User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Economica, I don't think what Rhu said was that bad. While the second paragraph was kind of rubbing it in, I think what he said was constructive. And his second response was even giving tips on how to make the site better. The others' responses, however, were not helpful. But those are the kind of responses I'd expect from INTPc members. At least they always come through...

MBTI
    INTJ

Example: "The site is poorly designed."

How does that enable me to make a better design? All it does is alert me to the fact that someone thinks the site is poorly designed, leaving me to ponder how to improve it. Which I was already doing. Which is why I asked for feedback.

Isn't Ti supposed to avoid redundancy?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Example: "The site is poorly designed."

How does that enable me to make a better design? All it does is alert me to the fact that someone thinks the site is poorly designed, leaving me to ponder how to improve it. Which I was already doing. Which is why I asked for feedback.
    You might have thought it was well designed. Now your future strategies can take into accout that it's not. Surely you have to know your weaknesses if you want to play to your strengths...
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    You might have thought it was well designed.
    You don't think it goes without saying that asking for feedback on the execution of the [site] idea includes its design?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    You don't think it goes without saying that asking for feedback on the execution of the [site] idea includes its design?
    One thing is the tone another is the input. I looked at the thread, and yeah the tone is kind of rude, what do you expect on INTPc it's a site known for its misanthropy, and I have no wish to defend it. However, his points in themselves didn't look unconstructive to me, he was fairly specific. Telling it was badly designed simply emphasizes the extent of the problem as he sees it. Surely that is helpful? You need to get qualitative as well as quantitative feedback, surely...?

BTW why do you think Lenin was an introvert? Just curious.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    However, his points in themselves didn't look unconstructive to me, he was fairly specific.
    Which points do you think were constructive, exactly?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

This bit, for example:
    The site in its present state can't stand on its own. It assumes that a visitor either knows about MBTI and is inclined to agree with the type assessments [which they shouldn't], or that they don't know anything about typology and will be inspired to start themselves on a course of self-directed research without having a place to begin.

Start over. Consider this.

MBTI
    INTJ

That is a quote from his second post. Were there any parts of his first post, before I called him out on being unconstructive, that you consider to be constructive?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Each page presents a great deal of information with absolutely no depth, explanation, challenge to thought, or opening for discussion. It lacks any "hook" to make a user have any interest in coming back.

It's like an old geocities page,

MBTI
    INTJ

Someone is going to have to explain to me how that was constructive.