User Tag List

First 23456 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    How about NPs are pretentious? Since these threads are basically about NFPs and NTPs.
    because no one is pretentious. we're all friends here!

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    EDIT: nm, my input got swallowed by this shitty spam. think what ya will, i dont care
    Stop being a baby and repost. It may have gotten swallowed up but more people will be visiting this thread, you never know if the later visitors might actually find some insight into your posts. It's not always about an immediate response.....

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    How about NPs are pretentious? Since these threads are basically about NFPs and NTPs.
    I would like to point out that, you sometimes come across as one of the most pretenious posters on the board. Just letting you know.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    EDIT: nm, my input got swallowed by this shitty spam. think what ya will, i dont care
    How pretentious.:steam:

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    BUT - if I were to take note of when Ti-users are pretentious, it is when they present their personal theories as truth, when they are only opinions or assertions. This can cause confusion when their works are accessed by others, because they are interpreted as facts instead of as opinions. Indeed, a Ti user can come across as possessing an intellectually superior quality and have a very closed mind to the thoughts and interpretations of others.
    Nicely put, and I agree. I have a few Ti users that I view as quite pretentious because they just want to play cat-and-mouse with someone but doesn't want to engage in a productive discourse.

E.g., there's an user here who's notorious for just shooting down what someone said with simply, "no, you're wrong, this is incorrect." and that's it. It's like, wtf? Do you think you're so special that I have to grease your pretentious ass to beg for a few crumbs of explanation?

If you think something is wrong, give the courtesy to explain why unless its blatantly obvious. And, I'm sure their response is, 'well, it's so clear that it's blatantly obvious to me.'........subjectivity allows some people to excuse a lot of their own assholishness.
    Last edited by Qre:us; 01-09-2010 at 08:40 AM.

MBTI
    INXP

How does one recognise Ti (pretentious or otherwise)? I find that quite tricky, in practice.

By definition its not a function we can "see" from the outside.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ Well said! Kind of like our Fi users saying "Hey - I don't emote this to the outside world, so how in the heck can I be pretentious!"

Perhaps it's all in the attempted expression of that inner process. So it should improve with use and maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    How does one recognise Ti (pretentious or otherwise)? I find that quite tricky, in practice.

By definition its not a function we can "see" from the outside.
    It's easier to see the judging functions than the perceiving as the judgement is the manifestation into the real world, so F/T.

But, yes, it's the person then who has pretentious traits and not simply an isolated function, so the best way to be relevant to the OP would be to answer how their pretentiousness is manifested through their use of their judging function, in the case for this thread, their Ti.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    as the judgement is the manifestation into the real world, so F/T.
    eh?

For a J, the external function is the judging one.

For a P, the external function is the perceiving one.

So, for a P, the judgement is not their manifestation onto the real world. it's on the inside. What you see is their perceiving function...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Fair enough, but the above assumes that only Ti users do not get the perspective of Fi, and, that all Fi users get/understand all manifestations of Fi.

That's why, in the other thread, I separated into what I subjectively evaluate as "good" and "bad" Fi. I've had discussions with those that I consider to have "good" Fi who are just as puzzled as me, being a Ti user, with some of these manifestations of Fi that they see ("bad" Fi).

So, comparing it to Ti with Fi is not always getting to the root of the issue of understanding some of the different manifestations of Fi, in an of itself, and likewise, Ti, in and of, itself.
    True, but if you look at what Peacebaby, once more, did, it's not that way that it's meant. It's more that, in order to make the other type understand, you compare what your function does to how it manifests itself, or how you've seen it manifest in the other function, so the other people can introspect and understand how it works.

The differences you're referring to can still be ID'd the same way, though they may not be familiar to all Fi-users or Ti-users out there, but it will still increase understanding of how it works for the other party as you understand your own function better and can relate better usually. If only we can do this in a non-judgemental way, and while retracting claws, we could potentially gain a lot from it.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”