• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let's talk about Tertiary-Fi, if's that OK? ^_^

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL, someone acknowledge he's a genius already, for gods sake!

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tertiary Fi is when we do things to make our spirit pure. It makes us refuse to do anything unethical. Acts of honour. It is gives us our formality. It is why we are not goofy and aloof. It is why we don't do anything considered immoral. It gives us our structure. It is why we don't humiliate ourselves. It is why we don't give hugs. Our pride. It is a rationalisation of what is irrational. What makes us 'good'. When someone is injured in war and has a chance to survive but tells his men to leave him and save themselves. He is someone of honour. ...Tertiary Fi.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
It may be one of the reasons I'm not ITJ.

Anyways, put bluntly and probably incorrectly:

Te-aux, combined with the Pi-dom, creates a sense of efficiency. Fi fills in the gap of what is lost from this combination. It gives a focal point for Pi-Te and requires they stick to it. In a world of getting things done, Fi pulls the user back to ensuring that the user's actions are congruent with the user's beliefs. It fills in the gaps that Si or Ni perceive but Te can't fill in.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think tertiary-fi is the one thing that keeps ITJ's from developping a god complex. It's their humble-maker. It tempers their very focused energy. Like a valve preventing them from going 'boom'.

It's their conscience?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
- Tertiary Fi allows me to weigh what is truly important to me - what I should stand up for, and what's not worth it (in an ethical sense).
- Tertiary Fi is why I follow certain motto's which have meaning, and also serves as a source of pride to what is great and unique about me along with what I feel is important.
- Tertiary Fi makes me want to be different from everyone else in a positive way.
- Tertiary Fi serves as motivation to make myself the best that I can be.
- Tertiary Fi is that voice that tells me to stand up for what is 'right', no matter how anyone thinks of me or whom I bother.
- Tertiary Fi is also why I 'feel' for events of great meaning - motivational stories, events of triumphant causes, etc.
- Tertiary Fi allows me to be thankful and grateful for the people in my life that have made me a better person.

I'm very thankful to have tertiary Fi, it's like a soothing function that calms my Te.

However, sometimes I get afraid of my emotions and am not comfortable with them. In addition, I never like emotional environments.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
- Tertiary Fi allows me to weigh what is truly important to me - what I should stand up for, and what's not worth it (in an ethical sense).
- Tertiary Fi is why I follow certain motto's which have meaning, and also serves as a source of pride to what is great and unique about me along with what I feel is important.
- Tertiary Fi makes me want to be different from everyone else in a positive way.
- Tertiary Fi serves as motivation to make myself the best that I can be.
- Tertiary Fi is that voice that tells me to stand up for what is 'right', no matter how anyone thinks of me or whom I bother.
- Tertiary Fi is also why I 'feel' for events of great meaning - motivational stories, events of triumphant causes, etc.
- Tertiary Fi allows me to be thankful and grateful for the people in my life that have made me a better person.

I'm very thankful to have tertiary Fi, it's like a soothing function that calms my Te.

However, sometimes I get afraid of my emotions and am not comfortable with them. In addition, I never like emotional environments.

So emotional environments make you emotional and put you in an uncomfortable place. Is that what drives the fear of a tertiary Fi? The fear of being put in a situation that could turn emotional in ways you dont like? What emotions are you afraid of within yourself?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
So emotional environments make you emotional and put you in an uncomfortable place. Is that what drives the fear of a tertiary Fi?

Emotional environments make me restless and I want to get out of there, lol. Also when I'm expected to have an emotional response, I am uneasy. Not sure if it's tertiary Fi (maybe it is).

The fear of being put in a situation that could turn emotional in ways you dont like? What emotions are you afraid of within yourself?

Yes. I would say sorrow, anger, anything but positive emotions basically, haha.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I'll respond to Vagrants request for more IxTJ input, though there was so much woffle at the start I almost didn't bother.

Ni gives us ideas about how the future could be. Te tells how those futures can be brought about or avoided. Fi tells us which futures we want to bring about.

There is no particular "snowflake" effect to worry about. Rules should be broken when they are no longer useful - and that applies to everyone, not just me. I just wish more people saw things that way. Rules that are still useful have strength that should not be ignored to quickly.