• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are the most sought after personality types? and the ones you detest...

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Wouldn't mind trying:
ENTP - less emotional than me, more go with the flow
ISTP - I wanna be a rebel
ENFP - I wanna be a rock star

No thank you to:
ESFJ - love you guys, but life is hard when everything is a threat to your sensibilities
ISFJ - There seems to be a lot of anxiety associated with this type
INFJ - to much contridiction in the personality - I would confuse myself

I'm not saying I don't like the above types, I just think it would be hard to live in your heads :)

Last edited:

lamp

After an extended period of deep and heavy contemplation I have updated my response.

WANT:
ESTP
ISTP
ISFP
honorable mention:
ENTP
maybe:
ISTJ
INFJ

UNWANT:
ISFJ
ESTJ
ESFP

UNSURE:
NTJs . . . Te can seem/be so clumsy

original response:
lamp said:
WANT
ESTP
ISFP
ISTP
(INFJ)

UNWANT
ISFJ
ESTJ
INTJ

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Want to be:
1. ENTJ - I'd like to see what it's like having the ego the size of a blimp with no one around to deflate it. And be really greedy and successful.
2. ESTJ - See above.
3. INTP - Since I can't pick my own type, they're the next closest thing. I like my type.

Don't particularly see myself being:
1. INTJ - I really respect and look up to INTJs, but regardless of this, most of the ones I know struggle with balance (or at least the kind that I value). So I rather just be surrounded by them as opposed to actually being one.
2. ENFP - Again, I actually really like this type. Doesn't mean I want to be one. I rather just watch and admire :tongue:
3. INFP - See above.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd love to be
1. ESTP
2. ISTJ
3. ISTP
Because being an STP would be such an adventure, and I'd feel like a badass all the time :cool: And being an ISTJ would be like being a detective or police officer or something.

I'd really dislike being
1. ENFJ
2. INFJ
3. INFP
Because it seems like it would be such a rollercoaster ride of an existence. Crying all the time, having all the emotional highs and lows, getting very very emotionally invested in other people and then possibly having them betray you, etc. I love you guys - I'm really close with my INFJ mom - but I just can't imagine living like that myself. I dunno if I could take it!

I don't "detest" any types.

BÃ¥rris

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
want to be:
1. INTJ
2. ENTP
3. ENTJ

don't wanna.
1. ESFJ
2. ESTJ
3. ISFJ

Reasons: I want to be an NT because we are generally very smart. INTJ is also most independent together with INTP (which I already am) ENTPs are open minded, and ENTJs have very good leadership ablities

SJs on the other hand are boring and strict. WAY too judgemental. ESJs just follow the crowd and bully everyone who doesn't. ISTJs are the best of them (still not too good, but at least they can make rational decisions)

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
want
1. ESFP
2. ESTP
3. ENFP
Ahh... having Se or Ne as my primary function seems like it would make the world so much more a fun place. :laugh: Just doing and not thinking... or having Ne and just being all over the place. Life's a party! :D

Do not want!
1. ESFJ
2. ENFJ
3. ISFJ
Basically anything with Fe. I really dislike Fe. (Not from other people, just for myself.)

Reasons: I want to be an NT because we are generally very smart. INTJ is also most independent together with INTP (which I already am) ENTPs are open minded, and ENTJs have very good leadership ablities

SJs on the other hand are boring and strict. WAY too judgemental. ESJs just follow the crowd and bully everyone who doesn't. ISTJs are the best of them (still not too good, but at least they can make rational decisions)
I'm sorry, but these are very poor reasons.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i would most like to be psychologically healthy, and make the most out of whatever type i am.

take that, haters :tongue:

i am totally serious, though.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Want:
ISTP
INTP
INFP

Don't want:
ESFJ
ESTJ
ENFJ

I have some Fe types there, I can't imagine being an Fe dom.

Last edited:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most want:

1. ENTJ: They are far more self-assured and decisive than I am. They get shit done. Also creative and ingenious pepole.

2. ENTP: If I was just less inhibited this is what I'd be. I love their ingenuity and sense of humor. They are interesting people.

3. ENFP: They have an enthusiasm and zest for life that I love. They have a special perspective on people problems that I lack.

Don't want

1. INFP: It seems like these types are most likely to be cast as misfits, people who have trouble making it in the world. It seems like they suffer from sadness and depression more than others.

2. ISFJ: The profiles for ISFJs seem awfully boring, as if all they do is serve others and don't take time for themselves. That's no way to live your life. I'm not against serving others, just don't want to be constantly doing it at the expense of my own needs. Also the ISFJ profiles make them sound like doormats who don't stand up to themselves. On the other hand, the socionics, ISFj profile sounds kind of cool, and those sound like people who don't take crap from others.

3. ESTJ: The ESTJ profiles make them sound boring and uncreative and too by the book.

I don't mean to offend people who are the above 3 types.

Are there correlations between your own MBTI type and what types you find desirable or undesirable?

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
I wish I was ESFP because life is too hard as an ENFP. I guess I'm more of an INFP because I'm a misfit and for some reason have a hard time making it in life. that's me, exactly. Seems like doing without having to think would be much easier. The negative dwelling and causes for depression wouldn't be so bad.

lucibelle

MBTI Type
I__P
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
1)
INTP
INTJ
ENTP

2)
ESFJ
ESTJ
ISTJ
(I don't mean there's anything wrong with such people, just that I don't want to be such a person myself)

Nicodemus

The happiest person I know is an ESTP. The most boring people I know are ESTJs.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'd much rather be an S. Oh, I already said that. Well, it needs saying again. Can someone change me into an S?

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
The more I learn about the functions, the more amusing it is to me, to see "types" put on padastals and types being not liked by individuals. As much as I understand it is a general statement of an opinion. Yes, I bloody well get that. It's your opinion, which you're entitled to. Yes, yes.

However, taking a look at functional hierarchies objectively (rather then; I don't like a certain type because they are oppose the way I see the world, or I like a certain type i've never even met before, because Ti is soo kewl) is very liberating. It's actually changed my views of people; i'm less judgmental, I see no need at all to generalise or have an opinion at all really. And I no longer concieve people who see the world differently to me, as being against me. No, they are just being who they really are.

A persons characteristics are what I have no hesitation to make judgments about :D

For at the end of the day, an assholes', an asshole ;)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. Pick the three that you like the most. 1 being the most.
That I like most:

-ENTP
-ESTP
-ISFP

That I wanna be like most:

-ENTJ
-ESTP
-ENTP

2. Pick also three types that you would not like to be under any circumstances. 1 being the worst.
-ISFJ
-ESFJ
-ISTJ

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Would most like to be:

INFJ: Introvert, Fe, Planner, insightful, warm, sage-like.
ISFJ: They are very helpful, loyal and kind (though I like N)
ENTP: Inventive, funny, though a bit too upfront at times.

Wouldn't suit me:

ESFJ: Warm, loving but really outwardly changeable, fiery temper.
ESTJ: Wouldn't wanna change EVERY letter.
ENFJ: Great, but I wouldn't like their lifestyle.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Want to be:
ESTP - They usually seem to be the happiest people on earth.
ENTJ - They just have something.
ENTP - They're just fun.

Wouldn't like being:
ISFJ - They just do whatever everyone expects of them... Wouldn't like to be that.
INFP - They can be so emotional.
ESTJ - There are just already so many of them.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Desired:
1. ESTJ
2. INTJ
3. ESTP

Less desired:
1. INFP
2. ESFJ
3. INTP

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I had to be a non-ESTP, I'd wish to be:
(1) ENTP
(2) ENTJ
(3) ESTJ

Why? Because I like myself the way I am, and these MBTI types are all rather near "orbit" of my cognitive function preferences. I'm 60/40 S/N, and 52/48 P/J, so I'm near being ExTx anyway, but I identify most strongly with ESTP characteristics, except all that used car sales man/con man bullshit. :happy:

Types I wouldn't want to be:
(1) MEAN
(2) SNOB
(3) HICK

Why? Because being a mean, ignorant snob is a pathetic way to choose to live, and I rock, so why the hell would I want to be that way? :newwink: