User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Five

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    ENTP's aren't bullies....
    I've known two ENTP's that were bullies by way of verbal abuse and mockery, even in regard to their friends. Of these, one was male and the other female.

I've also known, lifelong, an ENTP that never engaged in that behavior.

So yes, ENTPs can be bullies, but when it happens it seems to be minus the physical element that so often goes with ESTJ/ESTP bullying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Guess View Post
    Speaking as both an ENTP, and a bully as a kid, it was more because of boredom than anything. I'd get really bored, I'd see a target, and I'd have fun getting a rise out of them. Kinda sociopathic, I know, but it's the truth.
    This describes the female ENTP. She was perpetually trying to stimulate the world around her. She was also an extremely cruel person.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwheel View Post
    I've known two ENTP's that were bullies by way of verbal abuse and mockery, even in regard to their friends. Of these, one was male and the other female.

So yes, ENTPs can be bullies, but when it happens it seems to be minus the physical element that so often goes with ESTJ/ESTP bullying.[
    ]

That chalks up with what I was like; I was more of a reaction seeker than a physical abuser. Things would rarely escalate into a physical fight unless the other person made it that way. I just didn't think it was really that fun to get in a fight with someone who hadn't actually made me angry, but when I did get in them as a kid, there was usually some sort of escalation on both ends.

This describes the female ENTP. She was perpetually trying to stimulate the world around her. She was also an extremely cruel person.
    Well, I don't know about the second point, but the first one would make sense. I don't know if you could really call a child cruel, if they don't understand just how much pain they might be causing. Cruelty requires an understanding of suffering, which most children are not experienced enough to comprehend.

MBTI
    INFP

I was in an all girls school, and in fourth grade the teachers kept picking on me for my sloppy dressing habits, bad grades and my social awkwardness. The girls therefore, thought that they had a "right" to pick on me, because I was "bad". They were almost all ESFJs, and thought that I deserved the bullying. I don't think they saw it as bullying, either. I didn't react, but it made me feel as if there was something wrong with myself. Also, some of them had a screwed up idea that they were helping me by bullying, because it would help me be less "bad".

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

I got taunted for being a smart kid in elementary school so by the time I'd gotten to middle school I was pretty good at kicking ass. I reserved my ass kicking for bullies and spent the next few years of my school career bullying bullies... other than that, I fit in in any social group I wanted to fit in, but I hated other bullies and took a variety of approaches (including bribery, taunting and occasionally kicking thier asses) to teach them their lesson

from my experience a majority of bullies were ExFJs... their bullying was emotionally driven instead of for any other reason
    This happened to me too!

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My first inclination was to say that introverts tend towards being bullied, but I'm not so certain. Introverts are often misunderstood and not included, but can also be quite good at staying out of the way. The kids I saw experience the most extreme bullying tended to interact, fight back, express a strong need for social responses and approval. It was that social neediness combined with fueling the fire and lacking social skills that triggered the worst I saw. In this way I think a strong extrovert lacking social skills is in a very vulnerable position to get bullied by the group, or even by the entire school.

It could still be that the types most likely to bully would also be extroverts just because it shows a need for a social interaction, albeit a dysfunctional and domination based one, but still. The strong introvert that has those same feelings might spend more time fantasizing about it, rather than acting on it.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ? sx/so

ENTP not bullies? Seriously?
    I've seen somewhere that ENTPs are capable of throwing a friend toward a bus just for the popularity. Of course this is exaggerated, but it pictures pretty well their attitude.

I have one ENTP friend, a very close one. He mocks me in front of other people sometimes with stuff he shouldn't, or stuff I asked him not to do it; and he does it just for making other people laugh over me (sincerely, something "F"s can't stand). Mainly when he feels threatened somehow. Actually, this is one of the reasons that after approx. 2 years our ENFP (me) x ENTP (him) friendship is losing its warm and healthy state.

I'm his friend. Imagine how ENTPs act with random people.

But now, answering the question:
    ESTPs for me are the easier type for becoming bullies. They have all characteristics of such.
    Also, I can see ENTJs, ENTPs and even ESTJs as bullies somehow. ESTJs in a different way, but still bully.

The victims, INFJs mainly. Also, INFPs, ISFPs, INTJs...

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

As a child, I never bullied people. I was instructed not to do it and it felt like a waste of energy; bringing somebody down for my amusement. Don't get me wrong--I enjoy watching people suffer. I am unabashedly sadistic. But nonetheless, I believe that energy is much better served in improving one's self.

I was bullied a bit as a child--mostly in elementary school. I was rather oafish and a minority to boot. Big deal, it didn't bother me much. It was usually the insecure little turds nobody else liked, never the "popular" or likable kids. I figured, "screw it...this is as big as they're going to feel...may as well let them have it." They were more of a mild irritant than anything else.

When they became an actual threat...I would take physical action, seemingly out-of-the-blue, shocking the hell out of them and bystanders. And if they were to bully me anymore, they'd be doing it with a permanent limp.

For some odd reason, they usually trailed off.

(P.S.: ESxx and ENTx are the most likely bullies, imo)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

ExTx 8s in enneagram, 7w8s and sometimes 3s are most prone to engage in bullying. These are the most assertive types out of all MBTI and enneagram combinations. Some unhealthy introverted 5s are intellectual and emotional bullies. They are more insidious about it than their extraverted counterparts.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    973 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

1. What is considered to be the personality type/s associated to a bully?
    ESTP, ESFJ, ESTJ
    Can you rank them from 1, being the one with the strongest tendency to bully others.
    ESFJ girls are most likely to bully other girls for being different, ESTP boys are most likely to result to physical violence and want to show "who's boss."

2. What is considered to be the personality type/s associated to the victims?
    INFJ, ISFP, INFP, INTP

Can you rank them from 1, being the perfect victim.
    INFJ, INFP, ISFP, INTP

I was teased quite a bit for being different from other girls (tomboy, geeky interests, hung around boys, etc..) by the ESXJ girls..

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Probably whatever type I am - apparently I offended @Jeffster, and he's a pretty nice guy, clearly making me a big time bully.