User Tag List

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BULLYING: Personality type with a tendency to bully others? Type of the victims?

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Requeim View Post
    add infj to victims
    That again depends individually. I've never been bullied in my whole life because I've always been above it. I've never been a bully either. If you don't let people get to you, then they have nothing to intimidate you with.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by curiousel View Post
    @Sunlesswhat & others: what do you think about ISFP and INFJ for victims?
    I wouldn't say I was a victim. I stand up for myself.

Kraken down on piracy Array Lux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I'd say any unhealthy type can be both the bully and the victim.
    I agree with this. I don't think any one type would be prone to either being a bully or a victim. It is individual. Being both the bully and the victim who lets the bully do harm (mental, not physical, that's a different can of worms) onto them is lacking in something.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Senior Member Array The Outsider's Avatar
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I wouldn't say INFPs are necessarily victims. Bullies want to see a reaction, INFPs aren't generally very reactive. Personally, I have stood up for victims, but never really been a victim myself.

Senior Member Array JivinJeffJones's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    ENTP's aren't bullies, if they're seen 'bullying', it's more likely the bullee actually deserved it. And it wasn't really bullying but in the mind of the ENTP, deserved.
    I suspect all bullies see their bullying as either deserved or not bullying at all. I think the kind of bullying ENTPs would be good at would be the ongoing public ridicule kind rather than the beating-up-for-lunch-money kind.
    Likes Rune liked this post

Senior Member Array the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

bullied = least equipped to translate their feelings (attitudes, ideas, impressions) into action?
    bullies = antisocial borderlines who try to take out their frustrations, fears, angers, shames on others who they don't think can defend themselves and pose a viable threat to them in retaliation?

i would say e2s and e9s and perhaps some e6s could get bullied the easiest. especially sp/so.

bullied is also highly contingent on group structure and the way that individuals identify with the group, the leader of the group, dis-identify with the victim (as non-human), etc.

Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I suspect all bullies see their bullying as either deserved or not bullying at all. I think the kind of bullying ENTPs would be good at would be the ongoing public ridicule kind rather than the beating-up-for-lunch-money kind.
    Hmm, if you take that into consideration, every type is just as likely to be a bully though.

Well, extraverts most likely. Introverts least likely. But even introverts would be potential bullies by that reasoning. In fact, it'd be human nature.

I was trying to put a fence between voicing your opinion and bullying. If voicing your opinion is potentially bullying, than difference in personalities is enough to become a bully.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

I would like to make a suggestion-

I think maybe Te folks are more likely to bully. I watch my toddler who is an IXTJ. When he interacts with other kids his approach is to run and yell at them. Mixed results.

About every fifth kid will yell back, then they just yell a lot and hit each other with sticks and are best buddies. Typically this was the little EXTJ kid beating the crap and bullying all the other toddlers.

With his other little friend-maybe an ENTP?-he will push the kid or get bossy. The kid retreats, pissed, but not combative. My kid then gets confused-he pushes again-like he is looking for push back.

It's like Te looks for Te to push back. So the Te kid just keeps pushing until it gets a response. That response helps draw the social boundaries for a Te dom kid and makes very clear where their place in the social heirchy is. Maybe taken to an extreme, this is where bullying originates from.

However picking on others-thats kinda different and plain mean but real bitchy-ESTPs always were the worst when I was a kid about this.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

I was never bullied, but I always felt ostracized by mostly Se-doms (ESPs).

They tended to poke and prod at me a lot when I was younger because I was so quiet, but they lost interest after a while.

It's a bit different nowadays.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Te- and Fe-doms tried to boss me around, and I let them think they were in control, up until they crossed a boundary, at which point I usually bit back with words and set them straight. No harm done in the end.

MBTI
    ENTP

Bullying tends to happen when you're young and thus less developed.

Which is why middle school absolutely sucks. (Kids aren't motivated by stickers, are old enough to do damage, smart enough not to do it in front of teachers, the councelors don't know what to do, ect)

Also.... middle school girl hiarchy... hates NTs (female)
    Why? because middle school girl politics are absolute nonsense.
    The girls at the top hate not having control, and the rest of the girls just agree with the ones at the top.

They tried to assimilate me (after a while they gave up settled for labling me as a bitch... can't say I cared... to me they were inferior.)

Retrospectively I find this absolutely hilarious. Who says they don't want to be in a lab group with you because you're "too smart."

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast