• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

BULLYING: Personality type with a tendency to bully others? Type of the victims?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
mbti types:
- ESTP
- ESTJ
- ENTJ
- ESFP
- ISTP
- unhealthy ENFJ

Enneagram:
- counter phobic 6
- 3w2
- unhealthy 2s

*I don't think 8s are very likely to be bullies. 8s can have violent and abusive tendencies, but they don't tend to manefest themselves in the form of bullying
1) they're likely to view bullying as weak and pathetic (and they're right)
2) picking on someone weaker than them holds no value for an 8, if they did try to bully someone, it would likely be someone stronger than them
3) 8s are too busy conquering things. they usually don't even think of people if they don't have a reason to

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was bullied a bit during elementary school and junior high, but I tended not to let it bother me too much. A few of the girls I hung out in elementary school were victims, though, and I did my best to stick up for them. (As it turned out, one of them ended up bullying another girl, so I found another group to hang out with a.s.a.p.) After that, I stuck up for kids when I could, but I didn't go out of my way to do it.

Other than that, I didn't have much experience with bullies. I hardly witnessed any bullying in high school (physical or emotional).

Sunshiney

MBTI Type
INFP
With my terrible experiences, all of my bullies (and I get bullied/physically abused a lot...) have been either STs and one was surprisingly an ESFP. She didn't like my art on another website so she harrassed me. IDEK. The STs...well my dad is an ESTJ (I'm an INFP btw) and he is very verbally abusive and sometimes physically it's hard. but it is what is is. I can't wait to gtfo of here though.

The victims seem to be almost all Ns and a couple Ss. Even my INTJ friend is harassed a lot and once even got emotional from it, and he rarely doesn't give a crap what people do or think.

Lark

I think its less to do with MBTI than other typologies, like those worked out by Fromm in his book Man For Himself, there are exploitative, marketing, receptive, personality types, which can then become combined with authoritarian social character or biophilious or necrophilious social character.

So the exploitative/marketing/receptive-authoritarian-necrophilious type would be bullying type, although the bullying would be patterned accordingly, ie the behaviours involved could be aggressive or passive-aggressive, the victim type Fromm described as the productive or healthy personality type, ironically the unhealthy types dont like the healthy type because it reminds them of what they cant manage to be themselves, either because of the demands of others or circumstances or because of internalised demands.

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
I was bullied big time. I couldn't even begin to guess the types of everyone who harassed me, except they were mostly extroverts.

AFAIK, I've never bullied anyone. It's despicable behavior to me.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pffft, if everyone can be a bully then has anyone seen an INFP bully? Absolutely ridiculous.

+300000
Typical post on this thread: "Everyone can be a bully, by the way, I'am an INFP and I was bullied."

Most likely to bully: ES
Most likely to be bullied: IN

IS and EN are a bit in between, as an ISTP I experimented theses two types of situations personally. I bullied and was bullied. The "bullying-bullied" thing was only on the 5 years old-12 years old period, I had'nt issues on this at all when I was older.

spleen

MBTI Type
Entp
Enneagram
Haha I was the ENTP female who kicked the asses out of other bullies. XD
Although, from that point on, I became the victim, because people wanted to bring me down I guess. I didn't really understand people around me until pretty much last year or the year before, so I was very socially awkward and didn't understand why people would treat me badly when I did nothing to them, which made me feel bad and become the victim eventually, but I never really stopped standing up for people being bullied on by others. That's how I got detention so much tehehe

Wait, you say youre type is ESTP, but you said you are ENTP on this.

Honestly? I got into fights and bullied the bullys. I fought everybody, I was a bully, but never to the good guys, always to the dipshits, "dipshits" being anybody that abused anybody that was verbally or physically weaker than them at that time. Just because Im not a feeler doesnt mean I don't have some emotion when I see something I can fight against. The real enemies that I would fight without ever giving up was those kids and parents and whoever said "No" or "You cant do that because [blank]". Not about stuff like "dont do drugs" but moreso about dumb stuff like telling me and a few people "You cant play soccer with us because we already started", I actually uhm, that happened a few weeks ago. This dude told late-comers to a pick up soccer gane that they, er, we couldnt play because there were already too many people playing (????!!!!) I toasted that dude, walked right up to him LBJ style. Pretty proud of it still. Trying to sideline us, he can go--himself.
So, I acted as if I were the "victim" of rules/authorities like teachers/kids/society, but woukd stick up for bullies and victims if I felt like it, and would bully when I someone "deserved" it.

Thats why I do not ink ENTPs are bullies. We dont judge much, which I find the main factor in bullying (but thats from an ENTP)

Lord Guess

MBTI Type
ENTP
Speaking as both an ENTP, and a bully as a kid, it was more because of boredom than anything. I'd get really bored, I'd see a target, and I'd have fun getting a rise out of them. Kinda sociopathic, I know, but it's the truth.

Ghostwheel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Five
ENTP's aren't bullies....

I've known two ENTP's that were bullies by way of verbal abuse and mockery, even in regard to their friends. Of these, one was male and the other female.

I've also known, lifelong, an ENTP that never engaged in that behavior.

So yes, ENTPs can be bullies, but when it happens it seems to be minus the physical element that so often goes with ESTJ/ESTP bullying.

Speaking as both an ENTP, and a bully as a kid, it was more because of boredom than anything. I'd get really bored, I'd see a target, and I'd have fun getting a rise out of them. Kinda sociopathic, I know, but it's the truth.

This describes the female ENTP. She was perpetually trying to stimulate the world around her. She was also an extremely cruel person.

Lord Guess

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've known two ENTP's that were bullies by way of verbal abuse and mockery, even in regard to their friends. Of these, one was male and the other female.

So yes, ENTPs can be bullies, but when it happens it seems to be minus the physical element that so often goes with ESTJ/ESTP bullying.[
]

That chalks up with what I was like; I was more of a reaction seeker than a physical abuser. Things would rarely escalate into a physical fight unless the other person made it that way. I just didn't think it was really that fun to get in a fight with someone who hadn't actually made me angry, but when I did get in them as a kid, there was usually some sort of escalation on both ends.

This describes the female ENTP. She was perpetually trying to stimulate the world around her. She was also an extremely cruel person.

Well, I don't know about the second point, but the first one would make sense. I don't know if you could really call a child cruel, if they don't understand just how much pain they might be causing. Cruelty requires an understanding of suffering, which most children are not experienced enough to comprehend.

shrili

MBTI Type
INFP
I was in an all girls school, and in fourth grade the teachers kept picking on me for my sloppy dressing habits, bad grades and my social awkwardness. The girls therefore, thought that they had a "right" to pick on me, because I was "bad". They were almost all ESFJs, and thought that I deserved the bullying. I don't think they saw it as bullying, either. I didn't react, but it made me feel as if there was something wrong with myself. Also, some of them had a screwed up idea that they were helping me by bullying, because it would help me be less "bad".

shrili

MBTI Type
INFP
:(

I got taunted for being a smart kid in elementary school so by the time I'd gotten to middle school I was pretty good at kicking ass. I reserved my ass kicking for bullies and spent the next few years of my school career bullying bullies... other than that, I fit in in any social group I wanted to fit in, but I hated other bullies and took a variety of approaches (including bribery, taunting and occasionally kicking thier asses) to teach them their lesson :shock:

from my experience a majority of bullies were ExFJs... their bullying was emotionally driven instead of for any other reason :)

This happened to me too!

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My first inclination was to say that introverts tend towards being bullied, but I'm not so certain. Introverts are often misunderstood and not included, but can also be quite good at staying out of the way. The kids I saw experience the most extreme bullying tended to interact, fight back, express a strong need for social responses and approval. It was that social neediness combined with fueling the fire and lacking social skills that triggered the worst I saw. In this way I think a strong extrovert lacking social skills is in a very vulnerable position to get bullied by the group, or even by the entire school.

It could still be that the types most likely to bully would also be extroverts just because it shows a need for a social interaction, albeit a dysfunctional and domination based one, but still. The strong introvert that has those same feelings might spend more time fantasizing about it, rather than acting on it.

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTP not bullies? Seriously?
I've seen somewhere that ENTPs are capable of throwing a friend toward a bus just for the popularity. Of course this is exaggerated, but it pictures pretty well their attitude.

I have one ENTP friend, a very close one. He mocks me in front of other people sometimes with stuff he shouldn't, or stuff I asked him not to do it; and he does it just for making other people laugh over me (sincerely, something "F"s can't stand). Mainly when he feels threatened somehow. Actually, this is one of the reasons that after approx. 2 years our ENFP (me) x ENTP (him) friendship is losing its warm and healthy state.

I'm his friend. Imagine how ENTPs act with random people.

But now, answering the question:
ESTPs for me are the easier type for becoming bullies. They have all characteristics of such.
Also, I can see ENTJs, ENTPs and even ESTJs as bullies somehow. ESTJs in a different way, but still bully.

The victims, INFJs mainly. Also, INFPs, ISFPs, INTJs...

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
As a child, I never bullied people. I was instructed not to do it and it felt like a waste of energy; bringing somebody down for my amusement. Don't get me wrong--I enjoy watching people suffer. I am unabashedly sadistic. But nonetheless, I believe that energy is much better served in improving one's self.

I was bullied a bit as a child--mostly in elementary school. I was rather oafish and a minority to boot. Big deal, it didn't bother me much. It was usually the insecure little turds nobody else liked, never the "popular" or likable kids. I figured, "screw it...this is as big as they're going to feel...may as well let them have it." They were more of a mild irritant than anything else.

When they became an actual threat...I would take physical action, seemingly out-of-the-blue, shocking the hell out of them and bystanders. And if they were to bully me anymore, they'd be doing it with a permanent limp.

For some odd reason, they usually trailed off.

(P.S.: ESxx and ENTx are the most likely bullies, imo)

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ExTx 8s in enneagram, 7w8s and sometimes 3s are most prone to engage in bullying. These are the most assertive types out of all MBTI and enneagram combinations. Some unhealthy introverted 5s are intellectual and emotional bullies. They are more insidious about it than their extraverted counterparts.

lunareclipze

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. What is considered to be the personality type/s associated to a bully?
ESTP, ESFJ, ESTJ
Can you rank them from 1, being the one with the strongest tendency to bully others.
ESFJ girls are most likely to bully other girls for being different, ESTP boys are most likely to result to physical violence and want to show "who's boss."

2. What is considered to be the personality type/s associated to the victims?
INFJ, ISFP, INFP, INTP

Can you rank them from 1, being the perfect victim.
INFJ, INFP, ISFP, INTP

I was teased quite a bit for being different from other girls (tomboy, geeky interests, hung around boys, etc..) by the ESXJ girls..

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Probably whatever type I am - apparently I offended [MENTION=4358]Jeffster[/MENTION], and he's a pretty nice guy, clearly making me a big time bully.