User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which type makes the best salesman?

28. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTP

13 46.43%
  • ENTP

2 7.14%
  • ESFJ

2 7.14%
  • ENFJ

3 10.71%
  • ENTJ

2 7.14%
  • ESTJ

2 7.14%
  • ENFP

2 7.14%
  • ESFP

2 7.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which type makes the best salesman?

Senior Member Array

Depends on the mode and purpose of selling. I dealt with incoming calls (who had need of our services in the first instance) and made the sale simply by creating pathos and building rapport with the customer. It didn't always work (I don't deal with that Fe crap and its dependent on whether my Fi wants to be kind to them) but worked enough to make me one of the highest selling people in my company. Now I write content for our advertising and I like to think that my (supposed) writing skills assists in bringing customers to contact our company in the first instance.

As for on-the door salesman who try to sell a poor sap something they don't need then I would say ESTP. Sociopathy and smoke blowing? Instant winner.

Banned Array
    5w6 sx/so

I voted ESFJ because that way you get service with a smile on!

Senior Member Array Winds of Thor's Avatar
    3w4 sx/so

An ESTP is on my business team and he's outstanding. He coordinates effectively with other salespeople to get the desired result with clients. Very smart with sensitivities or nuances in negotiations and that is very effective.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    5w6 sp/so
    LII Ne

S's would probably have the advantage in selling tangibles, N's in selling more abstract ideas.

Why aren't introverts in the poll? I think introversion can be an advantage in some ways. You think more about how you're going to give your sales pitch rather than just blurt it out. That can be a plus as it appears more well-thought out. Also, I's may be more considerate about not giving the prospective buyer some space and time to think about it as they tend to want those things themselves. Someone might not like an E salesperson for appearing too pushy.

I'm not saying I's are better salespeople than E's. It's advantageous to be an E when you're approaching a bunch of random strangers and trying to talk to them.

As far as interest in sales goes, I think E's easily win this.
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Neutral Good