User Tag List

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: BULLYING: Personality type with a tendency to bully others? Type of the victims?

The only correlate I'd say there is for bullies is their social inadequacy.

figsfiggyfigs

i dont know if I posted here...

When I was younger I used to be a bully. like hard core bully, however, I only scared people, I rarely beat kids up. I was pretty young.

In high school and junior high, I used to get in fights, but I'd control myself and walk away..

I don't know if I was the same " type" then, but I know I don't bully people anymore, and hate seeing people get bullied, I'll usually stand up for them...

Priestess Of Syrinx Array Katsuni's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

I'd say there's a few key components, but not all are equal.

F's are more likely to be bullies in general; not all will be obviously and there's exceptions to every rule, but usually a bully is a result of a poor home environment. Lack of attention, abuse, etc generally is the base foundation. This can be from poor kids, with alcoholic parents, to rich kids with parents who just don't exist and are never home. Either way, the bully needs attention somehow, and to feel valuable, and usually does so at the expense of someone else. For the most part it's not their fault, and usually, after they escape their piss poor home environment, they get better.

F's will have a different response to this kind of mistreatment of them than T's though. A T won't be all that likely to lash out at others consistently for attention; they'll more likely try to earn their attention through other means than bullying.

So, too, is it that I's are generally more prone to being bully targets, and E's are more likely to become bullies in the first place.

Keep in mind though, that this still requires the basic broken home to begin with. Types don't "make" bullies... the home environment has to provide the situation that creates a bully in the first place, it's just certain types are more likely to turn into bullies after that environment has been supplied. Other types are likely to react differently. In a better home environment, most bullies that exist wouldn't with the better upbringing.

As for the ENTP bully, very unlikely but can happen... generally the ENTP will assume they're right and that the other deserved it... an ENTP can be a dangerous enemy, but they won't do traditional "target anyone weaker than yeu and rough them up". Moreso they'll focus on someone they have a grudge against and 'teach them a lesson'. They're more likely to attack bullies or be bullied, than to become one themselves usually. Their targets are too defined to be a true bully in most cases though.

MBTI
    INTP

I wasn't so much bullied but was an outcast in the latter part of elementary for being that gullible ADD kid who had an obsession with the paranormal and hated sports. I still had my close group of friends. Then in middle school I WAS bullied for my sexuality (this was before even I knew I was gay. . . funny) and femininity. Lol, middle school sucks. Being passive made them think they'd get away with it, fighting back would only fuel it, and I was too much of a coward to tell any of the counselors. Out of the biggest bullies included an emotionally broken ISTP, an ESTJ with a fragile ego, and a controlling ENFJ. The bullying dissipated by the time I got to high school.

Not that the counselors would've likely sympathized much with a queerosexual. I remember once in the seventh grade one of the counselors was subbing for our math class and he started going on a tangent about how harassment is bad. But then he went on to tell about a situation he had to deal with in which a gay boy was being harassed. His thoughts? The whole situation could've been averted had the boy not been gay or had been more discreet. Doy!

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

No ENTP bullies? Someone hasn't been around on this forum for very long. Granted, he's more of an immature demi-flamer than a bully, but none the less.
    Furthermore, we INTPs can get vengeful too. I'd describe the various philosophical conflicts that I've been over in my mind, but I don't want to sound insane.
    INTP,
    Neutral Good/Lawful Good even split. 5w4 sp/sx melancholic/supine, even split. Yes, I stole this method of placement from black cat.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    The only correlate I'd say there is for bullies is their social inadequacy.
    I don't think thats accurate for everyone. Like I said, I was a bully when I was younger, but had no social inadequacy.

Do explain it more Lark,

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't agree with the bit about INFP's being bully victims. Although, as a young child I was verbally abused quite a lot. But, I never reacted to it, or I just smiled at the abuser. I haven't been picked on for a long time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't know about bullies, but I'm an INFP and I know I was bullied in elementary school, and maybe a little in high school before I started going to an alternative school. In elementary school it was only boys bullying me, and I'm a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't know what type the people I picked on were. Probably introverts. I never messed with kids with differences or eccentricities or anything like that. I was probably a little different myself. I REALLY doubt I ever picked on an INFP or ISFP either. I picked on the more defiant passive aggressive type of introverts (or what I saw as defiance..). I was horrible when certain people basically didn't kiss my ass.
    I fought with extroverts who challenged me too, but that's beside the point.
    I wasn't passive aggressive but I wasn't kissing anyone's ass either. That may have been part of the reason I was singled out. Just saying... INFPs aren't necessarily conformists/ass-kissers even if they're in elementary school and being bullied.

I've come to realize infps are pretty badass if they have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    i dont know if I posted here...

When I was younger I used to be a bully. like hard core bully, however, I only scared people, I rarely beat kids up. I was pretty young.

In high school and junior high, I used to get in fights, but I'd control myself and walk away..

I don't know if I was the same " type" then, but I know I don't bully people anymore, and hate seeing people get bullied, I'll usually stand up for them...
    When I take my little toddler to the playground even at a very young age you can pick out the Te doms. They are very assertive and commanding. Except it can really look like being a bully-unintentionally. It is their nature to structure the external environment, thus that's what they do.

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast