User Tag List

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: BULLYING: Personality type with a tendency to bully others? Type of the victims?

Senior Member Array mcmartinez84's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

The ENTP I know is definitely a bully. He doesn't think of it that way, but he gives everyone shit about everything, including poking at topics that he knows are sensitive. He thinks it's funny... It's only funny a couple of times, but he does this nonstop. He's also a bit on the manipulative side. He seems like a nice guy, but he's only nice so people owe him a favor.

As a female ISTP, I certainly wasn't the popular kid in the class, but I wasn't bullied a whole lot. I had a couple of friends and I was mostly left alone. So I guess people didn't seek me out for bullying altho when given the chance, kids are mean. *shrug*
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by human101 View Post
    I think ENTPs can bully without being aware they are doing it, the ENTJs at my high school seemed to make people feel inferior. I was the only INT in my year and i got bullied because i would never react which is why INs are probably considered as most likely to get bullied, not assertive and unlikely to react so people feel they can get away with it.
    I don't think ENTJs typically bully other kids. In fact they tend to smack down the bullies. I do think they can come off as arrogant know it alls (same as ENTPs) because their immaturity tends to make them dismissive to other types who don't get what they are trying to say or who aren't accurate with information. I know I could really intimidate people intellectually and even be a jerk when correcting someone but I never sought anyone out to maliciously pick on them. In fact one summer I was subjected to brutal bullying until the neighborhood realized I never lost a fight. Once I made it to the top (actually second) I never picked on kids below me.

Also everyone seems to be saying that Te dom is responsible for bullying but then what about the ISTP? They are Te dominant (just like ENTJ) but I see them minding their own business most of the time.

Most of the bullies in my life have been either ESFJs or ESTPs.

Also, ISFJs can be both victims and bullies. They tend to want to quietly control things from behind the scenes and wield a lot of influence over the more extroverted types and are very picky about their friends. Yet on the other hand I see them getting taken advantage of by not being able to say no . . . but once they get angry WATCH OUT! They can get really vindictive when you've crossed the line.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Some stereotypes:

ESTP - beats you up and steals your lunch money bullying
    ESTJ - mocks you for being weird bullying
    ESFJ & ESFP - "mean girls" type of bullying, cattiness, spreading rumors
    ISTP - sarcastic comments under breath, mocking what seems stupid & unrealistic to them
    ENTJ - psychological warfare bullying...think Jeff on "Flipping Out"
    ENTP - general smartass behavior, putting people other people down to seem "better"
    NTs - online trolling bullying
    Wow! I think this is pretty on target. ESFJs also bully you for being weird or different.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I notice INFP and ISFP seem to be considered victims quite often..
    Really?? I am most likely a hybrid of the 2.

With exception of a few nasty girlfriends.. No one bullies me around, no one ever has, and those that tried, failed.
    I have always been someone who pushes back when cornered.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Some stereotypes:

ESTP - beats you up and steals your lunch money bullying
    ESTJ - mocks you for being weird bullying
    ESFJ & ESFP - "mean girls" type of bullying, cattiness, spreading rumors
    ISTP - sarcastic comments under breath, mocking what seems stupid & unrealistic to them
    ENTJ - psychological warfare bullying...think Jeff on "Flipping Out"
    ENTP - general smartass behavior, putting people other people down to seem "better"

NTs - online trolling bullying

ISFJ - they want to be accepted (SJ), can have a hard time standing up for themselves, and are sensitive. They also express emotion more openly, which can make them targets.
    ISFP - sensitive, often offbeat and attract negative attention because of it.
    ISTJ - they can be "nerd" types
    All INxx - because we are the "weirdos", right? I've never been bullied though. It just doesn't work on me.
    you hit it right on the nose..

ironically, one of my friends ( INTJ) was a bully when he was younger

Senior Member Array Nonsensical's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Definitely ESTJs. ESTJs can be the biggest pricks.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTJ

Bullies on Mondays and Wednesdays and Fridays: ISTJ, ISFJ, INFJ, INTJ, INTP, INFP, ISFP, ISTP, ESTP, ESFP, ENFP, ENTP, ENTJ, ENFJ, ESFJ, ESTJ

Victims on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Saturdays: ISTJ, ISFJ, INFJ, INTJ, INTP, INFP, ISFP, ISTP, ESTP, ESFP, ENFP, ENTP, ENTJ, ENFJ, ESFJ, ESTJ
    Sundays are a free or all.

One day and the next Array Rainne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled
    I have to say I'm pretty guilty at calling other people retards under my breath.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    I have to say I'm pretty guilty at calling other people retards under my breath.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by NewEra View Post
    Overall, bullying doesn't really have a type, it's primarily fed by insecurity.
    You hear this a lot, but research doesn't support it. Studies have shown that bullies, people who perpetrate domestic abuse, and other overly-aggressive people have above average self-esteem / feel like they're better than other people.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast