User Tag List

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: BULLYING: Personality type with a tendency to bully others? Type of the victims?

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

INFJ female, got bullied from elementary school through high school. It was the verbal/ social isolation type, mostly from boys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Bully = ENFP

Victim = ISFJ

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    MBTI
    ixfp
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

I'm not sure what type bullies most, and suspect any type could. I have noticed that in many cases bullies are intensely judgmental people so much so that they think they need to punish everyone. Bullies come across as rather self-righteous oftentimes. But then I wonder if they actually think the opposite and just always overcompensating.

Edit: I don't mean this in terms of morality, but in a sense of superiority combined with a victim complex that makes a person a bully.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by curiousel View Post
    1. What is considered to be the personality type/s associated to a bully?

Can you rank them from 1, being the one with the strongest tendency to bully others.

2. What is considered to be the personality type/s associated to the victims?

Can you rank them from 1, being the perfect victim.
    Bullies- ESTP, ESTJ, ISTP, ENTJ, ENTP.

Victims- ISFP, INFP, INTP, ISTJ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

i started off as a victim, but then became...pretty terrible in middle/highschool. More Se leading, out of touch with right/wrong. some people who finally stand up start off with noble intentions, but "power corrupts" sometimes. the beginning of the end was when an istp kicked the living shit out of me. among other things.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    i started off as a victim, but then became...pretty terrible in middle/highschool. More Se leading, out of touch with right/wrong. some people who finally stand up start off with noble intentions, but "power corrupts" sometimes. the beginning of the end was when an istp kicked the living shit out of me. among other things.
    Among other things? What else did the ISTP do to you?

hmm bad wording there. "among other things"...i just mean everything is probably still shaping us in those years.

i'm not sure what the "theory" is on evolving and changing type, but i don't think i was settled on anything at that point.

Senior Member Array

I don't think you start developing your tertiary function until you're 17-25. So you're type can be pretty fluid. I acted more like an INTP as a child, then became more extroverted and argumentative as a teen so I really could easily be confused as an ENTP, but as an adult, my family agrees that I am really more of an ENTJ type.

Things are pretty fluid for some of us. . . while others just seem to have a strong sense of who they are from the beginning.

Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Haha I was the ENTP female who kicked the asses out of other bullies. XD
    Although, from that point on, I became the victim, because people wanted to bring me down I guess. I didn't really understand people around me until pretty much last year or the year before, so I was very socially awkward and didn't understand why people would treat me badly when I did nothing to them, which made me feel bad and become the victim eventually, but I never really stopped standing up for people being bullied on by others. That's how I got detention so much tehehe

Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Nescio View Post
    Bullying tends to happen when you're young and thus less developed.

Which is why middle school absolutely sucks. (Kids aren't motivated by stickers, are old enough to do damage, smart enough not to do it in front of teachers, the councelors don't know what to do, ect)

Also.... middle school girl hiarchy... hates NTs (female)
    Why? because middle school girl politics are absolute nonsense.
    The girls at the top hate not having control, and the rest of the girls just agree with the ones at the top.

They tried to assimilate me (after a while they gave up settled for labling me as a bitch... can't say I cared... to me they were inferior.)

Retrospectively I find this absolutely hilarious. Who says they don't want to be in a lab group with you because you're "too smart."
    This. Was middle school.
    Actually, this was also college unfortunately. No logic whatsoever. When people found out I stopped caring about their pathetic lives in sororities, they pretty much kicked me out of the dorm and I had to live at home for finals or the lounge. Fun times.

But funny you should say that. I'm in a lifeguarding class now, and a lot of people are either hoping that they're in my group because I know what to do, or they don't because they think I"m too smart and I'll yell at them for doing something wrong. I thought people grew out of that *sigh*

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast