hmm... i might rather be
    enfj
    infj
    entj

can't really imagine being
    intj
    isfj
    istj
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

beyondaurora

I'm really not trying to go against the grain (consciously at least).

But...

I tried to select the types I'd most and least desire to be, and quite honestly, I can't make selections because I see the potential positives and negatives of each type, and to me, these positives and negatives balance their individual appeal.

In other words...I think they're all equally desirable and undesirable in some way or another.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    I'm really not trying to go against the grain (consciously at least).

But...

I tried to select the types I'd most and least desire to be, and quite honestly, I can't make selections because I see the potential positives and negatives of each type, and to me, these positives and negatives balance their individual appeal.

In other words...I think they're all equally desirable and undesirable in some way or another.
    This. They're all part of the natural sum of order. To remove one would be to remove an appendage from the body of humanity. Within this current state of balance between negative/positive, all is well.

I secretly despise them all.

MBTI
    INTJ

For me it was much easier to choose the types I don't want to be, I don't know if that's a characteristic of my type?

Impulsiveness is extremely undesirable to me so SP's in general are incredibly undesirable

1. ISTP
    2. ISFP
    3. ESTP

The characteristics I prize most are 1) intuitive, action oriented personalities and 2) idealistic free thinkers

1. ENTJ
    2. ENFJ
    3. ENFP

MBTI
    ENTP

entj
    intp
    intj

istj
    isfj
    esfp
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    CAT

I would like to be...

1. ENTP - because those I know are uber-cool, original, innovative, creative, smart and good natured.
    2. ENFJ - because I'd like to be a femme fatale
    3. ISFP - because they're cool, sweet, stylish, pretty, gentle, like to have fun and everyone seems to like them.

(I would also like to be a very intelligent INFJ with a talent for writing, because my INFP brain can't imagine how a human being could came up with such amazing works like Dostoyevski's, Faulkner's, Angela Carter's etc. etc. etc...)

I wouldn't like to be...

1. ESFJ - because I wouldn't like to worry about things they worry about.
    2. ESTP - because I don't find their lifestyle too compelling.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Want to be:
    1. ENFP
    2. ENFJ
    3. INFJ

Don't want to be:
    1. ESTJ
    2. ISTJ
    3. ESTP

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by curiousel View Post
    If you could choose your personality type, which one would you choose? Why?

note: you cant choose the one that you already have.
    That's ridiculous. If I can pick my type, there's no reason I should be limited against my own.

Anyway, here is what I would favor in myself:

1. ESTJ. Yes, it's the one I already have, and yes, it's the most hated type on here, and yes, it's among the most hated types of the people around me. SUCK ON IT But if I stay positive, I should eventually find someone I click well with.

2. ESTP. I'm nowhere near being a P, but I don't know what it's like to actually be one. My old closest friends all seemed to be this type or close to it and I think I would've gotten along a lot better with them had I been less anal about everything. Maybe I'd enjoy life more and live it out like every day is a new day, like they always say. I've just always had a very strong preference for J and I couldn't imagine what would would happen if I lost it- loss of sense of responsibility and timeliness and such.

3. Uhh... hm... ESFP? I dunno. Same reasons as ESTP, and they seem to get along with people and be very charming, but I think Fs are less emotionally stable or whatever. Bleh...

As for what I wouldn't want to be... I just wouldn't want to be an introvert. Or would I? I don't even know. Some of you guys seem content with who you are, but I certainly wasn't when I spent a lot of time isolated from people in the past. Even for the past few weeks I've been unable to interact with people- well, anyone worthwhile, anyway, so it's almost been like social atrophy for me.

Wow, I'm getting really personal with this. Why did I have to wake up so damn early...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    That's ridiculous. If I can pick my type, there's no reason I should be limited against my own.
    Then pick four types!
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post

Anyway, here is what I would favor in myself:

1. ESTJ. Yes, it's the one I already have, and yes, it's the most hated type on here, and yes, it's among the most hated types of the people around me. SUCK ON IT But if I stay positive, I should eventually find someone I click well with.

2. ESTP. I'm nowhere near being a P, but I don't know what it's like to actually be one. My old closest friends all seemed to be this type or close to it and I think I would've gotten along a lot better with them had I been less anal about everything. Maybe I'd enjoy life more and live it out like every day is a new day, like they always say. I've just always had a very strong preference for J and I couldn't imagine what would would happen if I lost it- loss of sense of responsibility and timeliness and such.

3. Uhh... hm... ESFP? I dunno. Same reasons as ESTP, and they seem to get along with people and be very charming, but I think Fs are less emotionally stable or whatever. Bleh...

As for what I wouldn't want to be... I just wouldn't want to be an introvert. Or would I? I don't even know. Some of you guys seem content with who you are, but I certainly wasn't when I spent a lot of time isolated from people in the past. Even for the past few weeks I've been unable to interact with people- well, anyone worthwhile, anyway, so it's almost been like social atrophy for me.

Wow, I'm getting really personal with this. Why did I have to wake up so damn early...
    hahaha!!!!

oh and also...feelers aren't less stable...not at all.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison