User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    How exactly do you experiance being drained by people and socializing ?
    Being both introverted and FiNe, it's kinda of like having a deflector shield up all the time. With people I'm not familiar with, it's both to keep my Fi toned down as well as to prevent my Ne from reading too many 'vibes' from the others. Maintaining that shield takes energy and it will drain after a while.

How often you don't feel drained around people ?
    When I'm with family or close friends, I have no problem with having the shield down or at least weakened to such an extent that my antimatter engine is not stressed. Also if the purpose of the grouping is something I'm interested in (i.e not purely social only), then it's ok too. Especially if I don't have to lead the activity/conversation and can just be a part of the group. I love brainstorming at work when I can just throw out ideas.

In what suroundings you lose the smallest amount of energy ?
    Strangely enough, it is one where I spend a lot of physical energy. I go to the gym regularly and sometimes I can go into an automatic mode.

Describe your normal conversation style ?
    "Seek first to understand, then be understood". Definitely quiet and reserved instead of blurting out everything I'm thinking (again some form of shield)

How much alone time do you need during a average day ?
    Well, there are certainly times when I prefer to be left alone, even at work. My colleagues know me well enough now that if I give single word or grunt answers, don't bug me! Can't put it into numbers though of the exact hours or minutes...
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

How exactly do you experiance being drained my people and socializing ?
    I get irritated or stressed.

It's somewhat always there, but it gets stronger when there are lots of people and people I don't know well, or people I don't like.

Some familiar place with familiar people.

Describe your normal conversation stile ?
    Hmm... I don't know. Either I talk and joke about trivial things, or I discuss. There can be different style depending on my enthusiasm over the subject. Sometimes I might shout, sometimes I stare into the distance and keep my voice down.

Depends on my level of stress. If I'm not stressed, none.

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I get very tired and irritable, and my tolerance for idiocy drops right through the floor. I generally zone out, or take a nap even, if there's no real way to isolate myself. People trying to talke to me end up getting glared at.

If they're people I know very well, or people I don't know who will leave me alone, I'm generally fine. People talking to me about nothing, asking me for favours, or people who are talking to other people about nothing around me sap my energy pretty fast.

Quiet settings, such as computer labs and libraries, and anywhere that I feel like I have air (such as the outdoors, or rooms with lots of windows).

I tend to listen. Most of my friends (and family) seem to like saying their part in conversations, and as they're mostly extroverted (even though a few of them are convinced they're introverts for whatever reason), I tend to get drowned out. I generally interject a thing or two during the conversation, but I'm usually not talking for more than a few moments at a time.

I tend to shut myself in my room the minute I get home, and stay there the rest of the night. So, on average, about 6 or so hours. This, of course, increases when I'm stressed or I've been out all day and decreases when I'm in a good mood.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

How exactly do you experience being drained by people and socializing?
    I'll get physically tired and liable to zone out. If someone tries to draw me back, I may snap at them, or my answers will get shorter and more curt to the point where I'll only acknowledge things with a nod or murmur of agreement/dissent. That's generally enough to get out of the situation unless someone is really persistent or oblivious.

How often don't you feel drained around people?
    As long as it isn't pointless chatter or small talk, I can actually last a while. If I'm telling someone about something, as long as they are listening and can keep up with my speed, it's not bad. It helps if they keep me going by asking questions, because I think of it more as revisiting what I already know by repeating and going through the motions than actively "teaching."

In what surroundings do you lose the smallest amount of energy?
    I can manage just about anywhere, but it's easier if I have a book or iPod if the location isn't quiet.

Describe your normal conversation style
    If it's interesting, I'll be animated and quite happy to share what I know. If I'm not interested, I'll be quite succinct and make it clear that it's the other party's job to keep it going. If it's small talk, just forget it. It'll fizzle within a moment or so.

How much alone time do you need during a average day?
    It varies, because even in a school setting, in a room of 500+, I might as well be alone because I can simply tune out the background noise and settle into my mind or the lecture at hand. I do need a few hours of pure solitude every day, though.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I just can't concentrate any more. I feel very drained. I perceive it as suddenly being immersed in a cotton ball, because I tend to withdraw into myself, so every thing sensory is slightly distorted. It can happen suddenly for me. When I get to that point, I just can't be with people. I can't even talk.
    For me, I get drained far quicker around strangers, than I do, with friends. Friends, I can spend hours and hours with. It also depends how much sensory stimulation is occuring too. I get drained far more quickly in a night club with flashing lights and loud music, than I do, hanging with my friends in one of their kitchens.
    Parks with lots of green vegetation. I find that restful, especially if they are near a body of water. As to why? I never really worked it out.
    Er, I have to ask some one who knows me. Apparently very non-linear. I get the feeling I use Ne a lot more than I reliese. Also I have a lot of internal dialouge, so quite often, I just say the last part of that dialouge, and it can appear random to other people, because it will have absolutely nothing to do with the conversation, or will be what was discussed like three hours ago.
    At least a couple of hours, but 3-4 hours ideally. Especially after a very busy/or stressful day at work. For me, it isn't necessarily getting away from people, but limiting the amount of sensory stimulation to a bare minimum for a little while so I can reset, so too speak.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I generally only feel a restlessness and wants to draw fresh air. Like if you are in a room with people and the walls are on fire, so after a while you start to suffocate.

For any prolonged period of time, usually I'm fine, if I don't have to pretend so much, unfortunately this has proven a necessity. A mask if you like.

Not often.

Around some children, before formed to much. I tend to relate how they take in the world unrestrained.

I like to talk about things that make them and me smile.

Dunno. Usually alone. But if in a group 24/7, I'd probably sneak away 30% at least of the awake hours. Unless their company was pleasant, then I could hang around all day, with no need for solitude.

For me it's nothing inherent, it's nurture created. Probably a fake I, but I nonetheless.

MBTI
    ENTP

Can only introverts answer?

I have to concentrate a lot to stay attentive to other people. Especially when they do the small-talk thing.

Let me give an extreme example: a New Year party with a lot of people repeating over and over that they were so glad to see each other (and me). I felt like I had to repeat the same thing... and it bored the heck out of me! After a while I just couldn't stand their talk and I got out. Only when I was alone, I could think clearly and decide that since it was a party, I wasn't required to be there; and since I'd prefer to study economics (not my favourite subject back then) I could better go away. So I did.

When I'm teaching, I feel drained too - more than just the physical and mental drain. I invest a lot of emotion in it too... wanting them to understand you, wanting to connect to them... But at the same time, it is very rewarding! I wouldn't want to miss it.

During the noon break, sometimes I stay among the other teachers and chat and feel happy and recharged. Sometimes I stay and chat and feel drained. Sometimes I can't get myself to stay among them. I feel I need some alone time before I can get to the next lesson.

This energy thing makes me want to change that first letter of my type. But I won't because:
    - I need input from other people to be productive
    - If I feel accepted and welcome - without having to say so much - I do gain energy in the social setting.
    - Ne is my dominant, without doubt

I don't know. Depends on the people and the activity - see below.

In what surroundings you lose the smallest amount of energy ?
    - classroom full of interested students, especially if I can show spectacular experiments
    - game club, playing with two or four or more...
    - quiet family setting

(When I'm really alone, I get restless after a while!)

Enthousiastic, explaining things,...

I don't know. Nowadays I get an hour or two, which is quite okay to me.
    On some days I get more and that's too much.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Can only introverts answer?

Well if they have a need to share I don't see a reason why not.

MBTI
    IXXP

In large gatherings I will be drained cause I'm so conscious of maintaing a good impression, it saps my energy. Other times I am drained because I am bombarded by people who I don't know and I have to understand who they are and what they expect of me. I'm also drained if there is not enough emotion, action, or stimulation and there is just normal mundane talk of which may become irritating at times. Sitting at a formal restaurant after the food has been eaten drains me.
    Usually my attention is drawn to the irrelevant surrounds or my inner thoughts.

Also, if something is not right with me to begin with (disturbed, angry, depressed) before I even go into a social situation, than no matter what the situation is, it will all drain me.
    How often you don't feel drained around people ? It used to be often, but most of the time not so much anymore. I tend to stick with those I'm closest to and have adequate enough time to myself throughout the week. However. I'm on winter break. Ask me in a month or two and this answer may greatly change.

In what suroundings you lose the smallest amount of energy ? When all uncomfortableness in not present. When I'm with a close friend, and I can be myself and I'm not depressed or irritated.

Hi. How are you doing? Not much. Okay... Followed by quietness and whacky thoughts.

I need half to a forth of the day alone, and the other portion around people so I don't get lonely.

If I go about three days without social interaction, I begin to lose it. Most introverts value their privacy, but they need to be reassured their not going to grow up lonely.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

How exactly do you experience being drained by people and socializing?
    It feels almost the same as getting physically exhausted, except there's also this fuzzy feeling in my head. It happens pretty gradually too...thank goodness.

How often don't you feel drained around people?
    When it's people I'm completely comfortable around, I don't feel drained at all.

In what surroundings do you lose the smallest amount of energy?
    When I'm with one or two people other people.

Describe your normal conversation style.
    I listen, mostly. Other than that...I don't know? I try to make jokes, ask the other person questions, talk about whatever. Not really sure.

How much alone time do you need during an average day?
    It varies. Like other people have said, it depends a lot on how stressed I am. I do like to have at least an hour or two of alone, daydream time a day.