard time identifying functions myself, so input is appreciated!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Everyone needs to realize that things really aren't as complicated as they think that they are; and that people overcomplicate their lives with their feelings and paranoia.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    Woo, I like questions where I can give a subjective answer which is harder to challenge. Anyways:

There's an infinite amount of worldviews, each of them largely subjective and each of them probably wrong. They're all attempts to what really see what everything is, be it the universe of some theoretical superset thereof. One of the more prevailing views which is more likely to be correct is that there are certain constant laws about the universe through which all substances interact and that anything can be calculated if all of the parameters affecting the data are know. Quantum Mechanics/ Quantum Physics has something say about that, but there's another story.

While Socrates was very true when he stated "I know that I know nothing," even beyond the literal interpretation of that there are things that will not be known. The story, however, does not end there. I am a subscriber to the theory that humans possess the powers of reason to discern between what is true and what is not. Analyze everything that comes in, find out where it came from, and check it for holes.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Everyone needs to realize that things really aren't as complicated as they think that they are; and that people overcomplicate their lives with their feelings and paranoia.
    That's merely an evolutionary defense mechanism. The level-headed organism is more likely to reproduce. Nothing more than neurochemistry at work in that statement. Humans thrive on personal delusions. It works perfectly until delusions conflict with each other or reality such that the organism is less likely to survive.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Continue...

The function? Ni? Your tertiary.

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    There's an infinite amount of worldviews, each of them largely subjective and each of them probably wrong.
    I am a subscriber to the theory that humans possess the powers of reason to discern between what is true and what is not. Analyze everything that comes in, find out where it came from, and check it for holes.
    Okay, so...

Ne, Ti? Your tertiary and inferior.

(Again, I'm not good at this, so those who are, please chime in.)

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Be completely free, without hindering other people's freedom. Enjoy life, follow your whims, do what you feel is right. Do not harm others.

Fi?

Edited a little.

MBTI
    INTJ

People need to learn not to react before they have stepped back and attempted to view their situation, and that of offending parties, from an external standpoint. Doing so allows for actions that are more objective and more empathetic, and prevents rash, automatic reactions that are regretted later by all involved. People need to take a moment to contemplate, so that their actions are rational, and inclined to maximise chances at a desired outcome.

?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Everything has pros and cons. Everything.

?