• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Experimenting. Wanna be my guineapig?

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
Answer a few questions. And I'll come up with something.

Imagine an imaginary house. YOUR imaginary house!

Now, describe how many floors are in it. How many rooms, and each room.

Also how many people live there.

And the yard, if there is one, fence [or lack there of], and other things.

Then I'll return and make an interpretation.

chasingAJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
FIVE
Are you an architect or a Realtor or something?

I'm actually in the middle of house shopping...

My ideal house has 1 floor or possibly a game room/study loft... from the front door you see a distinct foyer where people can be invited into the house without actually being invited into the living areas. There is a short hall that leads to two arch way openings one on the left and one on the right. These are the formal living and dining, though the formal living will be more like a library and the formal dining is a place to host dinner parties and whatnot. It would be nice if there were a butlers pantry between the formal dining room and the kitchen but not required. Just beyond the archway into the formal living room is a door that leads to a half bath. Then the hall ends and you walk into the great room. The kitchen on the left (the kitchen and formal dining share a wall), the breakfast area beyond the kitchen and the family room on the right. Between the breakfast area and the kitchen is a small hallway that leads to the master suite and a door that goes to the utility room/garage. Through the family room is another hall that leads to the secondary bedrooms (2 or 3). If there are stairs along the wall where the half bath is to go to a game room/loft, I'm sure my family would appreciate that. The back of the house is covered with windows and french doors that open to the pool (which has to have a fence) and the swing set and other backyard kids stuff. Behind the master suite and beside the house, is my garden with a hot tub (french doors into the master) and a kitchen garden wraps around the corner of the house.

3 people would live there for sure (Myself, SO and daughter) though it could be up to 8 at times (4 step-children for visitations and I would like to have another child).

There would be a wrought iron fence around the pool that is separate from the wood privacy fence around the back of the property. The front could have some of the normal suburbia stuff like a lone tree circled by rocks, a drive way to the garage and a stone path to the front door.

I'm not sure what else is relevant... my dream kitchen has 2 dishwashers (the machines, I don't like people enough for hired help) and I have to have a large pantry because I tend to keep enough groceries on hand to survive a nuclear winter.

So, what's your prediction?

Last edited:

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Interesting. There's a home i always picture when talking to friends, but i don't know if it would be my ideal imaginary home. I don't really think about all of the fixings that would be in a place because i prefer being a bit more realistic about it than not.

So what i tend to envision:
One story house.
When you open the door, there is dark carpeting for a few feet, then a deep red couch facing to the right. It is far off of the wall to allow a path behind it. In front of it is a dark coffee table and a television against the opposite wall.
To the right is the kitchen. There's a doorway, but no door. I imagine a low wall on the far right side so you can see into the kitchen/carry on conversation, but it is still somewhat separate. A counter and stove/oven is visible. The refrigerator is at the far end, opposite the side of the wall the TV is against. Cabinets line the other side of the kitchen.
Further down is the dining room. There is an open doorway leading to it from the kitchen. It is basic and casual. I imagine a lighter colored floor. There's another door leading to a small hallway on the immediate left of the dining room.
The hallway travels down from the living room and out to a patio. There is a small yard that is generally tidy, yet barely utilized. It's surrounded by a dark picket fence that has vines growing through the rungs.

Back at the start, the left wall has a few paintings strewn about. If you walk behind the couch you come face-to-face with the door to a medium sized guest bedroom. (That hallway to the outside is on the right of this room). It is also casual and barely utilized.
To your left is a hallway. The next door down on the right is a small/medium sized laundry room with a stand alone washer and dryer.
The one following that is the bathroom. It is fairly big for a bathroom, but there isn't anything fancy about it.
On the left of the hallway is the master bedroom. I'm not sure what that would entail. Me-related things without a lot of complication. A desk for a computer/laptop. Queen bed likely on the left wall.

It would be my domain mainly, but open to friends to stay for periods of time if need be. No one else that's permanent, i don't think.
Am i missing any key home elements? :p

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I had a vision once.

5 floors up, 4 floors underground.
1st floor was the entertainment and kitchen area, 2nd floor the bedrooms, 3rd floor the Games rooms, 4th floor the theater, 5th floor the observatory.
1st underground room the computer and science lab, 2nd underground room the library, 3rd underground room the music studio and art room, 4th floor the stockpile in case of disaster room. Then a pool, greenhouse, a sprawling garden, solar panels, a few guest houses, a wine cellar and a tennis court. :newwink:
How many people lived there, lots, totally unrealistic but hahaha that was when I was 10 or something. :cheese:

Now I just want a 5 bedroom, 2 bathroom house with a kitchen, lounge, dinning, study, exercise room, patio and recreation room. 5 people can live here and bring on over whoever they want.

I also thought of wanting a safe house where friends could go to get away and unwind and relax from the stresses of life, like a hotel and relaxation center except it was free of charge if money was a non issue.

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
ok so my IMAGINARY house...

Ground floor is a bakery shop of some sort.
1st floor up is a living space with a little kitchen, and a living space with a nice baby grand piano. Bathroom connects to the living space.
2nd floor up, is 2 small bedrooms and a little balcony that overlooks the street in front of the shop.
Basment floor 1 is half bread storage and half recreation room.
Basement floor 2 is my secret laboratory and a good fall out shelter.

its a really cute place.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

My imaginary house.

It would be relatively small. Of chinese design. It would be situated on top of a rocky hill. Wouldn't say mountain, no icy tops, nothing too high. But fairly decent size. Decently hilly, with rock faces, and lots of green. The house would be on the sun side of the mountain, 50 feet from the top. It would have one floor. There wouldn't be many appliances. All the basics to live comfortable and healthy. There would be three rooms. The largest, living room. Would be open on the front side. Air flowing directly through the room. It would be spacey, soothing. One would be the bedroom. The walls are transluscent, so that the morning light will shimmer through the walls. But it will be wind proof. So it is not drafty. It's also spacey. The third room will be messy, there will be a comfortable place to sit, and a desk. A computer and a fast internet connection. The desk will be messy, disorganized. And the floor is littered with clothing. I will be the only person living there. And there will be a limit on how often I can be visited. And I can not be visited unannounced. The yard will be my mountain. There will be wild goats and deer roaming about, and on the next mountain, a wolf pack lives, howling at the full moon each month. Not too far from the house will be a small pond. Teaming with life. The sound of crickets will be a common event, and the occasional frog does his singing as well. The trees will be filled with the most beautifully colored birds. With soft, perfect songs. Whispering through the wind.

That would be my imaginary house.

VagrantFarce

Small detached house, think walls and windows (so I don't have to worry about waking anyone up at 3am), on a quiet street, within walking distance of work, the shops and my friends :3

1 floor, lounge, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, study

JUST ME

Preferably no yard, wouldn't want to maintain one. Black metal fence, so I wouldn't have to paint it. :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Preferably no yard, wouldn't want to maintain one. Black metal fence, so I wouldn't have to paint it. :D

Do like me, have a yard that maintains itself. Win win situation. :D

reality.ensues

MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Pale, sandy brown with a black roof. Wraparound porch. Fluorescent green door guarded by a Venus flytrap plant. White futon on the porch, usually with a book sitting on it. Three tennis courts on the other side of the house (one clay, one hard, one grass).

Only one floor, along with a much larger basement, in case of storms. The first floor has a small kitchen with a white tiled floor, a special-occasions-only dining room with a huge window and silvery-blue walls, a bathroom, and my bedroom. The bedroom is the smallest room in the house, holding just a canopy bed with an antique oak dresser underneath. There is a window with a nice view of the mountains. It has spring green walls and a white carpeted floor.

The first room after you take the stairs down to the basement is a living room. It has a silver 42-inch TV (in homage to A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) and and every Nintendo system other than the Virtual Boy. There is also a DVD player, and a wall and a half covered from top to bottom with shelves of video games, DVDs, CDs and vinyls, but mostly CDs and vinyls. The TV takes up another wall, and there are two couches sitting in front of it. There is a Slurpee machine next to the TV. At the wall opposite the TV you see a desk with three laptops and an iPod on it. Next to the computers is a door to a bathroom. In the center of the unoccupied space there is a foosball, an air hockey and a pool table.

(I just read over that and it confused myself, so I'll clarify: When you walk in, the wall you are facing is completely covered with shelves. If you turn left, you see another wall, the left half covered by the door and the computers, the right half covered by the rest of the shelving. If from there you make a full 180 around you see the backs of two couches, and a TV on the wall along with the Slurpee machine. The rest of the space is taken up by the game tables.)

There is also a door to the right-hand side of the entry door which leads to a room filled with every musical instrument I can think of.

Every door in the house is bright orange.

Just me, and possibly my best friend, or my parents, but not both at the same time.

No front yard or fence, but as I mentioned above the backyard is simply three tennis courts. The courts have two-metre fencing all around.

Have fun! ;)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
edit: I take it back: My Imaginary House is no House. :)

My dream house would be in the middle of the woods. Not too far from civilization, but enough to not have any close neighbors.

Three floors- a basement, a ground floor, and a second floor.

Well, I guess a kitchen, open living room/hall and bathroom on the first floor. Lots of open windows.

Bedrooms and bathroom on the second floor, and a spiral staircase to the roof. The roof is flat and is a great place to be on warm summer nights.

A study/library/computer room in the basement. A large open room with couches and chairs and a fireplace would be nice, too. Maybe even a bar.

The house would be very futuristic. Lots of windows, very simple, and not boxy like a New England cottages.

A small yard would suffice, because we'd be in the middle of the woods. Maybe a garden, a small patio, or a hot tub.

Very simple, secluded, and comfortable.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram

My imaginary house is a little stone house!

Two floors: First floor: living room with piano, eat-in kitchen, also a pantry. Small bathroom.
Second floor: two bedrooms, a craft room with a great view for making paintings, one bathroom.

me, my husband (alas, he too is imaginary), two cats and two dogs.

yard... front and back... flower garden in front with sculptures and also bird feeders... stone walkway to the street... driveway and parking for a car and for bicycles... back yard is fenced for the benefit of the dogs... vegetable garden in back... go through a gate in the back and there is a creek, wide enough for canoeing and kayaking... next to the creek is a bicycle and walking path, which leads into town... everything is accessible without an automobile but parking is available in front for imaginary husband's car and for visiting cars...

P

Phantonym

A smaller-size log house in the woods, not very thick woods, there must be plenty of natural light; near a lake; no visible/audible neighbours for at least 1 mile radius but still close enough to a bigger city with all the necessary amenities. Partial view on the lake; small garden area and an orchard for fruits and veggies; cozy porch. Fence surrounding the house solely as a barrier to keep the wild animals outside and the pets inside, not a high wall to keep the outside world from penetrating the inner calm world. Enough space for everybody to feel comfortable; not overly spacious, plenty of natural light, warm and cozy. A home.

1,5 floors.

Ground floor: 3 rooms/1 bathroom.

Kitchen/Living room area joined together but with the possibility of making both separate. Fireplace is a must. A library/study. Bathroom/Sauna.

Top floor: 2 bedrooms, bathroom, wardrobe, balcony.

3 people living in the house. :)

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD

Imaginary...

It has a larger infinity of floors. With stairways that treat physics as cotton in a candy store.

Every room eminate different memories that I've experienced in my life, harboring furniture accordingly to each memory; everchanging rooms, that lasts for as long as I have entered the room. When I am outside the room, the doorway just shows a constant flux of colours.

Every room also have at least enough space for five people (each person should have at least 3 square meters of space. Although, they may move within eachothers spaces, if allowed by eachother)

I live there. I can't decide for others but everyone's invited. I have enough space or I don't have enough space, it doesn't really matter as it is infinite and humans in this world are finite.

Actually, with the rule of the rooms having atleast 15(mxm) x infinite = a finite infinite, right? (I'm probably incorrect to the dozen, but I kind of searched infinites just a while ago and I can't let go of the thinking)

I forgot what I was thinking about..... but the yard wouldn't xist. It's enough with a house. :)

Oh, and I tend to be very introverted, so read: people are allowed but I'll probably be on other floors. And inside, I got a machine that allows me to transcend into other dimensions. So I can be everywhere and nowhere in my house at all times. Just for the fun of it.. and I can observe everything.. Woo. Damn. That'd be such a nice house.

(I gotta go, was supposed to watch something with my roomie)

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
Woah. I just started writing and it ended up being more detailed than I thought it would. :shock:

The House

Building style: Second Empire Victorian

4 floors: basement/cellar, 1-2 floor living areas, finished attic (with gable windows).

a. The basement/cellar would be semi-finished, with stone walls and floors.

It would have a laundry room w/ chute, a large pantry, small wine cellar, a room for pickling, drying and preserving vegetables/fruit/herbs (including a wood burning stove, water bath canner, etc.), a small and spare powder room.

All the lighting should be as discreet and natural as possible - no spot or track lighting. There would probably be many candles.

Little things would make it cozy: decorative Victorian ironware, braided rugs, display racks for quilts, etc. It should have at least one very comfy chair with a very thick wool blanket to curl up in after canning, etc.

b. The first floor would have seven rooms - one full bath with a clawfoot tub, a restored wash basin (with turned wooden legs) with a sink mounted into it, and a commode with a false pull chain tank; one large dining room with a substantial antique sideboard + fireplace; one living room with plenty of seating + fireplace; one library/study with extensive built-in bookcases and a comfortable, well-dressed window seat; one kitchen with a large fireplace, farm sink, a restored and reconstructed early 20th century stove, a paneled refrigerator, large wall-mounted spice rack, multiple surfaces and storage pieces for an eclectic look, and a large round table with plenty of seating; one wrought iron conservatory with a lovely view and a television/sound system tucked away in a freestanding cupboard; one ground floor guest bedroom with two twin canopied beds for disabled family and friends.

c. The second floor should have 1 master suite with a fireplace; 2 large guest bedrooms with 2 double beds and 1 fireplace each; 1 guest bath in a similar style to the one on the first floor. Each bedroom should be unique, well appointed and cozy.

d. The finished attic would be a sewing room and a place to store and display any remaining collections and knick-knacks I had. It would have to include storage and display racks for fabrics and quilts, as well as my grandmother's spinning wheel, loom and thimble collection. It would have one small powder room.

The ceilings would be 12 feet high.

Furniture and materials should be from the mid Victorian to Edwardian period or at least complementary to them.

The bathrooms, conservatory and kitchen should have high beadboard wainscoting, brick floors and delft accent tiles. All fixtures should have a copper/brass finish.

All other rooms should have teak hardwood floors, crown and base moldings, chair rails, etc.

Lighting and light switches should be discrete and the light switch plaques might be salvaged and restored finds.

The People

I think I would live alone honestly. Probably with a large dog and a small dog for companionship and a couple of outdoor cats to chase rodents away from the gardens.

However, I would want guests staying over all the time. All of the beds would be to accomodate as many as possible, especially around the holidays. I would want to play hostess a lot. Since my family and friends are scattered and distant, I would love to have my house be a hub for reunions and a safe haven for those who are down on their luck.

I would probably have a SO living close by, but I wouldn't mind seeing him or her 3-4 times a week for a few hours at a time on a permanent basis. He or she wouldn't need to stay in the house for more than a few days at a time at most.

The Yard

The immediate front and back would have cobblestone courtyards and paths. The vegetation would be lush, overgrown and diverse. The flowers and blossoms would all bloom white or near white: apple trees, almond trees, magnolias, gardenias, sweet williams, white hydrangeas, etc. Nothing would be too neat or symmetrical, and there would be little secluded nooks with garden benches here and there. Mature willow trees would provide additional 'hiding' spots.

The broader surrounding area would be a dense forest with a creek running through it.

In the far back would be a large gardening and tool shed with a working sink and two potting benches as well as a vegetable garden, herb garden, orchard and a fence supporting wild blackberry bushes. These gardens would be located centrally enough to the shed to avoid a hassle, but would also be spread out and irregularly arranged. There would be a full and automatic irrigation system.

No fence: it's too remote to warrant one.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The house is shaped like a hexagon. It is large and wide.

The house has 3 floors.

It is placed in the open fields, but near a major city.

Lots of people live there. My whole family.

My yard is the entire field. Consider it a 21st century farm. It is self-sufficient and off the grid. There are windmills that power it up, lakes that power it up through hydropower, and thin layers of solar panels throughout the house that integrate it to a fully-powered with more then enough energy-house. There is no fence.

Inside the house, the theme is futuristic yet timeless with classic art, in the center of this house (that reaches all 3 floors) is an antiqued styled state-of-the-art planetarium.

The first floor contains the kitchen, garages, living rooms, dining rooms etc.

The 2nd floor contains the master bedrooms, children's (separate) rooms, guest rooms.

The 3rd floor contains an observatory and light storage.

All rooms have open spaces for movement.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I don't get it. Is this imagining a house we'd like to have? Or imagining something interesting and new just for the purpose of this game? Or the first idea of a house that pops into our heads, which for me will be like the houses I'm already used to seeing?

I can't finish my assignment, teacher. :sad: