Socionics
    INFj

OHNOW.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I find that in some cases certain Ti users may feel as if those who do not fit their inner logical framework, are by definition, flawed. Without considering, that people can indeed be quite different in their ways and dealings.

And attempts to understand may come off as them waiting for the other party to explain and excuse their behaviour.

This of course applies to 'unhealthy' people, loathe as I may that particular word and its overuse...

That was kind of a useless post.
    Agreed, not the useless post part

I don't have much to add but I do have a question for Ti-users in general. Once your Ti has made a decision, what would it take for others (especially non-Ti folks) to make you realize that that decision/logic is wrong and change your mind?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Agreed, not the useless post part

I don't have much to add but I do have a question for Ti-users in general. Once your Ti has made a decision, what would it take for others (especially non-Ti folks) to make you realize that that decision/logic is wrong and change your mind?
    Point out the contradiction/inconsistency in the logical process, and/or or challenge the premise in the first place by giving proof counter to it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Yep, pointing out mistakes in people's reasoning or phrasing just for the sake of internal correctness can get you in a lot of trouble in social situations.

Trust me.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

If I may interject a hair-splitting question here I already wanted to ask in the Fi-thread:

Is "pretentious" really the right word, or shouldn't it rather be presumptuos?
    My premise is that pretentiousness denotes a certain kind of (obnoxious) behaviour while presumption rather refers to a kind of judgment, i.e. to overestimate one's own capabilities, and which isn't necessarily outwardly directed (as is pretentiousness).

I'm not a native speaker of English, but I think there is a slight but important difference.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Thanks for starting this thread Q and thanks DonnaTesla for thinking of starting this thread as well.

I don't think a function in itself is presumptuous. users across functions are however often presumptuous. Similar to what Q said about Good Fi and Bad Fi, I related this like others in the Fi thread to the support function (Te for Fi doms/auxs and Fe for Ti doms/auxs).
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post993896

When this support function is weak, it seems to reflect in a close-minded approach to a subject, whatever it may be, in a refusal to consider other explanations or views. For Fi doms/auxs, the judgment reached through internal values, if not accompanied by the detachment Te provides, reflects in decisions made purely on personal values that may or may not reflect broader principles then held on to stubbornly in the face of other Fi doms/auxs and others suggesting that the internal process may be better served by incorporating more ethical principles - universal ethical principles than just individual values.

For Ti doms/auxs with weak Fe, it manifests as a similarly close-minded approach to the subject. The Ti judgment is made through a personal, internalized process as well. Not involving emotions, it is however individual to the user as evident in Ti doms/auxs disagreeing on explanations themselves all made with a preference for logic. When accompanied by well-developed Fe, however, it could lead to the Ti dom/aux having good communication skills to explain this internal process and logic and to consider the alternatives provided by others. This leads to a better discussion and learning on whatever the subject may be. This weak Fe supported, presumptuous and equally stubborn stance is just as frustrating even though it may be presented under the guise of a "logical" explanation. No type has a monopoly over the use of logic so this comes off as patronizing and close-minded.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Ok, tell me again who counts as a Ti user, please?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Ok, tell me again who counts as a Ti user, please?
    TPs and FJs

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    We have a thread about how Fi can be perceived as pretentious. How about Ti?

How does it manifest itself as pretentious? Or any other negatives observed by the receipients of Ti?
    I've known some extraordinarily pretentious, precious, bloviating ENTPs, but most INTPs seem anything but.

"Pretentious Ti"?

Naaaah.