• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can I recharge E or can only E recharge E?

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
An introvert is drained by being around people and recharges themselves by being alone with themselves. An extrovert is recharged by being around people. So, can introverts "recharge" extroverts, or can only extroverts recharge other extroverts?

Edit: it's late; hopefully this is a valid question. :D

G

Glycerine

External stimulation (including other people and things) recharge Es so both I's & E's can recharge E's. It also depends on what kind of person the E is around (ex. fun-loving or debbie-downer). However not all E's get energized by people.

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
In my experience, E friends do get recharged by interaction with Is. But it may not be ideal, because Es and Es can theoretically go on recharging one another indefinitely, whereas an I needs to go and recharge themselves after a while with an E (or anyone).

It can lead to E disappointment when, after, say, two activities, you need to head off when they thought they were just getting started.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yes, they can recharge E(nfp), very much so.

Chloe

An introvert is drained by being around people and recharges themselves by being alone with themselves. An extrovert is recharged by being around people. So, can introverts "recharge" extroverts, or can only extroverts recharge other extroverts?

Edit: it's late; hopefully this is a valid question. :D

i usually get recharged by making INTX guys uncomfortable. :D So I guess yes.:shock:

and btw Es get recharged by interacting with others, so other person technically can not speak at all... so can be I, why not.

Memphis

Cool question!
IME, not as much as another E.
The I's I know, drain me after a while, usually the longer I hang with them, the more exhausted I get, which would make sense. They probably feel the same way, and we both get into a negative spiral. I rarely feel energized by being around an I, I either keep the same level of energy that I had when I got there, or my energy level decreases with time. When I get home from hanging around an I, I usually call up another friend to hang out. However, there are those times when the I and the E are totally in sync - good times! And I also quite enjoy the mellowed-out version of me, which only an Introvert can bring out.

Side note. I'm a moderate E, so whenever I hang out with someone who's even more Extroverted than me, I turn Introverted on their ass and feel tired pretty soon.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If you hook that up to some kind of engine or a hamster in a wheel, you can recharge anything:

15043903.jpg