User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 37

  1. #1
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default The Dominant Assumption: "Above all else..."

    INJ (Ni): "...reality is arbitrary, and we are nothing but irrational, pattern-seeking individuals. Every perspective is an assumption, and there is no right or wrong answer to anything."
    ITP (Ti): "...the universe makes sense, and is governed by logic. As people, we are subject to the same rules as everything else and are no "better" or "worse" than anything else."
    IFP (Fi): "...the world is shaped by individuals, with living emotional needs. We are all driven by subjective values that are specific to us and no one else."
    ISJ (Si): "...the world is shaped by individuals or communities with their own loyalties, seeking to preserve what they think is important."

    EFJ (Fe): "...people are social animals, and we need to feel embraced in a larger community in order to feel good about ourselves."
    ETJ (Te) "...people love to take control. We measure, we exploit and we take as much as we can in order to feel good about ourselves."
    ENP (Ne) "...opportunities for change come and go, and we need to keep moving if we're going to catch them. We're like sharks! We have to keep moving in order to survive!"
    ESP (Se) "...everything is just a series of moments and sensations, and we're just animals at the end of the day. If we want something, we just go get it!"

    I like doing these things
    Hello

  2. #2
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    I like doing these things
    We know and appreciate it.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    t
    IFP (Fi): "...the world is shaped by individuals, with living emotional needs. We are all driven by subjective values that are specific to us and no one else."
    This doesn't speak to me...

  4. #4
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    INJ (Ni): "...reality is arbitrary, and we are nothing but irrational, pattern-seeking individuals. Every perspective is an assumption, and there is no right or wrong answer to anything."
    I dont know if I'd go that far.

  5. #5
    Senior Member d4mselfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    INJ (Ni): "...reality is arbitrary, and we are nothing but irrational, pattern-seeking individuals. Every perspective is an assumption, and there is no right or wrong answer to anything."
    Very relativist. It resonates pretty well with me, though, but I take the latter part to be referring to moral questions and answers, and not logical ones which arguably do have correct answers if they're structured correctly because we define them...

  6. #6
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d4mselfly View Post
    Very relativist. It resonates pretty well with me, though, but I take the latter part to be referring to moral questions and answers, and not logical ones which arguably do have correct answers if they're structured correctly because we define them...
    Well even in regards to moral questions, the latter part wouldnt apply.

  7. #7
    Senior Member d4mselfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Well even in regards to moral questions, the latter part wouldnt apply.
    I think I'm just very relativist, so fair enough.

  8. #8
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Why do you keep making theses?

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    ETJ (Te) "...people love to take control. We measure, we exploit and we take as much as we can in order to feel good about ourselves."
    Uhh.. nah.

  9. #9
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    Why do you keep making theses?
    Can't you read? It's fun.
    Hello

  10. #10
    Head Pigeon Mad Hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    ITP (Ti): "...the universe makes sense, and is governed by logic. As people, we are subject to the same rules as everything else and are no "better" or "worse" than anything else."
    To assume that it is the universe that makes sense is a bold statement
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

    -τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

Similar Threads

  1. The Random Movie Quote Thread
    By asynartetic in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 220
    Last Post: 12-02-2017, 10:31 PM
  2. [INTP] Does the world hate INTP's? All types welcome.
    By mortabunt in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 270
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 07:57 AM
  3. J/P and the Dominant Function
    By Kuro in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 06:26 AM
  4. Scientific evidence for the MBTI assumptions
    By Nails in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 12:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO