User Tag List

First 789

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Okay Guys,
    Making sure I understand Ti. So basically Ti works the same as Fi, as Ne fuels it with information and stimulus, but rather than being filtered through a set of predetermined values like Fi, It gets filtered through a set of predetermined rules (or perimeters)? This is an oversimplification of course...but am I in the ball park?
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    Okay Guys,
    Making sure I understand Ti. So basically Ti works the same as Fi, as Ne fuels it with information and stimulus, but rather than being filtered through a set of predetermined values like Fi, It gets filtered through a set of predetermined rules (or perimeters)? This is an oversimplification of course...but am I in the ball park?
    Yes, that's a quite good description. Just add Se as alternative information source... there are Se/Ti users out there, too

I'll give you an example of my Ti use as a child. I was about nine years old. There was some craft session in class, and we had to choose a coloured piece of paper. We all chose our colour.
    Then the teacher found another stack of coloured paper: pale purple, the best colour of all!
    ALL children chose the pale purple instead of their original colour, except...
    I didn't, even though I preferred the pale purple! It was more important to me to "stay with my first choice" than "getting my favourite colour".
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women