User Tag List

12 Last

Default Describe how you experience your type's functions!! IT'S FUN, HONEST

Fun little exercise. Can be as long or as short as you want.

Introverted Thinking: Reasoning in terms of situational logic. Using Ti, I'm able to analyse every situation in front of me in terms of its individual variables and, as a result, assess the logical coherency of what I'm perceiving. This involves a constant process of categorising and sub-categorising everything, shifting those categories about, until a wonderful logical whole emerges. It's like shifting the pieces of a jigsaw around until you finally see the whole picture.

Extraverted Intuition: Gaining a witty, spontaneous insight - it's kind of like looking through the cracks of a rock surface and finding a wonderful malteser inside, waiting to be devoured. Most of the time it reveals itself via silly wordplay, sometimes it reveals itself in terms of finding new opportunities for something. I might notice something that someone said, assess the logic of the statement, and find an opportunity that allows me to say something witty, and I just can't keep it in and I have to bloody say it or I'll explode. Or I'll swallow it and after a few seconds the moment will pass, and I'll just look like a fool if I say it now after waiting too long.

Introverted Sensation: Internalizing sensations to create a sense of stability. Sensations around me trigger an association with the past, and that could either be a good sensation or a bad sensation. If I'm particuarly stressed out or too tired I can become irritable about new experiences, not wanting to risk damaging or losing the sensations I have stored up (that's the best way I can put it).

Extraverted Feeling: Creating connections and fostering emotional ties with others. I've found that I can get away with minimal social contact with others with my sanity intact. I sometimes avoid social events by saying that "I find time around others to be too distracting or shallow/fickle", but when I do end up being dragged to something I often have an alright time. I know that if I'm left to my own devices for too long I'll cut off all connections with others, and I'll start to turn into "that strange loner" who just plain refuses to leave his Home Sweet Home and humble himself in front of others. That's when things go baaaaad.
    Hello

Bump, you lazy bastards.
    Hello

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Introverted Thinking: The reason why teachers look at me baffled after i answer a question in class like i have a tarantula resting on my head(ti is probably why I wouldn't notice if their was a tarantula resting on my head) "thaaaat's interesting but not quite im looking for."

Extraverted Intuition:The reason why a few people find me interesting, and also the reason why i woke up this morning with the thought snails have more freedom than humans discuss(to myself), Ti was in overdrive over this for the rest of the day.

Introverted Sensing:Hardest for me to describe so basically what vagrantfarce said lol

Extraverted Feeling:lol Poor development of this is the reason why I am 'the strange loner', the reason why I secretly care deeply about everyone I know, also why I had a childish outburst today when someone didn't agree with my argument that maths should be considered as one of the main religions.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Geez, all INTPs here. :rolli: I'll give it a go.

Introverted Feeling
    : Taking everything on a personal, subjective level. I'm touched easily, and yet, I keep my feelings safe and sacred. Who I have been, and what I want to be, I know with astonishing clarity. But there's difficulty in putting yourself aside to understand everything another person is feeling.

Extraverted Intuition: The inability to decide because there's too many possibilities in this world. Thinking outside the box. Sometimes straying too far from the box.

Introverted Sensing: What grounds Ne. The connection to the past that makes me seek stability now, and makes me factor in my past mistakes and successes to decide today. A nostalgic function. A comfortable function.

Extraverted Thinking:
    A last-ditch attempt at thinking clearly to avoid befuddling emotions. A desperate desire to be competent and objective, only perfectly utilized when most needed. My secret weapon.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

In the most nebulous form possible :P

Introverted Feeling - The gut feel. The thing that decides what is important and what is not. What tells me to dig in my heels and steadfastly refuse to budge regardless of the overwhelming opposition or force.

Extraverted iNtuition - The gift/curse that sees everything in shades of gray. Coupled with Fi, swings me from brooding pessimist to bouncy optimist.

Introverted Sensing - My internal hard disk. Stores all sorts of trivial and non-trivial stuff. The thing that allows me to notice how someone moved my coffee mug from its usual spot while the rest of my desk remains a mess. Together with Fi, allows me to recreate situations I have been in before and to 'refeel' the joy,triumph,sorrow,despair,etc of that moment in my head.

Extraverted Thinking - When my Si hard-disk is full of stuff coming from FiNe, this is what is used to put things down in an attempt to make some 'logical' sense of all the things bouncing in my head.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    xxxx

Introverted Something; Maybe Te: (Not confident enough to pick a type, so let's leave it at that)
    Observes the world and tries to figure it out. Always searching for the true essence of anything without desiring to use too many words to describe it. Images are the preferred form of communication. Everything has a distinct form and the words used to describe it are largely arbitrary. Remembers everything important about the essence of things, but not the consequences of that essence, leaving those understood or to be re-found if they ever need be retrieved. Doesn't consider any answer impossible, but is fully aware of when conflicting answers exist, although just about any two things can be synthesized together. There's so many potentially wrong answers out there that the truth could very well be found in the oddest of places.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Observes the world and tries to figure it out. Always searching for the true essence of anything without desiring to use too many words to describe it. Images are the preferred form of communication. Everything has a distinct form and the words used to describe it are largely arbitrary. Remembers everything important about the essence of things, but not the consequences of that essence, leaving those understood or to be re-found if they ever need be retrieved. Doesn't consider any answer impossible, but is fully aware of when conflicting answers exist, although just about any two things can be synthesized together. There's so many potentially wrong answers out there that the truth could very well be found in the oddest of places.
    Come on man, this is textbook Ti.
    Hello

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Come on man, this is textbook Ti.
    And the other half of my post?
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    And the other half of my post?
    It could be anything, it's too vague. But seriously, "figure out the world in and describe it concisely" is Ti Ti Ti Ti Ti Ti Ti Ti Ti Ti Ti
    Hello

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    It could be anything, it's too vague. But seriously, "figure out the world in and describe it concisely" is Ti Ti Ti Ti Ti Ti Ti Ti Ti Ti Ti
    Fa So La Do.

I still don't have a need to categorize the world and subcategorize it. Reductionism has its limits, although I'm more than capable of using it and rely on it for explanations.