• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

BULLYING: Personality type with a tendency to bully others? Type of the victims?

curiousel

1. What is considered to be the personality type/s associated to a bully?

Can you rank them from 1, being the one with the strongest tendency to bully others.

2. What is considered to be the personality type/s associated to the victims?

Can you rank them from 1, being the perfect victim.

Sunless

MBTI Type
INxx
It really depends on the person, any type could be a bully and any type could be a victim, but these types would be more prone to suit those roles

ESTJ - ENTJ - ENTP - ESTP - for bullies.

INFP - INTJ - INTP - for victims.

P

Phantonym

I'd say any unhealthy type can be both the bully and the victim.

curiousel

@Sunlesswhat & others: what do you think about ISFP and INFJ for victims?

P

Phantonym

Does being a victim of bullying mean being unhealthy? :/

If you don't stand up for yourself and succumb to bullying without doing something, then yes, I'd say it is unhealty. There is always something that can be done.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTP's aren't bullies, if they're seen 'bullying', it's more likely the bullee actually deserved it. And it wasn't really bullying but in the mind of the ENTP, deserved.

I see bullying as an irrational and meaningless action for whatever reason.

As for INTP being the bullee. INTP's, me at least and some others I know, are pretty much immune to bullying. I've never really been bullied. All attempts to bullying me all resulted in nothing. I have never been bothered the slightest by the opinions of people I don't respect.

So, maybe INTP's passiveness makes them targets. I doubt they're the type that would actually encourage or pleasure the one doing the bullying. And the bully is more likely to find someone that does seem to care.

We're passive, yes. But bully victims, not so much. We really don't care. And if an INTP does care, it's just immaturity and he'll outgrow it.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I agree that every type can be bullied / bully, but I'd say that INFPs are quite an easy target for bullies. A lot of ENFPs I know have similar experience.

The bullies I've encountered were a group of three ESFPs and one ENTJ mimicking as an ESFP (all girls). I'd met a few before them already, but they were too young to be typed.

P

Phantonym

add infj to victims

That again depends individually. I've never been bullied in my whole life because I've always been above it. I've never been a bully either. If you don't let people get to you, then they have nothing to intimidate you with.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I'd say any unhealthy type can be both the bully and the victim.

I agree with this. I don't think any one type would be prone to either being a bully or a victim. It is individual. Being both the bully and the victim who lets the bully do harm (mental, not physical, that's a different can of worms) onto them is lacking in something.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I wouldn't say INFPs are necessarily victims. Bullies want to see a reaction, INFPs aren't generally very reactive. Personally, I have stood up for victims, but never really been a victim myself.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
ENTP's aren't bullies, if they're seen 'bullying', it's more likely the bullee actually deserved it. And it wasn't really bullying but in the mind of the ENTP, deserved.

I suspect all bullies see their bullying as either deserved or not bullying at all. I think the kind of bullying ENTPs would be good at would be the ongoing public ridicule kind rather than the beating-up-for-lunch-money kind.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
bullied = least equipped to translate their feelings (attitudes, ideas, impressions) into action?
bullies = antisocial borderlines who try to take out their frustrations, fears, angers, shames on others who they don't think can defend themselves and pose a viable threat to them in retaliation?

i would say e2s and e9s and perhaps some e6s could get bullied the easiest. especially sp/so.

bullied is also highly contingent on group structure and the way that individuals identify with the group, the leader of the group, dis-identify with the victim (as non-human), etc.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suspect all bullies see their bullying as either deserved or not bullying at all. I think the kind of bullying ENTPs would be good at would be the ongoing public ridicule kind rather than the beating-up-for-lunch-money kind.

Hmm, if you take that into consideration, every type is just as likely to be a bully though.

Well, extraverts most likely. Introverts least likely. But even introverts would be potential bullies by that reasoning. In fact, it'd be human nature.

I was trying to put a fence between voicing your opinion and bullying. If voicing your opinion is potentially bullying, than difference in personalities is enough to become a bully.

sculpting

I would like to make a suggestion-

I think maybe Te folks are more likely to bully. I watch my toddler who is an IXTJ. When he interacts with other kids his approach is to run and yell at them. Mixed results.

About every fifth kid will yell back, then they just yell a lot and hit each other with sticks and are best buddies. Typically this was the little EXTJ kid beating the crap and bullying all the other toddlers.

With his other little friend-maybe an ENTP?-he will push the kid or get bossy. The kid retreats, pissed, but not combative. My kid then gets confused-he pushes again-like he is looking for push back.

It's like Te looks for Te to push back. So the Te kid just keeps pushing until it gets a response. That response helps draw the social boundaries for a Te dom kid and makes very clear where their place in the social heirchy is. Maybe taken to an extreme, this is where bullying originates from.

However picking on others-thats kinda different and plain mean but real bitchy-ESTPs always were the worst when I was a kid about this.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was never bullied, but I always felt ostracized by mostly Se-doms (ESPs).

They tended to poke and prod at me a lot when I was younger because I was so quiet, but they lost interest after a while.

It's a bit different nowadays.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Te- and Fe-doms tried to boss me around, and I let them think they were in control, up until they crossed a boundary, at which point I usually bit back with words and set them straight. No harm done in the end.

:D

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Bullying tends to happen when you're young and thus less developed.

Which is why middle school absolutely sucks. (Kids aren't motivated by stickers, are old enough to do damage, smart enough not to do it in front of teachers, the councelors don't know what to do, ect)

Also.... middle school girl hiarchy... hates NTs (female)
Why? because middle school girl politics are absolute nonsense.
The girls at the top hate not having control, and the rest of the girls just agree with the ones at the top.

They tried to assimilate me (after a while they gave up settled for labling me as a bitch... can't say I cared... to me they were inferior.)

Retrospectively I find this absolutely hilarious. Who says they don't want to be in a lab group with you because you're "too smart."