• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

BULLYING: Personality type with a tendency to bully others? Type of the victims?

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Te doms seem like theyd be the most likely to bully.

ESTJ ENTJ

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I have had some experience with being bullied by both girls and boys.

I got bullied by one of those top girls in Jr. High. I think she was an ESFJ or ENFJ.
When it comes to emotional abuse and for enlisting confederates (a lot of them, it seems like they do it with the 'your with us or against us' tactic. Although not as harsh in depth of bullying they make up for it in scope. I think the reason she decided to bully me because she was attracted to me and I was a little to slow on the uptake. Residual effect lasted for a few years even when she gave up after the second year

I occasionally harshly bust someone’s balls in a behavior similar to bullying. However although it can be intense it is usually short lived unless the recipient keeps coming back for more. In general I hate long term bullies but am mostly tolerant of short term ones.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'd say any unhealthy type can be both the bully and the victim.

I disapprove.

Someone with a physical deformity or something unique about themselves could be the victim of a bully aside from how they are internally.

That again depends individually. I've never been bullied in my whole life because I've always been above it. I've never been a bully either. If you don't let people get to you, then they have nothing to intimidate you with.

This is rather self righteous for talking about children's interactions with each other. :doh:

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think ENTPs can bully without being aware they are doing it, the ENTJs at my high school seemed to make people feel inferior. I was the only INT in my year and i got bullied because i would never react which is why INs are probably considered as most likely to get bullied, not assertive and unlikely to react so people feel they can get away with it.

chegra

MBTI Type
INFJ
Let me see.
If I think about the general profiles of bullies I have known most didnt do too well in class.
Now in the general hierarchy of performances in school before uni:
SJ
NT
NF
SP

(Yes guys SJ outperform NT in highschool for whatever reason)
But my best bet at who is doing the bullying are estp,istp,esfp,isfp.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
I disapprove.

Someone with a physical deformity or something unique about themselves could be the victim of a bully aside from how they are internally.

She never said that you have to be unhealthy in order to be a bully or victim, just that it's a possibility.

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
As for INTP being the bullee. INTP's, me at least and some others I know, are pretty much immune to bullying.

Eh... I was bullied and I cared. This was like 4th-6th grade. Mostly because I couldn't hit a softball and brought books about mummies to school. My school must have been weird, because girls were more likely to be made fun of for sucking at sports than for how they looked or dressed, apparently.

P

Phantonym

I disapprove.

And that's why I said that they "can" be, not that they necessarily will be. And that's why you say that they "could" be.

But I agree. It's not all black and white. There are numerous reasons why some people start bullying and some end up as the victims.

This is rather self righteous for talking about children's interactions with each other. :doh:

I was talking about myself and not about every other child out there. My experiences have shown that you either learn to be above it or get bullied.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Let me see.
If I think about the general profiles of bullies I have known most didnt do too well in class.
SJ
NT
NF
SP

But my best bet at who is doing the bullying are estp,istp,esfp,isfp.

I agree. Every bully I've ever observed was an SP. Mostly ESTP's, then ESFP's.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
And that's why I said that they "can" be, not that they necessarily will be. And that's why you say that they "could" be.

But I agree. It's not all black and white. There are numerous reasons why some people start bullying and some end up as the victims.

I was talking about myself and not about every other child out there. My experiences have shown that you either learn to be above it or get bullied.

I'm still not sure what you mean exactly but I'm sure you are. Thanks for explaining.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Overall, bullying doesn't really have a type, it's primarily fed by insecurity.

Let me see.
SJ
NT
NF
SP

Not hard to figure out really... it's the discipline and regiment that the SJs use to outperform the otherwise very intellectual NTs in school.

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
Bullying (stereo)types: ESTP, ESTJ, ENTJ, ENTP, ESFP.
Victims: IxFx, because they're sensitive. and ISTJ/INTP for being nerdy. :]

As a kid, I was a victim first and (harmless) bully later. Not really a bully, but I have a habit of saying mean things on accident.

I always think of ESFP's as the stereotypical popular girl (maybe I'm projecting since that's the opposite type of my own)
and ESTP's seem to be their jock counterpart.

G

Ginkgo

I wouldn't say INFPs are necessarily victims. Bullies want to see a reaction, INFPs aren't generally very reactive. Personally, I have stood up for victims, but never really been a victim myself.

Why children don't play with rocks anymore.

Yummy

INTP a victim? Pfft! I was a semi-bully as a kid and I can only remember one instance where a girl attempted to bully me.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I admit that I was a bully when I was younger. There also were people who thought that they could bully me easily, but that always turned into war. I always got my revenge.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suspect all bullies see their bullying as either deserved or not bullying at all. I think the kind of bullying ENTPs would be good at would be the ongoing public ridicule kind rather than the beating-up-for-lunch-money kind.
+1

People tend to see their behavior as justified. Cruel behavior tends to especially require a mindset that sees it as entirely justified. Anger and rage are the emotions that create an unquestioning certitude that a given behavior or punishment is deserved. I think the people who receive the absolute worst bullying tend to have a strong need for external, social approval and at the same time lack social skills to achieve it.

More than personality type, bullying tends to be the result of having a distorted ego and lack of empathy either as the result of never being treated with empathy (often having a parent who bullies them teaching them personal power only results from taking it from someone), or lack of experience where the person has never faced much fear or pain and so their world looks like a cartoon, and they never comprehend the damage they do.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
+1

People tend to see their behavior as justified. Cruel behavior tends to especially require a mindset that sees it as entirely justified. Anger and rage are the emotions that create an unquestioning certitude that a given behavior or punishment is deserved. I think the people who receive the absolute worst bullying tend to have a strong need for external, social approval and at the same time lack social skills to achieve it.

More than personality type, bullying tends to be the result of having a distorted ego and lack of empathy either as the result of never being treated with empathy (often having a parent who bullies them teaching them personal power only results from taking it from someone), or lack of experience where the person has never faced much fear or pain and so their world looks like a cartoon, and they never comprehend the damage they do.

Great post. I wholeheartedly agree with the bolded parts.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Sadly, ExTJ seem to me as types with higher-than-average chance to be bullies. Yet, what I'm about to describe doesn't describe any type in particular. I've had first hand experience as a victim, and I've paid attention to other persons being bullied, as well.

I've thought about the kind of bullying behavior I've personally witnessed, and I've came to associate it with less-than-average understanding of what people can and will do, with greater than average desire to have it their way.

In my mind, the bully doesn't believe that their unique stance on the life will guarantee their personal recognition, freedom of action and other stuff they desire - they have no strategy, no values, and the world is reduced to what can be done NOW, what they want NOW. A bully sees someone who's clothes they don't like? The bully is vulnerable to the sight of something he doesn't like - he internalizes the feeling of dislike, and to him, the person walking in wrong kind of clothes is like someone who punched them in the face.

Without insight, the only thing they can do to feel better about a situation is to act on it immediately. They might see someone who is in their eyes inferior, yet they still exist, perhaps even enjoy their life. That feels like something they can't allow, so without insight or solid core of themselves, they make the "inferior" person pay for the "disturbance" caused.

A bully might see someone receive praise, though it has already been 3 minutes since they personally received praise. Forgetful of the event, not understanding that they are still socially accepted after 3 minutes have passed, another person is suddenly in the spotlight. That is in contrary to the bully's perception that THEY should receive praise for being so great. With the idea that nobody remembers things more than 3 minutes, the bully goes to correct the situation - he insults the other person, threatens them or something of the kind.

This is at least the perception from the kind of bullies I've seen.

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Bullies: ENTJ, ESTJ, ESTP, ENTP, INTJ, ESFJ

Victims: INFP, ISFP, INFJ, INTP, ISFJ, ISTJ