• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pretentious [add in any other negative adjective] Ti

Qre:us

We have a thread about how Fi can be perceived as pretentious. How about Ti?

How does it manifest itself as pretentious? Or any other negatives observed by the receipients of Ti?

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Argh, I wanted to start this thread. It was supposed to serve as the tongue that licks the wounds on my relations with the forum's NFPs. Curse you for stealing my chance at NFP harmony!

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't think this is really necessary. You can see 'pretentious T' in many of the threads here already.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
^Why don't you actually offer some constructive input and tell us why you personally perceive it as pretentious? Otherwise your post just serves to pretentiously imply that since you find Ti so obviously pretentious, everyone else does/should too.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ooh! I'll try! :holy:

Ti people can be so pretentious sometimes by acting like they totally have the monopoly on thought and that everyone else probably isn't that bright and probably sits in the forest singing to the woodland creatures or something! :yes:

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Ti-ers are pretentious because they think that logic should govern the world simply because it governs their own personal cognitive processes and beliefs.

VagrantFarce

lol

and here, we...go!

My analysis :)D ):

Ti is only seen as pretentious from an Fe or Te standpoint. If you're looking at the world in term of Extraverted-Judgement, every behaviour someone makes is determining a social role. So if someone is acting as if he isn't subject to the same social rules as everyone else, then that person is obviously an elitist, pretentious asshole who thinks he's smarter and better than everyone else! How dare he! :angry:

I also think the same can be said of Fi. :yes: Of course, there's a flip-side to this, in that Extraverted-Judgement can seem overly-controlling and arbitrary from a Ti or Fi perspective.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
^Why don't you actually offer some constructive input and tell us why you personally perceive it as pretentious? Otherwise your post just serves to pretentiously imply that since you find Ti so obviously pretentious, everyone else does/should too.

It's really easy to push your buttons...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ooh! I'll try! :holy:

Ti people can be so pretentious sometimes by acting like they totally have the monopoly on thought and that everyone else probably isn't that bright and probably sits in the forest singing to the woodland creatures or something! :yes:

:doh: Do not judge or diss what you haven't tried as inferior!

:devil:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:doh: Do not judge or diss what you haven't tried as inferior!

:devil:

If I sang to the woodland creatures it would be decidedly un-Disneylike... I'm so tone deaf that they'd be running for the nearest burrow to barricade the door and wait it out! :yes:

my INFP friend has been known to play her clarinet in the woods so that the flowers could appreciate it though :laugh:

poor girl does NOT help the stereotypes... falls into almost every single one of them!

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
EDIT: nm, my input got swallowed by this shitty spam. think what ya will, i dont care

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
It's really easy to push your buttons...

Or it's just really easy for you to believe that you've pushed my buttons.

I have button impostors everywhere. Only a few are actually pressable though.

Qre:us

I don't think this is really necessary. You can see 'pretentious T' in many of the threads here already.

It hinders rather than helps, when we're trying to understand Fi, that they keep bringing it back to, 'well, uh, how about you? And, YOUR Ti?'

So, two threads, clean separation. Keep the bitching to the relevant threads. Otherwise, we go in circles getting nowhere. Parse.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Give her a break, she's trying to make amends and she's had a lot of shit over her head ;)

OK. I apologize. I really don't think cognative functions can be pretentious, but that's just me splitting hairs. I'm just a dumb, smiley-using feeler.:yes::hi::wubbie::devil:;):jew::coffee::hug::cheese::cry::doh::D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I sang to the woodland creatures it would be decidedly un-Disneylike... I'm so tone deaf that they'd be running for the nearest burrow to barricade the door and wait it out! :yes:

my INFP friend has been known to play her clarinet in the woods so that the flowers could appreciate it though :laugh:

poor girl does NOT help the stereotypes... falls into almost every single one of them!

She's got the right idea :yes:
If you don't know how to sing, do something else in nature that you are good at. Feel the connection...feel alive and one with Nature :wubbie:

...did I mention I *love* confirming stereotypes, am proud of being a treehugger and am here to make you realize that treehugging has merit? :devil:

Give it up girl..you don't wanna see what comes next :D

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
OK. I apologize. I really don't think cognative functions can be pretentious, but that's just me splitting hairs. I'm just a dumb, smiley-using feeler.:yes::hi::wubbie::devil:;):jew::coffee::hug::cheese::cry::doh::D

Seriously, could you please actually explain your viewpoints if you are going to contribute here? We're interested in hearing them. The passive aggressive bullshit is getting old.

VagrantFarce

Seriously, could you please actually explain your viewpoints if you are going to contribute here? We're interested in hearing them. The passive aggressive bullshit is getting old.

:devil: Yes! Strike him down now! Feed your anger! It will make you more powerful than you can imagine!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nails..retract people, plz? This doesn't help.

Q, I appreciate why you wanna split things, but personally, I ( and I dunno, perhaps other NFPs too) work better when I get to compare things coz it makes it easier to find the differences and grasp the similarities better, as you can compare it to the function that is natural to you. Doing this in a non-judgemental way however, is of the essence, I agree.