User Tag List

12 Last

Default Brands and Personality Type? Any example?

Do you think that some brands appeal to one or some personality type?
    for example car brands, or Apple...

Do you have in mind some love affair? Example: INFP-Apple

Have you noticed in your surroundings? a certain brand that appeals to a certain personality type?

Please explain.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Google Maps Streetview was built for IxxJ's
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

BMW = ESTP
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3

i think freepeople must be an INFJ thing?? maybe?

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

A bit off topic, but I think the way Apple (a giant corporation) has duped people into thinking they're so much more free-spirited, cool and counter-culture than Microsoft (another giant corporation) etc is extremely ingenious, totally bogus, and rather evil.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    A bit off topic, but I think the way Apple (a giant corporation) has duped people into thinking they're so much more free-spirited, cool and counter-culture than Microsoft (another giant corporation) etc is extremely ingenious, totally bogus, and rather evil.
    They're certainly a lot more creative, if anything. But hey, they're the underdog, people like the underdog.
    Hello

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Supposedly microsoft's actions have really sucked over the years so it's comparing a company that isn't a bastard (apple) to a company that is (microsoft).

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Supposedly microsoft's actions have really sucked over the years so it's comparing a company that isn't a bastard (apple) to a company that is (microsoft).
    I just think it's funny because say what you will, Apple is still a giant corporate machine, and a lot of people seem to have lost sight of that. Their marketing is very clever, I guess. I suppose they were the underdog once but they certainly no longer are, or not much of one!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Apple markets themselves very well. They give the impression that they're an underdog/hip company that goes against the man. But as far as successful...in perspective MS sold more Windows 7 OSs in a month than the number of people that even use Mac OSX.

I just don't like their company development philosophy. They have supreme control over their software and hardware. Their stance hinders 3rd party developer support in return for a highly reliable, stable, intuitive and consistent end user experience. Which is why I tend to like Google and MS more as companies. However, they're a phenomenal brand in terms of how they can shape markets with their products. I usually recommend Apple products to those who can afford them and who don't really have an interest in technology, but just use it for utility.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Apple markets themselves very well. They give the impression that they're an underdog/hip company that goes against the man. But as far as successful...in perspective MS sold more Windows 7 OSs in a month than the number of people that even use Mac OSX.

I just don't like their company development philosophy. They have supreme control over their software and hardware. Their stance hinders 3rd party developer support in return for a highly reliable, stable, intuitive and consistent end user experience. Which is why I tend to like Google and MS more as companies. However, they're a phenomenal brand in terms of how they can shape markets with their products. I usually recommend Apple products to those who can afford them and who don't really have an interest in technology, but just use it for utility.
    I met quite a few INTPs (and a slew of ISTJs and other ITs im sure) in computer engineering/science whose priorities you seem to share. I understand the appeal of mass 3rd party developer support, but I must say I'm a fan of the work of Mac-only 3rd party developers. Apart from a couple of killer apps nothing would turn me away from their often superiorly designed software.