User Tag List

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: BULLYING: Personality type with a tendency to bully others? Type of the victims?

Senior Member Array Lily flower's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    No.
    I say yes - not all ENTP's are going to be bullies, obviously, but having grown up with one, I can definitely say that the tendency towards bullying is strong.

You're fired. Lol. Array Antimony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Really, I think it depends for all types. Some types won't pick on others. I think overall the biggest bullies are ExTPs and ExTJs, with maybe some ISTPs, but for different reasons. ISTPs seem to be genuinely aggressive about it, at times. I blame it on Ti. Mother calls it the 'poke and run' function.

Too true, too true.

ENTPs: pick on everyone, for fun. Liking them or not.

ESTJs: the 'weird' people. May even just shun them
    ESFJs: people they are into romantically/the weird people
    ESTPs: Everyone
    ENFPs: people they are romantically interested in, and the normal people. May be abrasive to the ones they dislike.
    INFPs: no one. Might pick on some friends.
    INFJs: might try to pop holes in egos, but generally in good humor
    ISFJs: the balanced ones, probably not many people. May get picked on for quietness.
    ENFJs: a lot of people, in good humor.
    ENTJs: well, the ones I know don't pick on people, they correct them/argue with them
    INTJs: no one, other than the ones close to them
    ISTJs: well, if they do it at all, probably people they dislike
    INTPs: too lost in thought for that
    ESFPs: everyone. People they like, dislike, or think are weird. They can be pretty mean to the ones they dislike.
    ISFPs: to chill for such.
    ISTPs: probably bully people who were jerks to them, or whom they feel threatened by
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Dreaming the life Array onemoretime's Avatar
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    I say yes - not all ENTP's are going to be bullies, obviously, but having grown up with one, I can definitely say that the tendency towards bullying is strong.
    Honestly, it's unintentional (most of the time). I notice that I tended to do it mostly when someone was being an attention whore - and usually, it was very subconscious.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

The most bullied girl in high school was an ESFJ. Honestly, she made things bad for herself because she would provoke people but then meltdown as soon as they fired back at her. Then after she became known for her reactivity, people would make fun of her for shits and giggles. The quiet kids, by contrast, rarely got picked on directly like that.

As for me, I was neither bullied nor a bully. I guess in retrospect some of my teasing could have been interpreted as bullying, but I didn't mean it as bullying. If I teased someone it meant that I liked them in some way. Also, no one would dare try bullying me unless they wanted to start a battle which they couldn't win.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

A window to the soul

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    As for me, I was neither bullied nor a bully. I guess in retrospect some of my teasing could have been interpreted as bullying, but I didn't mean it as bullying. If I teased someone it meant that I liked them in some way. Also, no one would dare try bullying me unless they wanted to start a battle which they couldn't win.
    ^ Heh, who would've guessed. You're sweet-innocent girly now! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    ENTPs: pick on everyone, for fun. Liking them or not.
    ^ Ha yeah, so if you cwry like a man-child about your life, whaanh, please don't scratch me when I imagine you wearing a frilly pink dress and I call you a girly girl.

I'm sweeter now. I'm mostly hearts and roses... peachy-pink thorny roses.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Believe it or not, I was a bully for a short time. During my second 1st grade year (I got held back one year) and for some of my 2nd grade year I used to pick on these two smaller kids than me. Then I met a defender-of-the-weak type who beat the snot out of me, then I stopped and he and I actually became good friends (until that is he fell into the gangster-rap crowd and I withdrew so deeply that I became invisible).

After, I received my fair share of bullies throughout middle and high school, though the numbers and incidents I had declined the older I got. I actually got to know the two kids I bullied, apologized sincerely to both of them, and I'm actually good friends with one of them to this day. He and I have Mac vs PC arguments all the time (Me representing PC, he representing Mac )

In retrospect, I think my own foray into bullying was partially a result of the fact that during my Kindergarten and first 1st grade year I was ostracized by all the kids in my classes and partially because I internalized all of my anger and hurt and didn't express it to anyone. I had no friends and those that did befriend me often turned on me for the amusement of their other friends. Nobody wanted to really talk with me, nobody sat with me at lunch, and I couldn't make any friends.

I wonder if that's why my Mom decided to hold me back and transfer me to another school. Those years sucked.
    "There is no such thing as spare time, no such thing as down time, no such thing as free time, there is only life time. Go."
    ― Henry Rollins

Senior Member Array Mephistopheles's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

When I were younger, I annoyed everyone around me, what could be interpreted as bullying of some kind. We also had a very strange (I think INTJ-)kid in our class at the 5th grade who everyone constantly picked on; I also made him angry sometimes, but when I had the opinion that the other childs were overdoing it, I defended him; After our teacher ordered our class to stop that, me and some other childs who didn't pick on him decided to let him come into our Pen&Paper-Game-group, but he acted like a douchebag there (f.e. everyone laid all his sweets on the table, only he ate his own under the desk AND ate ours, too), so we kicked him out soon again. On the other side - due to me annoying everyone, defending the INTJ or simply I did something weird again - I also got picked on for small periods of time every once in a while. They usually stopped soon again; I don't consider myself a victim of really serious bullying.

My personal conclusions: NTPs can be bullies, but they don't look for specific persons & aren't organized, they simply do it to find out how the other person will react. If they think someones feelings are seriously hurt, they are rather on the defender side. On the other side, they're quite likely to be victims due to their weirdness. I know, I'm not the perfect archetype for an NTP, but this matches my view on us anyway.
    They say I only think in form of crunching numbers.....
    -Fall Out Boy

You're fired. Lol. Array Antimony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

^ Spot on, old chap. When I poke fun at someone, it is normally jestingly. However, I greatly enjoy the reactions I get out of people.

Annoying? Maybe.

Fun? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    ^ Ha yeah, so if you cwry like a man-child about your life, whaanh, please don't scratch me when I imagine you wearing a frilly pink dress and I call you a girly girl.

I'm sweeter now. I'm mostly hearts and roses... peachy-pink thorny roses.
    Lawls, say what? And maybe you can imagine me in a dress. How do you know I am male?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

I've had plenty of experience with ExTP, INTJ and ISTP e6 bullies. That was in middle school though, everyone is horrible in middle school.
    In general I would say ESTPs.

Senior Member Array uncommonentity's Avatar

It'd depend on your definition of bullying. It can be defined in so many ways and the definition has just been inflated out of proportion now if you ask me. I kicked a couple of kids in the cock back in school but it was just because I was bored. INTJ's are really into that whole tough love thing so when a sensitive creature back then would square up to me and say they were going to hit me. I formally invited them to. I wanted to see people stand up for themselves and punch me right in the face. Weakness to me is well.... weak. Obviously nowadays I don't go round physically harming anyone but I'm still eager to guide the overly sensitive into growing a pair of nuts and standing up for themselves instead of having their frustrations build up inside of them to the point they combust or kill somebody.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast