0 0%
  • ESFJ

0 0%
First 234

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    A single dichotomy can cause very drastic change in temperament. ESTJ is really really different from ESTP.
    Their function order might be completely different, but in practice they act fairly similarly. The amount of information given is not what I'd consider sufficient to accurately type someone, so I'm surprised that a lot of people got so close.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Their function order might be completely different, but in practice they act fairly similarly. The amount of information given is not what I'd consider sufficient to accurately type someone, so I'm surprised that a lot of people got so close.
    That.
    And, also, should the poll have been multiple rather than single choice, I might have chosen ESTJ as well.
    Seriously, now, of the few information we had, she seemed more like an SP than an SJ. And we really had nothing positive about her being E over I.
    Anyway, it was fun

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    That.
    And, also, should the poll have been multiple rather than single choice, I might have chosen ESTJ as well.
    Seriously, now, of the few information we had, she seemed more like an SP than an SJ. And we really had nothing positive about her being E over I.
    Anyway, it was fun
    I'm actually surprised as well. From the questions asked, I'm not sure why anyone picked E over I... and of course, the J/P thing was expected from the questions asked (her desk and such are very poor indicators of J/P, however asking about her filing, bookshelves, computer files, etc would all of been far more J.)

Originally I was hoping for about 2x as many questions but... ah well I do have more I could do but it doesn't really work without a lot more questions being asked.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    She took it for work, so yes, positive.
    She took it for work? As in, she needed to take it to get hired, or you asked her to take it while at work?

It's important, because if it's the former, she may have lied to up her odds of being hired. Especially if she applied directly for the managerial position.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I observe to the contrary. Not only to the contrary, but I've seen ESTPs and ESTJs acting very very differently. But then, I've also seen them acting similarly.

Without getting into too much analysis of any individual type, I'll say that there's certainly some overlap, but it should be noted that a single dichotomy can and usually does have drastic affect on behavior (otherwise the game would be impossible)

MBTI
    INFJ

She took it for work? As in, she needed to take it to get hired, or you asked her to take it while at work?

It's important, because if it's the former, she may have lied to up her odds of being hired. Especially if she applied directly for the managerial position.
    It's important even with the latter. I officially took the MBTI at 2 jobs. The first one I answered honestly because I was in a very comfortable work environment and didn't feel as though I'd be judged differently for being an introverted manager. At my second job, I purposely answered more extraverted and thinker answers because I felt as though my capabilities as a manager would be judged because of it - especially since I managed sales to an extent. Therefore, that job has me down in the books as an ENTJ - which I am totally not. I'm sure my performance contridicted my fake type, but I was honestly nervous to let on that I was an introverted feeler for fear my bosses would look at me as weak. Needless to say, I lasted in that job about a year before hitting my breaking point.

She took it for work, so yes, positive.
    Aha! The response bias while at work is towards J, so maybe she is an ESTP after all, she just doesn't realize it yet!

MBTI
    ISTP

She and her entire team took it as a pilot for investigating different instruments in the company. This was fairly recent (before her 5 years but sometime after 4 years).

I do find the arguments being thrown up interesting. Everyone is happy to type people at a distance and be comfortable with their own answers, and yet someone taking the full instrument, interviewed with it and then discussing it in a panel for use in the company is being questioned in terms of reliability. I typed her as an ESTJ as well, years in advance of this... but the reason is because she is steretypically so... the reason I chose her first is because she is extremely stereotypical because I knew these arguments would be used (as a stepping stone to typing the others I know). Her confidence levels are very high, she expresses nearly all traits and sub-domains and was solidly placed in that type by her, her co-workers and the clinician.

There was a point to all of this but I didn't get enough activity to get to that point... but perhaps this point is just as good. There is a huge bias in individual typing, both in how we gather information and then how we process it. It is vastly harder to correctly type someone than we think, although we can normally get the strongly expressed traits right (which, ironically, isn't the case here - quite the opposite... ), even if (or especially if) one has to seek the information rather than make a holistic opinion based on observation.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

This is a good game format Pt! Some day when I meet a professionally MBTI-tested person, I'll licence this format of yours and run my own show, on the same channel

I didn't read the answers with enough concentration so my guess was 3 letters off ;P

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

There was a point to all of this but I didn't get enough activity to get to that point... but perhaps this point is just as good. There is a huge bias in individual typing, both in how we gather information and then how we process it. It is vastly harder to correctly type someone than we think, although we can normally get the strongly expressed traits right (which, ironically, isn't the case here - quite the opposite... ), even if (or especially if) one has to seek the information rather than make a holistic opinion based on observation.
    Heheh I agree for the most part. Doing this Q&A method I actually think typing is less accurate then if you were able to observe and get to know the person. I was expecting the results to be widely off actually. This is why I am surprised the largest group was only one letter off.

Perhaps our ability as a group to type people is actually a little better than the skeptics think, but not as good as the optimists think?
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com