• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are the most sought after personality types? and the ones you detest...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm... i might rather be
enfj
infj
entj

can't really imagine being
intj
isfj
istj

B

beyondaurora

I'm really not trying to go against the grain (consciously at least).

But...

I tried to select the types I'd most and least desire to be, and quite honestly, I can't make selections because I see the potential positives and negatives of each type, and to me, these positives and negatives balance their individual appeal.

In other words...I think they're all equally desirable and undesirable in some way or another.

G

Ginkgo

I'm really not trying to go against the grain (consciously at least).

But...

I tried to select the types I'd most and least desire to be, and quite honestly, I can't make selections because I see the potential positives and negatives of each type, and to me, these positives and negatives balance their individual appeal.

In other words...I think they're all equally desirable and undesirable in some way or another.

This. They're all part of the natural sum of order. To remove one would be to remove an appendage from the body of humanity. Within this current state of balance between negative/positive, all is well.

I secretly despise them all.

Delta223

MBTI Type
INTJ
For me it was much easier to choose the types I don't want to be, I don't know if that's a characteristic of my type?

Impulsiveness is extremely undesirable to me so SP's in general are incredibly undesirable

1. ISTP
2. ISFP
3. ESTP

The characteristics I prize most are 1) intuitive, action oriented personalities and 2) idealistic free thinkers

1. ENTJ
2. ENFJ
3. ENFP

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I would like to be...

1. ENTP - because those I know are uber-cool, original, innovative, creative, smart and good natured.
2. ENFJ - because I'd like to be a femme fatale :blush:
3. ISFP - because they're cool, sweet, stylish, pretty, gentle, like to have fun and everyone seems to like them.

(I would also like to be a very intelligent INFJ with a talent for writing, because my INFP brain can't imagine how a human being could came up with such amazing works like Dostoyevski's, Faulkner's, Angela Carter's etc. etc. etc...)

I wouldn't like to be...

1. ESFJ - because I wouldn't like to worry about things they worry about.
2. ESTP - because I don't find their lifestyle too compelling.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Want to be:
1. ENFP
2. ENFJ
3. INFJ

Don't want to be:
1. ESTJ
2. ISTJ
3. ESTP

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
If you could choose your personality type, which one would you choose? Why?

note: you can´t choose the one that you already have.

That's ridiculous. If I can pick my type, there's no reason I should be limited against my own.

Anyway, here is what I would favor in myself:

1. ESTJ. Yes, it's the one I already have, and yes, it's the most hated type on here, and yes, it's among the most hated types of the people around me. SUCK ON IT But if I stay positive, I should eventually find someone I click well with.

2. ESTP. I'm nowhere near being a P, but I don't know what it's like to actually be one. My old closest friends all seemed to be this type or close to it and I think I would've gotten along a lot better with them had I been less anal about everything. Maybe I'd enjoy life more and live it out like every day is a new day, like they always say. I've just always had a very strong preference for J and I couldn't imagine what would would happen if I lost it- loss of sense of responsibility and timeliness and such.

3. Uhh... hm... ESFP? I dunno. Same reasons as ESTP, and they seem to get along with people and be very charming, but I think Fs are less emotionally stable or whatever. Bleh...

As for what I wouldn't want to be... I just wouldn't want to be an introvert. Or would I? I don't even know. Some of you guys seem content with who you are, but I certainly wasn't when I spent a lot of time isolated from people in the past. Even for the past few weeks I've been unable to interact with people- well, anyone worthwhile, anyway, so it's almost been like social atrophy for me.

Wow, I'm getting really personal with this. Why did I have to wake up so damn early...:sleeping:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's ridiculous. If I can pick my type, there's no reason I should be limited against my own.

Anyway, here is what I would favor in myself:

1. ESTJ. Yes, it's the one I already have, and yes, it's the most hated type on here, and yes, it's among the most hated types of the people around me. SUCK ON IT But if I stay positive, I should eventually find someone I click well with.

2. ESTP. I'm nowhere near being a P, but I don't know what it's like to actually be one. My old closest friends all seemed to be this type or close to it and I think I would've gotten along a lot better with them had I been less anal about everything. Maybe I'd enjoy life more and live it out like every day is a new day, like they always say. I've just always had a very strong preference for J and I couldn't imagine what would would happen if I lost it- loss of sense of responsibility and timeliness and such.

3. Uhh... hm... ESFP? I dunno. Same reasons as ESTP, and they seem to get along with people and be very charming, but I think Fs are less emotionally stable or whatever. Bleh...

As for what I wouldn't want to be... I just wouldn't want to be an introvert. Or would I? I don't even know. Some of you guys seem content with who you are, but I certainly wasn't when I spent a lot of time isolated from people in the past. Even for the past few weeks I've been unable to interact with people- well, anyone worthwhile, anyway, so it's almost been like social atrophy for me.

Wow, I'm getting really personal with this. Why did I have to wake up so damn early...:sleeping:
hahaha!!!! :smile:

oh and also...feelers aren't less stable...not at all.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
sounds cliche but I'd rather just be a more healthy and developed infp.

wouldn't mind taking some drastically different types for a spin (ESTJ, ESTP, ISTP, etc), if that is even possible. I can't imagine myself being much else, though.

Should be noted I don't detest any type, either. All help round out the diversity of the population. blah blah

dnivera

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Desired:
1. ENFP
2. ENTP
3. INTP

Undesired:
1. ESFP (ugh, Se really irritates me)
2. ESFJ
3. ISFP

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'd most like to be
ENTJ
ESTP
ENFJ
(if I'm not allowed to list my own type, take ENTJ away and switch it with ENTP.)

I'd least like to be
ISFJ
ESFJ
ISTP

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I actually wish each personality type was an outfit in my wardrobe which I could put on and take off whenever I wanted.

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
1. Pick the three that you like the most. 1 being the most.

- INTP
- ENTJ
- ISTJ

2. Pick also three types that you would not like to be under any circumstances. 1 being the worst.

- ESFP
- ENFJ
- ESTP

Callistemon

MBTI Type
iNFP
Would like to be:

ENFP
ENTP
ISFP/J

Would least like to be:

ESTJ
ESTP
ISTP

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
-Whatever NFP I'm not
-ENFJ
-ISTP

-ENTP
-ESFJ
-INFJ

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
This is all not including my own type ENTP.

Desirable:
1. INTJ
2. ENFP
3. IxTP

Undesirable:

1. ESFJ
2. ISFJ
3. ESTJ

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I like my own type, I don't know if I'd ever wan to change it.

Would like to be:
ISTP: They seem to have all the qualities I don't have, accept for all the Jstuff, but I wouldn't like to have the Jqualities. Being P is too awesome.
ENTP: Just like me, but less emotional. Perfect, right?
ESTP: It seems like ESTPs have more fun than I do and they're lives seem so much more exciting. I WANT THAT!!!

Would never like to be:
ISFJ: My mother is ISF, leaning towards J. She's a pretty unhappy person, and I don't want to be unhappy. And Si freaks me out. Had many fights with ISFJs.
ESFJ: Fe isn't really my thing and when you combine it with something creepy like Si it becomes a big drama to me. Had fights with ESFJs.
INFP: Some of my enemies were INFP (2 of all 6). I already don't really like my Fi, so if it becomes dominant, I would be só not happy.