• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Yummy MBTI Descriptions I Found

VagrantFarce

Felt like sharing, in case someone hasn't read them :)

point3.gif

point4.gif

point5.gif

point2.gif

Concise as fuck :banana:

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Awesome!

I love it. :yes::D

Especially "Content" vs "Context".

Great way to put it.

Mole

Permabanned
Concise as fuck.

Yes, it concisely promotes the USA's business cult of MBTI.

Just as this USA site promotes the business cult of MBTI.

Just as the business of America is business.

Even business cults in the USA are big business.

And the marriage of business and religious cults is as American as apple pie.

So why should we be surprised that this USA site promotes guns and drugs to school children.

VagrantFarce

So why should we be surprised that this USA site promotes guns and drugs to school children.

And unfortunately it is the school children who are being rooted, or as you so felicitously put it, fucked.

Still seeing through the smoke and mirrors, huh Victor? :newwink:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Very intriguing descriptions. I like the way in which it is put. I give it a clap.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
You've found some pretty good stuff!

I so much more prefer the pared down descriptions (like in the OP) where people can fill in the blank compared to descriptions like these. Aside from the underlined in the intuitive descriptions, these are virtually the same...only the underlined phrases make assumptions about character traits that I think needs to be removed from MBTI.

ESTJ
For ESTJs the driving force in their lives is their need to analyze and bring into logical order the outer world of events, people, and things. ESTJs like to organize anything that comes into their domain, and they will work energetically to complete tasks so they can quickly move from one to the next. Sensing orients their thinking to current facts and realities, and thus gives their thinking a pragmatic quality. ESTJs take their responsibilities seriously and believe others should do so as well.

ENTJ
For ENTJs the driving force in their lives is their need to analyze and bring into logical order the outer world of events, people, and things. ENTJs are natural leaders who build conceptual models that serve as plans for strategic action. Intuition orients their thinking to the future, and gives their thinking an abstract quality. ENTJs will actively pursue and direct others in the pursuit of goals they have set, and they prefer a world that is structured and organized.

ESFJ
For ESFJs the dominant quality in their lives is an active and intense caring about people and a strong desire to bring harmony into their relationships. ESFJs bring an aura of warmth to all that they do, and they naturally move into action to help others, to organize the world around them, and to get things done. Sensing orients their feeling to current facts and realities, and thus gives their feeling a hands-on pragmatic quality. ESFJs take their work seriously and believe others should as well.

ENFJ
For ENFJs the dominant quality in their lives is an active and intense caring about people and a strong desire to bring harmony into their relationships. ENFJs are openly expressive and empathic people who bring an aura of warmth to all that they do. Intuition orients their feeling to the new and to the possible, thus ENFJs often enjoy working to manifest a humanitarian vision, or helping others develop their potential. ENFJs naturally and conscientiously move into action to care for others, to organize the world around them, and to get things done.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is the kind of stuff that should be in test results. Good find.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I have problems seeing "I want freedom from choice" as a universal J preference.

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm concerned by the restriction of Ni to the future. I see this often, but I just don't get it - it's application is more broad than that. To me, it seems atemporal.

I really like, however, the connection of objectivity to extroverted and subjectivity to introverted functions. Ps perceive things objectively but discard objectivity when making decisions, while Js try to decide objectively but base their decisions on subjective understandings.

It rings true, in a slightly different sense of 'objective' and 'subjective' to those normally associated with F and T.

Fecal McAngry

I'm concerned by the restriction of Ni to the future. I see this often, but I just don't get it - it's application is more broad than that. To me, it seems atemporal.

Could you elaborate on this?

My understanding of Ni is that while it can be used in a past context--for example, attempting to figure out who shot JFK--if we are dealing with the normal physical laws which bind us here on earth, the starting point of an Ni "train of thought" is necessarily before the end point, or points further down the road. Of course, this doesn't make the function itself future oriented per se, but 99% of the time the content revealed by use of Ni would be future-related...

Fecal McAngry

Just as the business of America is business.

Even business cults in the USA are big business.

And the marriage of business and religious cults is as American as apple pie.

Victor, what is your MBTI type?

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
Could you elaborate on this?

My understanding of Ni is that while it can be used in a past context--for example, attempting to figure out who shot JFK--if we are dealing with the normal physical laws which bind us here on earth, the starting point of an Ni "train of thought" is necessarily before the end point, or points further down the road. Of course, this doesn't make the function itself future oriented per se, but 99% of the time the content revealed by use of Ni would be future-related...
If I think about a theory, Ni gives insights in the context of that theory. If the theory is atemporal, the insight is also atemporal.

I'm a little confused by your point here...the starting point of a Ni 'train of thought' occurs in time before the end point of that train of thought, but that's also true of a Si comparison, of a Se experience of an ongoing event, of a Ne series of connections. And the content of the Ni thought need not be, and, in my experience, often is not, related specifically to the future. Why would 99% of the content revealed by Ni use be future related? This is exactly what I don't get.

I do think about the future, but I think atemporally more.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is good stuff. Very concise.

VagrantFarce

I do think about the future, but I think atemporally more.

Maybe it's better to think of it as: you think atemporally, but the context that's generated is for future use. or that you may think of the past, present and future, but the intention is to conceive a predictable future outcome.

or something. :tongue:

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
Maybe it's better to think of it as: you think atemporally, but the context that's generated is for future use. or that you may think of the past, present and future, but the intention is to conceive a predictable future outcome.

or something. :tongue:
Future use, though, is again true of any perceiving function (except perhaps Se), and the intention being to conceive a predictable future outcome just doesn't seem to be the primary motivation much of the time.

If Ni is alternate perspectives simultaneously held as equally true (and false) interpretations of something that is fundamentally not interpretation, not interpretable in its actual nature, and/or if Ni is a process of unconscious reasoning that generates answers you didn't derive consciously, why need it be future oriented, aimed at predicting future outcomes (rather than mere solutions/insights), etc.?

Still confused. :huh:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow; those are very good! (I had glossed through them in a rush before, but now took a better look at them).