User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

A belated big thanks to those of you who have provided constructive feedback! It is very encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Miserable View Post
    Has it ever been thought that you would add multiple celebrities for each type?
    Yes, we definitely intend to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by curiousel View Post
    -there are many kind of celebrities, not just movie stars.
    I don't know if you noticed, but Blackwater maintains a philosophers/intellectuals subsection of the site. We'll probably add a subsection for politicians as well. Personally I concentrate on actors for the reasons stated in the OP but we're open to suggestions for other subsections.

-there should be many (ever growing) list of pictures for each type.
    This site should be the reference point to search for the Personality Type of celebrities and public figures.
    Happy to hear that others recognize the site's potential.

-a debate/editing system like Wikipedia needs to be incorporated. Ive heard that Jack Nicholson is ENTP and in the site appears as something else...
    We'll consider the debate section. As Blackwater has hinted, we're not going to be democratic about the typings, but I suppose a debate section might bring information/arguments to our attention that the email address won't.

-the site should be properly designed, and be completed.
    Agreed. We're lacking in the critical resources of time and technical know-how, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    So this is what you've been up to. Now that you have it up and running and don't require help in typing example celebrities does that mean you'll leave us for good?
    Um...

How about I go and make a lot of money and then I come back with the free time to type more celebrities and post more in general?

The philosopher page needs a good proof-read though -- there are numerous spelling and grammar errors.
    Way to propel an inert INTJ to action, JJJ! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chegra View Post
    I think you should choose celebrities that people in that group can identify with.
    In my opinion there are more than enough sites out there reinforcing this kind of identification based on the professional overrepresentation of types. ENTJs might be more likely to be CEOs than other types, and ISFPs might be more likely to be hairdressers, but how is my (30-year-old) waitressing ENTJ friend or my ISFP first-rate economist friend supposed to recognize themselves (and how are others supposed to recognize them) in descriptions essentially equating type with profession?

My aim is to level the playing field by holding profession constant and showing how type manifests itself within that profession. My hope is that people will go, "Okay, so if I were to be an actor, I guess I can see how I'd be more like [celebrity X] than the rest."

Also you might want to try using a content management framework like drupal.
    Thanks for the tip!

By the way, we filled all 32 slots now.

Hello

MBTI
    INTJ

VagrantFarce (and others who wish we'd change a typing), Blackwater and I are friendly and reasonable people. (Which is to say, I'm friendly and he's reasonable. ) State your case calmly (in the relevant threads) and we'll hear you out!

(I'll click on your links when I have time.)

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't know if I would call it "mean" either, at this point.
    It's just a different way of thinking from the culture here.

There are some things that happen there that might come across as mean or cold but really are being dealt out without personal malice. Even some of the stuff that might sound malicious to some people is more just a response to the post rather than the person.

By Fe standards, though, I can see why some people see it as mean, unwelcoming, or just crass/rude.
    Sweet, I must have Fe in me then after all!

Or maybe you or someone else can explain to me how the criticism I'm getting in this thread is not mean, unwelcoming or just crass/rude?

(For the record, I'm not actually taking any offense, just perceiving that it's being given and therefore disagreeing with your take above.)

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Sweet, I must have Fe in me then after all!

Or maybe you or someone else can explain to me how the criticism I'm getting in this thread is not mean, unwelcoming or just crass/rude?

(For the record, I'm not actually taking any offense, just perceiving that it's being given and therefore disagreeing with your take above.)
    To be perfectly honest I thought Rhu's comments were pretty accurate.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    To be perfectly honest I thought Rhu's comments were pretty accurate.
    Do you agree with notjeffgoldblum that they were also constructive?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Maybe start by explaining why they are mean, unwelcoming, crass or rude?

The only adjective I can see there is blunt. There's a lot of non-constructive criticism there, though Rhu's is constructive because he mentions why he thinks it's bad.

You are responding in a typical INTPc fashion though. Well played.

I've only seen INTPc members be mean in the odd introduction thread. Oh and the "you are in a forest" thread is a thousand posts worth of mean.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    Maybe start by explaining why they are mean, unwelcoming, crass or rude?
    Fe 101: "If you can't say anything nice/constructive, don't say anything at all." It's like telling someone they are ugly.

The only adjective I can see there is blunt. There's a lot of non-constructive criticism, though Rhu's is constructive because he mentions why he thinks it's bad.
    Rhu elaborates on how it's bad. Not quite the same thing as suggesting how it could be improved.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Do you agree with notjeffgoldblum that they were also constructive?
    Since when are accurate comments not constructive if you're looking for feedback?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Fe 101: "If you can't say anything nice/constructive, don't say anything at all." It's like telling someone they are ugly.
    But what if they are ugly?

Rhu elaborates on how it's bad. Not quite the same thing as suggesting how it could be improved.
    Don't do the bad things? Maybe even do the opposite?

Saying why it's good and saying why it's bad are two sides of the same coin. Or something like that.