First 2345 Last

Thread: MBTI = joke?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think it's funny how people say that MBTI has no evidence of existing, and yet here we all are. We are all obviously different; and one of the 16 personality types generally fits everyone. The evidence is in the people... the people of the world. That's the evidence. How else do you study social science? One could just simply write off all social science on the same grounds of MBTI. It's observed through a different lens that MBTI is observed in, but you use the same eyes to identify social science principals and MBTI principals (with a different lens for MBTI).
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I think it's funny how people say that MBTI has no evidence of existing, and yet here we all are. We are all obviously different; and one of the 16 personality types generally fits everyone. The evidence is in the people... the people of the world. That's the evidence. How else do you study social science? One could just simply write off all social science on the same grounds of MBTI. It's observed through a different lens that MBTI is observed in, but you use the same eyes to identify social science principals and MBTI principals (with a different lens for MBTI).
    Ofcourse everyone fits one personality type. It's been made to fit all people.

I bet if you do some more research, you can split each of the types into 2 more types and create 32 types.

In fact, if you want you can simply simplify it and think of two types in which everyone fits. Introvert and Extravert. Gasp, only two types and everyone fits in there!

That's how it works. It's all thought up and it's made to work.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Ofcourse everyone fits one personality type. It's been made to fit all people.

I bet if you do some more research, you can split each of the types into 2 more types and create 32 types.

In fact, if you want you can simply simplify it and think of two types in which everyone fits. Introvert and Extravert. Gasp, only two types and everyone fits in there!

That's how it works. It's all thought up and it's made to work.
    Exactly. It's great. Getting more specific would be cool. In socionics there are 32 personality types; 16 main ones, and two subtypes for each.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Exactly. It's great. Getting more specific would be cool. In socionics there are 32 personality types; 16 main ones, and two subtypes for each.
    Yeah, but what I mean with existing or not existing is that MBTI is made to exist. It was not inherently present. Without going too philosophical about existance (because then we'd be busy for years to come), more simply put is that it means it isn't science or physical. It's all man made. It exists because we created it.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

I think a lot of people have been doing this informally by combining MBTI and enneagram results. The combo describes me better than my MBTI type alone.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, but what I mean with existing or not existing is that MBTI is made to exist. It was not inherently present. Without going too philosophical about existance (because then we'd be busy for years to come), more simply put is that it means it isn't science or physical. It's all man made. It exists because we created it.
    Yes I understand you. These sorts of theories are the best kind, fit to reality and work within reality.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

There's something about society that if it can't be scientifically measured, that it there must be no validity.

I like MBTI. It is valid in my eyes since there are correlations. Many ISFJs I know share the same Si/Fe described sort of behaviour. It captures part of my personality.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Yeah, it actually is. It's a practical joke gone too far.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

"MBTI IS SUCH A JOKE. FUCK." - Ghandi and Freddie Foxx
    Sorry I had to laugh at that.

Thumbs down Child Abuse

Quote Originally Posted by A-I View Post
    Facts to back up my conclusion, mostly from wikipidea which as we all know, is the truth.

^ I was believing this whole charade / guessing-game, until I saw the words 'develop' followed by a female name. And to top it off, some included offspring of the same gender. Doesn't make any sense.

^ More contradictions. One must not understand the world is round to know the world is round.

^ Another quote that describes this "system" very well.

^ Forced-choice? Who else does that shit. Scientologists, really bad shrinks like Briggs, Elton John and maybe even war-criminals.

^ Moderately successful, indeed.

^ I don't think the same applies for DISC. At least DISC doesn't try to be something else than what it is.

Discuss
    Of course you are completely right. And it helps to know the history. For Mrs Myers and her daughter, Mrs Briggs, two village astrologers, plagiarised MBTI from Carl Jung's book, "Personality Types".

And worse, Carl Jung's book, "Personality Types", was based on no empirical evidence whatsoever.

However Mrs Myers and her daughter, Mrs Briggs struck it rich and struck it big when the military machine of the USA adopted MBTI during WW II to induct women into the war machine.

And USA business seeing how successful MBTI was in controlling recruits adopted it to control employees.

So since WW II we have had the two most powerful groups in the USA adopting and promoting MBTI.

But we remember that in his last speech before leaving office, President Eisenhower, perhaps one of the USA's most successful Presidents, warned us of the dangerous power of, in his words, "the Military Industrial Complex". The very Complex that uses and promotes MBTI throughout the world.

The Military Industrial Complex of the USA is probably the single most powerful group in the world and has turned MBTI into a popular global cult.

And this site contributes to the cult by recruiting school children.

Some are surprisingly young - wannabe 15 year olds who are probably 11, 12 or 13.

So we have overwhelming power preying on school children.

This is called child abuse.