• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

BULLYING: Personality type with a tendency to bully others? Type of the victims?

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i tried reading through this thread, but lost interest at some point, so i may repeat thoughts allready given... i did notice that many seemed to think intp were a likely target... that may be, but i never had trouble with bullies... i have a tendency to analyze potential threats when i run into any new social group... early in life i decided what made these folks tick, and how to navigate them... i found that isolating them and being friendly worked well... i also went about developing connections with folks from different social groups so that i was never fully withought support... i also noticed that bullying tends to begin with small "testing" attacks... i found that if i was able to cause a potential bully to rethink interacting with me in that way early, that they would give up all together... my skin is quite thick, so verbal barbs didn't get much of a rise out of me... it is amazing how well being a boring target works... it is hard for me to see how other intp's would have trouble with this, maybe they just didn't analyze these things early enough in life...

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Give me your fucking lunch money, all of you.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Bully: ESxJ-Te breaks social rules and ESFJs tend to spread rumors. S is more superficial which is a bully's trait.
Anyone can be the victim, but F is more likely since T cares less of what others think. ExFx would likely be bullied by many, with bad rumors damaging their reputation. IxFx are more quiet so they're less noticeable, but INFP is the stereotypical victim because they're quirky and timid.

Heh, I've known a few 'rumor-spreaders' and the biggest of them all is probably an INFP I know. :shrug:

Superficial? Since when does 'N' in your type mean 'special sNowflake?' Then again I'm not quite sure what you mean by superficial unless you're merely pleading to stereotypical nonsense.

F = more likely victim? So you're a deep non-superficial victim? I don't know how to put it delicately but get over yourself. T cares less of what others think? Well that pile of garbage stinks. I probably care what people are thinking too much but I care about how they think about certain things and not what they think of me in some obscure judgmental way.

The stereotypes are pretty lame because reality shatters those if you allow yourself to look at it objectively. Recently I've met an INFP that went through some horrible shit but refused to allow herself to become a 'stereotypical victim' and moved forward with determination and positive energy. I know two ESFJs that get extremely bothered and angry when people start spreading rumors about other people. People are more dynamic than stock stereotypes.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would list the types that I assume are most likely to be bullies, but at the same time, I think they might as well be the most likely to stand up against bullying others,again , morality depends on the person not on the type..

Bullies: ESTP, ENTJ, ENTP, ESFP, ESTJ, INTP
Bullied: ENFJ, INFJ, INFP, INTJ, ISFJ, INTP

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Mean-hearted Fe types bully Fi types until there is no Fi left to give.

Then, next minute, Fe is not even a thing, whoops.

: )

This message is written in code.

Bullies attack certain victims by attacking the ones they love, sort of like taking hostages.

They say: give up yourself, or we take what you love.

They already took it though, so it all comes down to acceptance.

Accepting that what you love has already been taken from you.

How does one react to that, exactly?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would list the types that I assume are most likely to be bullies, but at the same time, I think they might as well be the most likely to stand up against bullying others,again , morality depends on the person not on the type..

Bullies: ESTP, ENTJ, ENTP, ESFP, ESTJ, INTP
Bullied: ENFJ, INFJ, INFP, INTJ, ISFJ, INTP

Maybe but there is also emotional bullying also known as cry bullying. Some of these in your 'bullied' category might fall under that definition of bullying.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe but there is also emotional bullying also known as cry bullying. Some of these in your 'bullied' category might fall under that definition of bullying.

Hmm yes I agree, that's a good point :nerd:

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
I think it has to do not so much with a personality type but the character of people (being bullied or not; being a bully is related more with being a good person or not, and it can change, I believe). I've been bullied for most part of my life, verbally and physically, form random people and relatives. I remember this day, first year of high school, 4'10" me got tired and punched in the throat a very popular guy, and humiliated him in front of... half the school, he never touched me again. Then I sort of became the... Mother Hen (I don't know if this is the right term) of most bullied guys. That was my way of making friends: are you being bullied? You have no friends? Come with me!

I think it's in the person wanting to do damage to others. Every single person has the potential for both things. I know that if I want to be bad, I can say things that I know will hurt people because I'm good at reading their weaknesses, but I'd never think of doing that.

Saying that some types are potential bullies.. isn't sort of bullying them? I wouldn't make generalizations regarding this topic.

chado

MBTI Type
infp
id say entj and estp biggest bullies
vitcomes istj infp intj any introvert for that matter

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
While any type can be a bully and any type can be bullied, I'd like to argue that NTs and SJs are the most likely candidates for both sides, as they are more stubborn and less willing to compromise. Not to phrase it in a way that suggests bullying victims cause their own bullying, but NTs and SJs are more likely to enter a place that is teeming with bullies out of spite. A thought phrase that comes to mind is YMS's review of Cool Cat Saves the Kids, where he deadpans the line "Why would you go to a place called Bully's Diner if you didn't want to get bullied?"

á´…eparted

passages
When an ENFJ goes into bully mode. It's as evil as evil can get.

ESFJ bullies can be just as awful.

Basically, Fe gone wrong is gut turning, and is the type of villain everyone loathes more than any other.

lexay

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I hate to admit it, but I was a bully when I was a kid. Mostly to kids who were more likely to get bullied than me so that I didn't get bullied as much.

I had a group of friends who were pretty mean to the tail end of our group, he was probably ISFx. It was almost like a hierarchy. I didn't want to be at the bottom so I messed with ISFx as well. One day he finally stood up to us and I realized I was only thinking about myself and not how he felt. Probably never would have realized.

Jaguar

An NFJ told their story of bullying someone with a group so they could feel like they were a member of the group. Honestly, I just shake my head at crazy shit like that.

lexay

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I honestly think its worse than being a standard bullying. You have the opportunity to help or standup for whoever (in my case the ISFx), but you just go right along with it. That's why the ISFx was angriest with me instead of his primary bullies.

I'm not surprised by that behavior though. In my case, I had been severely bullied before and was terrified of it happening again. You would think that would make me more sympathetic but it just made me want to preserve myself. I still feel bad about it and thankfully I've learned better. We were quite young so I don't know what he's up to.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
most likely to bully - ESTx
most likely to be bullied - INxx

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Based on my observations:

Bullies
1. ESTP (especially immature/young ones. A lot of ESTPs are the typical insensitive dickwads. Ironically, mature ESTPs are my favorite type of people.)
2. ENTP (I think I've met more ENTP trolls and cyberbullies than all the other types put together)
3. ESFJ (immature Fe. "You're different from us so we don't like you.")
4. ISTP (From my experiences, ISTPs just don't give a shit. If something is entertaining or useful to them, it doesn't matter how it makes others feel.)
5. ENFP (For intuitive Fi users, ENFPs have a surprising tendency to gang up on people.)
6. INFP (I have met quite a few mean INFPs. They're not all fluffy rainbow kittens.)
7. ESTJ (I'm sure this type would be higher on the list if I knew more of them.)
8. ENFJ (Can be manipulative and very emotionally hurtful.)
9. INTJ (When you make an INTJ mad, it gets intense.)
10. ISTJ (They're usually fine, unless you don't do what they say.)
11. ENTJ (Most of them seem too preoccupied to bully anyone, but some get way too personal in debates.)
12. ESFP (ESFPs are sweethearts unless they misinterpret something you say. Which is pretty likely to happen.)
13. ISFJ (Meh, they're usually really nice, but some fall into the unhealthy Fe category.)
14. INTP (Very rarely have I met INTP bullies. But it has still happened.)
15. ISFP (The ISFPs I know aren't especially nice or especially mean. They just sort of do their own thing.)
16. INFJ (The nicest people ever.)

Victims
1. INFP
2. INTP
3-14: I have no idea
15: ESFJ
16: ESTP

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People most likely to bully are those who have the following environmental processes:
1. Someone dominates them, bullies them, and makes them feel powerless. This is often a parent or older sibling who is harsh and demeaning.
2. They have access to a person or animal more vulnerable than they are, and so they reenact the bullying behavior on their younger sibling, pet, classmates to regain a sense of power.
3. As a result the person becomes addicted to that momentary sense of empowerment that comes from dominating and hurting someone else. Their own internal framework is locked into feeling powerless, and so the bullying is a temporary fix which must be repeated.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think in some cases a 'bully' is the perception of the person being 'bullied.' That's not to say authentic bullies don't exist because they do (I dealt with some in grade school) but I've been called out for 'bullying' which baffled me because it wasn't my intent. I've never physically bullied anyone and always had an attitude that agrees with not initiating violence. However, in conversation, some people have felt that I've bullied them into certain arguments when that wasn't my intent at all.