User Tag List

123 Last

Default Let's talk about Tertiary-Fi, if's that OK? ^_^

Does Tertiary-Fi lead to some instances where an ITJ might think "the rules don't apply to me, since I am a beautiful and unique snowflake that cannot be categorised and controlled"? Do ITJs then need to "shift gears" and take responsibility and accountability for themselves (in other words, embracing an Extraverted Thinking stance)?

So an INTJ might create an unhealthy romantic attachment to the patterns that they perceive, and then must take responsbility for themselves by applying rational thought and taking responsbility for their subjective perceptions.

An ISTJ might create an unhealthy romantic attachment to whatever they think must be maintained, and then must take responsbility for themselves by applying rational thought and taking responsbility for their subjective perceptions.

How does Tertiary-Fi typically play itself out?
    Hello

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

example of the sandwich feedback:

I like that you are interested in and dedicated to learning more and understanding how a function that is probably hard for you to interpret.

AND it would be even greater if you from all of this could learn that the title you used might be not the best choice. However I do love the last sentence of your post, that would make a great title. The title and the first paragraph could use a rewrite on the emotionally charged vocabulary when talking to Fi-users (though INTJs might just brush it off ), by removing such words as 'special little snowflake' and 'the rules do not apply to me' and perhaps stating that it appears as if Fi in INTJs makes them follow their inner guidelines and prefer those over the law and societies norms which then inevitably at times clash and can give the INTJ the appearance of potential arrogance or even selfishness.

Overal I commend you for contributing to the Fi-communicating that is going on and adding a new perspective, namely Fi in the relief function, instead of the nowadays much debated dom and parent function.

/lesson

★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Damn emotions, interfering with my impartial queries
    Hello

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

LOL, "impartial". That's a good one

Consider it constructive feedback as how to address these delicate issues, much like how we're to use definitions and paragraphs and god knows what other stuff to debate your logical analytical shit

Sorry, dude, you're unfortunately the first victim of my Quest to educate all NTs out there on the rules when debating potentially emotionally charged topics. Nothing personal
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Sorry, dude, you're unfortunately the first victim of my Quest to educate all NTs out there on the rules when debating potentially emotionally charged topics. Nothing personal
    If only everyone was as unfeeling as me, then I wouldn't have to worry about causing offence

But of course, ITJs shouldn't be offended because they're powerful, rational creatures with impenetrable steel skin! Come on ITJs, show us what you've got to offer!
    Hello

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

The first rule about tertiary-fi is, you don't talk about tertiary-fi.

Oh, and the second rule about tertiary-fi is, know that I know that you know you saw what I did there.

I think tertiary-fi is the one thing that keeps ITJ's from developping a god complex. It's their humble-maker. It tempers their very focused energy. Like a valve preventing them from going 'boom'.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    If only everyone was as unfeeling as me, then I wouldn't have to worry about causing offence
    Sarcasm like that makes me spontaniously erupt. Mrrrr.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Berens seems to capture it well:

They can enjoy spending time on activities they think are worthwhiledoing volunteer work or studying, teaching, or writing about what's important. Often they feel strongly that something is good or bad. They work to make things come out right. They often feel great loyalty to [ISTJ] their family, community, faith, coworkers, forbears, culture, and profession. [INTJ] a few people or projects and strive to focus on what is important. As they experience the deep value of life's many moments, they start sorting and choosing beliefs to find what fits personally. This often involves [ISTJ] re-examining the worth of what they learned growing up [INTJ] reframing ideals from some broader perspective. From here they continually examine if choices match inner values and intent to better balance deep feelings of loyalty with an intense desire to follow what is important for their own growth or vision. This can seem selfish to others. [ISTJ] This ongoing process can be painful as they try to balance deep feelings of loyalty to people and tradition with what they can honestly live with. Later in life, they can become quite dedicated to shepherding others toward the values they have found are important.

They may follow absolute ideals or a specific belief system. [Their] concern about what is worth doing helps narrow down their wide [ISTJ: sense of responsibilities to specific roles; INTJ: vision to specific skills or projects to focus on]. The result is certainty about the right path. They can be quite dedicated to what they believe is important, supporting a movement or organization and acting as a [ISTJ: steadying hand/INTJ: voice of reason] within that group.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    The first rule about tertiary-fi is, you don't talk about tertiary-fi.
    lol!
    Hello

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post

But of course, ITJs shouldn't be offended because they're powerful, rational creatures with impenetrable steel skin! Come on ITJs, show us what you've got to offer!
    And if all you NTs would use normal English to describe what you're analyzing in a simple straight forward way instead of wanting to sound important, I wouldnt have the urge to ram my head into the wall Unfortunately, neither one of us seems to be getting what they want on this one

Too bad you boys are so interesting for breeding purposes, or I'd kick you off to go find your own planet
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★