First 345

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    A law differs from a scientific theory in that it does not posit a mechanism or explanation of phenomena: it is merely a distillation of the results of repeated observation. As such, a law is limited in applicability to circumstances resembling those already observed, and is often found to be false when extrapolated. Ohm's law only applies to constant currents, Newton's law of universal gravitation only applies in weak gravitational fields, the early laws of aerodynamics such as Bernoulli's principle do not apply in case of compressible flow such as occurs in transonic and supersonic flight, Hooke's law only applies to strain below the elastic limit, etc.
    Ok, I was wrong about the definition of a law. The point stands that theories still require some degree of empirical evidence, though.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    No, you're the one who shows up screaming hysterically about what a vicious conspiracy has overtaken all the members because you assume they all take Genesis literally.
    Sim thinks I am an hysterical screamer and Peguy thinks I am a prophet. OneWithSoul tells me I am selfish and some say they can't understand me and the rest simpy can't stand me.

Luckily I am pronoid, that is, I am irrationally happy - I am happy without reason in a similar way paranoids are unreasonable fearful and unhappy.

And while you always remember that paranoia is psychological preparation to attack, pronoia is psychological preparation for company, happines and joy.

I often wonder if paranoia is unreasonable fear of company, love and joy and whether MBTI is a paranoid cult. So I wonder, would you prefer to belong to a paranoid cult, or would you prefer pronoia and keep company with Marmalade and me?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Sim thinks I am an hysterical screamer

I often wonder...whether MBTI is a paranoid cult.
    I rest my case.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Victor - you have great ideas and valuable points, but you're often talking about how we are shutting out human intimacy by using MBTI. Is that really the case? I mean, one could argue that you're shutting all of us out by judging us for having an interest in MBTI. That's your wall, sir.

Sniffles

Peguy thinks I am a prophet.
    Yes Victor, after all you're mankind's only hope against those evil bears from KoalaWalla Land:
    [youtube="3OBGh-N8a04"]Evil koalas[/youtube]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

my god those are some scary bears

I hope victor can lead us to salvation

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Victor - you have great ideas and valuable points, but you're often talking about how we are shutting out human intimacy by using MBTI. Is that really the case? I mean, one could argue that you're shutting all of us out by judging us for having an interest in MBTI. That's your wall, sir.
    I like to keep myself happy and criticizing MBTI seems to keep me happy.

Naturally those who have an irrational belief in MBTI take my criticism of MBTI to heart and they respond in kind.

Fortunately I am resiliant but I think the response shows I am touching on beliefs, a sense of identity and a sense of belonging. So naturally I would expect an emotional response. And that is what I get.

But rather than saying, "When you write this Victor, I feel that", they blame me.

I am told people get married to have someone to blame, so perhaps unbeknownst to us, we are in some sense married to each other.

And perhaps we are, for how painful it is to get a divorce from Typology Central. But you can't get a divorce until you are married.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I like to keep myself happy and criticizing MBTI seems to keep me happy.

Naturally those who have an irrational belief in MBTI take my criticism of MBTI to heart and they respond in kind.
    Naturally those who can't read (or choose not to comprehend what they are reading) continue to believe they can define the belief systems of others for them.

Naturally nobody takes this very seriously.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post992903

I think you have to find fault, learn to hate, dislike things like mbti, before it can be "just a useful tool" it does have alot more to offer then zodiac signs. the above link is a different post i was viewing.

got some funny posts in here

MBTI
    INTJ

How can MBTI be a religion when it does not even remotely delve into what happens after death, what the meaning of life is, and so on?
    j'adore les chats