• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

BULLYING: Personality type with a tendency to bully others? Type of the victims?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have to jump on the bandwagon with the other ENTPs who are all, "WUT? You see us as bullies?"

I mean, one or two posts saying it, sure, that can be chalked up to individual experiences, but SO MANY? I think the reason that shocks me the most is that I actually am a bully. When I think I have a good reason to be. And, that's when it feels righteous. I am a huge bullier of bullies and thoroughly shameless about it.

It's not that I don't see them as capable; I see all types as capable if they have someone in their power and they're insecure (bullying comes in many forms), but so many listing them as 'probables' baffles me.

If I may summarize your post, you are only a bully if they really deserve it, but you don't see ENTPs as bullies.

Maybe half the ENTPs I've known are bullies, but they don't see it that way because they're just having a good time and it's you that can't take a joke.

I've been a target of bullies and I've bullied others in my youth. Hooray for the cycle of violence.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
If I may summarize your post, you are only a bully if they really deserve it, but you don't see ENTPs as bullies.

Maybe half the ENTPs I've known are bullies, but they don't see it that way because they're just having a good time and it's you that can't take a joke.

I've been a target of bullies and I've bullied others in my youth. Hooray for the cycle of violence.

I meant that I was confused by them being bunched into the 'likely to be bullies' pile so often. I, and the ones I've known, are big lovers of justice and fair game. If I'm taking a punch to the face for someone who is being bullied and return it, or I make a bully's life hell to where it's not worth it to bully a victim anymore, then yes, I'm a bully, but I'm okay with it. "Boohoo, Bully, cry more. Do it no feel good?"

I could see a pattern occurring of putting them on the list so often if it were a thread full of bullies...

I do get though that it may be easy to misinterpret ENTP joking around with bullying. Makes me sad though. :( If I knew I hurt someone accidentally, then I'd apologize, and if I wanted to keep talking to them, then I'd adjust my communication. On that note, I am in no way saying it's not possible for an ENTP to be a bully. I'm sure it is as I said before, I believe it is for any type.

Seriously, I hate bullying. But, I love doing it to one. I'm weird though in that I first gauge whether or not it's necessary to jump in and whether or not it would offend the 'victim' to do so. Some get offended if you go where you aren't needed/welcome. And, I have no want to make it even worse for someone. I'd have to see them as a true victim.

R

RDF

I think she's saying that ENTPs are more prone to be "champions" rather than "bullies." I agree with her.

As for my response to the OP and the thread as a whole:

I think extroverts are more likely to be bullies as children; they are the first to experiment with tools of social influence and pressure, and childish bullying is one tool they experiment with.

In adulthood, I think introverts are more likely to be bullies. They come into positions of authority, don't necessarily have people skills (don't know how to be a good "team player"), and so they turn into that impossible-to-please boss, misanthrope coworker, control-freak spouse, etc. who makes everyone's life hell.

I've been an incredible bully as an adult, and sometimes I still am. People need a foot up their ass at times.

Jaguar

Nawh, labelling me something other than what I am was just the door opener really.

Which label? You and I had a convo in 2009 about having a INF P/J Socionics type in your profile.

Nicodemus

Perhaps this is the time to publish the results of our little What Type is Lark Really user group...

A

Anew Leaf

Perhaps this is the time to publish the results of our little What Type is Lark Really user group...

I think your hypothesis that he is ENTP is spot on. Explains the emo cakes and the many, many started threads.

1AuroraAngel1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Most likely to be a bully: ENTJ

Most likely victims: INFP, ISFP, ENFP, INFJ, ISFJ, and INTP.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Bullies: ENTJ, ESTJ, ESTP

Victims: INFP, ISFP, INTP, INTJ, INFJ

Tyltalis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I want to say Se dominants are more likely to bully.
ESFP- females are usually vain and self-righteous
ESTP-Males who have no commitment to feelings and always looking for that to satisfy Se. Sociopathic Se seekers, if you will.

Of course I'm only talking about the immature ones.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Depends on the arena, I find. All types bully in their own arena and all other types who aren't home in that arena are going to be potential victims.

For me personally, it's Ti-users that make up most of my bullies, though technically all types can go after my weakness in their fields as well.

Interestingly, ENTPs are my biggest bullies, and vice versa . My Ti-blindspot makes me an easy target to them while their Fi-blindspot makes them an easy one for me.Or stated differently, my Ti-blindspot annoys the crap out of them so they bully me whereas their Fi-blindspot annoys the crap out of me which definitely makes me want to give them a giant wedgy.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been both in my life, although I never considered myself a bully so much as someone who didn't take shit off anyone and perhaps spoke my mind too freely too often growing up. That can get you into trouble in school in this age where people can practically be sued and demonized merely for (unintentionally) hurting another person's feelings. Also, maybe it's something I project in my outward appearance and persona which led some school officials to perceive me as a bully. For instance, some kid who was widely considered a geek kept shooting pieces of paper at the back of my head in junior high. Suddenly I've jumped out of my seat and backed him into a corner and told him that if he doesn't stop I'm going to cave his fucking head in. Next thing I know I am in the assistant principal's office being lectured on bullying and disruptive behavior. :shrug: Can't win. I also got in trouble for kicking a bully in the crotch once. Dude was bigger than me too, yet the teacher sent me to the office. Oh, I remember now, I was white, so they accused me of being a racist. In most of these types of instances where I got in trouble for "bullying" or aggressive behavior I had been minding my business until someone else provoked me.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Any ExTx type could be a bully.

I can't imagine Feeling types enjoying doing it and even the more aggressive introverts, such as ISTPs, would be unlikely to provoke conflict.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I can't imagine Feeling types enjoying doing it and even the more aggressive introverts, such as ISTPs, would be unlikely to provoke conflict.

I never really felt good about making fun of people unless they were assholes or did me wrong, in which case they brought that shit on themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

I never really felt good about making fun of people unless they were assholes or did me wrong, in which case they brought that shit on themselves.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I used to be a very cruel little boy, no one ever did bully me because I had extremely loyal friends always willing to protect me. Even after losing these friends I've not been bullied, I find it odd. I'm a loner, I stutter, I'm physically weak. Maybe I'm scary, maybe I'm just surrounded by nice people. I think so, people are in general very nice. I regret doing a lot of the things I did when I was younger, sometimes I wonder if that's the reason my life is as bad as it is right now, some sort of karma. It has sometimes gotten to the point that I'd be willing to become religious, ask to forgive my sins, follow a greater morale. If there is a god up there, is he punishing me? There would also be another point to religion, I'd be able to get the guidance and sense of belonging I'm not getting from anywhere else.

But the biggest bully I knew of was ExxP, he was really nice and funny sometimes. But most of the times he was cruel, superficial, emotionally vicious, mentally unstable, VIOLENT. Counterphobic 6w7 so/sx, most likely has father issues and some mental disorder. I happened to stay on his good side because I had a lot of (self-effacing) humor, and I never made his ego feel threatened. Whenever he did have a problem with me, my best friend would just threaten to punch his face in and he would eventually go away. I remember once when he got extremely mad at me because I tackled him while we were playing football at P.E. haha, he never did like losing even if it was just a silly game.