User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fluctuating Personality

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Markasin3 View Post
    Really!? That'll be awesome. I admire an INTPs intelligence. If this is the case, then I must have been undercover for a very long time.
    I dunno. Don't know much about you. But this is like your main point, and also a significant intp trait.

Art is archetypical isfp though. I also have this idea that some intp's, especially the ennagram 5w4 type, can have this borderline personality. intp-infp-isfp. Maybe it's the art that does it. Brings out the concrete, please share if you like.

Generally I think this is possible. And even happens. Some people are more multi task then others.

Junior Member Array

Hey, I thought I share this. I might also copy and paste this to another thread.

I took the test from two different tests. The first one I took was in the book Please Understand ME II, and the second one I took was from four days later.

This is my results from the book:
    10 introverted, 0 extroverted
    10 sensing, 10 intuitive
    10 thinking, 10 feeling
    15 perceiving, 5 judging

Four days later, this is my results from the site:

Introverted (I) 67.65% Extroverted (E) 32.35%
    Sensing (S) 50% Intuitive (N) 50%
    Thinking (T) 51.43% Feeling (F) 48.57%
    Perceiving (P) 62.16% Judging (J) 37.84%

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    You might be INTP. They are apparently the most notorious chameleons.
    no actually they're not
    This was where I got it from, dunno if it's accurate or apply to all. Granted there is a difference between resembling a chameleon and actually being one. I meant the former, just to be clear.

INTP Central
    INTPs preference for intuitive perception (rather than action) with respect to people results in them resembling a chameleon. The INTP can fit into many different modes of behaviour, even contradictory ones, in order to get into the mindset of the other person. The goal is to gain enough intuitive data to analyse and assess the person. In doing this, the INTP remains somewhat reserved, never wholly identifying himself with his surroundings. As chameleons, INTPs are therefore approachable and open, unless the Ne tells the INTP that the other person is a type he doesn't like, in which case the reserved attitude may become too obvious. The chameleon behaviour can be particularly strong when discussing something. The INTP may even argue something that he doesn't really believe himself. Sometimes it is for the intellectual stimulation that comes with the challenge of arguing from a variety of standpoints. Otherwise, it may be to avoid early conflict before the situation has been fully assessed. Chameleons hide their true selves. INTPs do not do this cynically, or indeed all the time, but it is a result of the strong desire to remain detached and observe.

The chameleon idea isn't really a change in personality. I don't think it's internal change as much as giving so few external cues that people's view of the INTP can change easily.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil