User Tag List

First 142223242526 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
    If one's personality type (which we overwhelmingly assume is fixed) says anything about how socially aggressive or vulnerable they'll be, what does that say about any given individual's capacity to change their position? Are some people actually less or more vulnerable to force than others in a way that is as fixed as our types? Is that unsettling and taking this thread too literally, or just life?
    I don't think a person's personality is fixed, although I suppose I'm in the wrong place to be arguing that. It certainly is enticing though, isn't it, having a 'type' or a system to describe yourself. To simplify things. So no, I don't find it unsettling.

But I do think that we are all products of our experiences and that being a victim once gives someone a higher chance of being a victim again or of being an aggressor, or both. (Both, probably.) Because once it's happened it's happened and life has a way of being cyclical, I think. Although maybe I'm conflating bullying with experiences that are traumatic in nature. I don't know. Is bullying traumatic? I'd say it is.
    Likes Xann liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    ENTP's aren't bullies, if they're seen 'bullying', it's more likely the bullee actually deserved it. And it wasn't really bullying but in the mind of the ENTP, deserved.
    I'd have to disagree on that. I have an ENTP as a close friend- and don't get me wrong, he's a good guy- but he can be a jerk sometimes. Not intentionally- he's just kinda impulsive. But then again, the bully doesn't have to realize what he/she is doing in order for it to be bullying.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

My experience is that ENTP's don't usually bully people. They may seem like it at first or say something to that affect which is intended to be amusing more than anything or an exploration of possibility but they don't persistently try to demean and harass.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

I've been on both ends of this, although in many of the cases where I could be considered the bully, I was simply dealing with kids who were themselves bullies or assholes.

My response to being bullied was usually to either ignore or fight back if I felt cornered.

literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

ESTP

Making fun of someone once in a while for the sake of humor may not be nice but it's not really bullying either.

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

As an ENTJ I am hyper-aware of how other ENTJ's bully people. They tend to be the most Machiavellian bullies. My friend is also an ENTJ and we would bully each other and have cold wars via spy vs. spy.

ENTJ will bully because they might/may go against their personal values of peace and respect to satisfy their objective goals. Hence Caesar's fate.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

MBTI
    FREE

Types with weak Si sometimes fail to recognize the personal boundaries of others, so they might unintentionally not respect them. An ENTP with underdeveloped Si could look like a bully, but most likely they don't mean to hurt anyone unless they have a reason to.
    I've never seen a bully irl, but in Hollywood movies they're usually male ExTJs/ESTPs or female ESFJs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Fi

Bully: ESxJ-Te breaks social rules and ESFJs tend to spread rumors. S is more superficial which is a bully's trait.
    Anyone can be the victim, but F is more likely since T cares less of what others think. ExFx would likely be bullied by many, with bad rumors damaging their reputation. IxFx are more quiet so they're less noticeable, but INFP is the stereotypical victim because they're quirky and timid.
    I am extremely quiet, an outcast, and conflict-avoidant. But I also have strengths too, that I can forgive you all because you are unique and special. I kill with kindness, hating violence and social conflicts. People always bully me into actually talking, but I can't. Just be your true self and know your strengths and weaknesses. Some weaknesses we cannot change, but work on your strengths, forgive, and accept that.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Not type related.

Quote Originally Posted by INFPtheQuietOne View Post
    S is more superficial
    Bullshit.
    26 weeks

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Quote Originally Posted by INFPtheQuietOne View Post
    ESFJs tend to spread rumors.
    Bullying is a topic close to my heart because I endured a lot of it for years. I've been bullied by types all across the board, including INFPs. If anything, ESFJs were the ones who reached out to me as the weird kid and chose to accept me. I think you'll find that the majority of ESFJs are good people who spread kindness rather than rumors. (But again, they can also be bullies--bullying has no type.)

S is more superficial which is a bully's trait.
    Stop with the "Sensors are superficial" nonsense. I, an ESFJ, have had the deepest and most meaningful conversations with ISFPs. I frequently blog about existential issues and the "meat" of life. Sensing/iNtuition is not superficial vs. deep. It is about how one processes and receives information, just how Feeling/Thinking is about making decisions and conclusions based on that information.

Anyone can be the victim, but F is more likely since T cares less of what others think.
    The independent clause in your sentence is correct. After the comma is where you're wrong. Here you're equating Feeling and Thinking with emotionality. As I stated before, it is more about decision-making. And, for your information, Fi is not dependent upon external validation.

ExFx would likely be bullied by many, with bad rumors damaging their reputation.
    ExFx types are not all necessarily concerned with their reputation. If anything, that would be an Enneagram 3 issue.

IxFx are more quiet so they're less noticeable, but INFP is the stereotypical victim because they're quirky and timid.
    Ah yes, I remember this same attitude from your earlier posts. Quit the self-defeatism. Quit thinking you're disadvantaged because of your type. What happens to you is not your fault, but it's on you if you choose to wallow in it and sabotage yourself. You can cry over being a victim or decide to call yourself a survivor. The choice is yours.
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes ZNP-TBA liked this post