User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I love Ti users so I guess I don't have too much else to add. I love to scratch them behind their ears and under their chins and feed them cookies with milk.

BUT - if I were to take note of when Ti-users are pretentious, it is when they present their personal theories as truth, when they are only opinions or assertions. This can cause confusion when their works are accessed by others, because they are interpreted as facts instead of as opinions. Indeed, a Ti user can come across as possessing an intellectually superior quality and have a very closed mind to the thoughts and interpretations of others.

Just the flip-side of the Pretentious Fi thread really. If an Fi user presents their feelings as the only truth, instead of an opinion, that too is presumptive.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I love Ti users so I guess I don't have too much else to add. I love to scratch them behind their ears and under their chins and feed them cookies with milk.
    Thanks PeaceBaby! *nibbles on cookie*

Pretentious Ti:
    - shoots something off for being inconsistent when, actually, it's about preference
    - asks for logical arguments for everything, even if it's eg. about who would be a good partner for you. (Heck, TiTamske, my ESTJ is a good partner to me because I love him! Shut up already.)
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

^^ Quod erat demonstrandum

Tnx Peacebaby, for demonstrating how Fi-users can/prefer to draw comparisons in a non-judgemental way, and how that's a natural way of debating for us
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Yes! Strike him down now! Feed your anger! It will make you more powerful than you can imagine!
    I'm going to need a crown of gold now to complement all my newfound power. Bow down you subservient fools!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

BUT - if I were to take note of when Ti-users are pretentious, it is when they present their personal theories as truth, when they are only opinions or assertions. This can cause confusion when their works are accessed by others, because they are interpreted as facts instead of as opinions. Indeed, a Ti user can come across as possessing an intellectually superior quality and have a very closed mind to the thoughts and interpretations of others.

Just the flip-side of the Pretentious Fi thread really. If an Fi user presents their feelings as the only truth, instead of an opinion, that too is presumptive.
    This is very accurate. If a strong Ti-er concludes something from some sort of a prior logical reasoning, then they'll regard it as true. Unbalanced Ti would seriously benefit from some Pe. It would bring them back to reality and make their arguments more relevant to what's actually going on in the world.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

This is very accurate. If a strong Ti-er concludes something from some sort of a priori logical reasoning, then they'll regard it as true. Unbalanced Ti would seriously benefit from some Pe. It would bring Ti-ers back to reality and make their arguments more relevant to what's actually going on in the world.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    ooh! I'll try!

Ti people can be so pretentious sometimes by acting like they totally have the monopoly on thought and that everyone else probably isn't that bright and probably sits in the forest singing to the woodland creatures or something!
    yes!! I know an INTP IRL and he doesn't do shit but thinks he's superior and deserves to be a tutor in our department at school, but its like he's failed all his core classes for the major because doesn't make page count. He's essentially all talk and thinks he's a fiction god, and it's like yeah he could do it but he's so fucking lazy. I'm like why do you think you have the right to act so pretentious when you don't do shit??? Its like he thinks he's better then everyone else and it's like I'm ok at fiction, I wouldn't say I was great but I do try to improve. I mean there are people who are better then me and their are people who are worse, and that's life.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Nails..retract people, plz? This doesn't help.

Q, I appreciate why you wanna split things, but personally, I ( and I dunno, perhaps other NFPs too) work better when I get to compare things coz it makes it easier to find the differences and grasp the similarities better, as you can compare it to the function that is natural to you. Doing this in a non-judgemental way however, is of the essence, I agree.
    Fair enough, but the above assumes that only Ti users do not get the perspective of Fi, and, that all Fi users get/understand all manifestations of Fi.

That's why, in the other thread, I separated into what I subjectively evaluate as "good" and "bad" Fi. I've had discussions with those that I consider to have "good" Fi who are just as puzzled as me, being a Ti user, with some of these manifestations of Fi that they see ("bad" Fi).

So, comparing it to Ti with Fi is not always getting to the root of the issue of understanding some of the different manifestations of Fi, in an of itself, and likewise, Ti, in and of, itself.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

How about NPs are pretentious? Since these threads are basically about NFPs and NTPs.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ ooooh BlackCat, what a concept ...

I have cookies with milk for you too!