User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Default Which type is the school underachiever?

Which type would be the least likely to get high grades or perform as well as inherent abilities should suggest?

INFP?

I= not participating
    N= no common sense
    F= overly sensitive and emotional and tear-clouded judgment
    P= lazy slobs

Or maybe INTPs, since they're the same as above except their "T" is more worried about Star Wars, RAM drives and tantric philosophy than academics, and they seem like smartasses.

No offense of course. I can see someone coming at me with a derogatory ESTJ letter breakdown. lol (But don't do that, focus on my question.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Why does an N have no common sense?

I think that you labeled all of the functions wrong.

P is for Procrastination

I could label ESTJ perfectly, but that might not be nice.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I am vastly generalizing here. And my descriptions are all negative, because I'm trying to point to which type would be an underachiever, which is a negative thing.

As for the common sense, I think "N" types tend to lack common sense because they're not Sensors. (again, this is generalizing). Sensors are tuned in to reality and details, such as not leaving stoves on, or knowing how to change the oil in their cars, driving a stick shift, etc. Also translates into following directions, doing things in the proper order, working on projects, etc.

Then again, I don't know. Because then you get the "absent minded professor" stereotype, who is the bona fide scholar.

So maybe ISFP? Or ESFP, if people are too busy f'en around with friends to study.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Many of us didn't like school, but some seem to have an easier time making ourselves do things we don't really want to do because we had to get them done. My motivation was a desire for achievement.

Based on personal experience, I'd say maybe INFPs may have the toughest time. Highly imaginative, voracious readers, intelligent, excellent writers, enjoy the Intenet culture. I think they want to do what is interesting to them, and school, in the US anyway, by and large is not well suited to helping them develop their substantial abilities. Therefore, they focus on other things hold more interest for them instead.

How can anyone not hear the assignments given in class, forget to study for a test, not know what what the zero is for an assignment on their report card?

It's tough to see someone so intellectually gifted have these challenges. What is more frustrating is they don't seem to comprehend these long term impacts.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I was a C student in high school. Had a hard time paying attention/giving a shit/never studied. I'm an A/B student in College for some reason though. I still have the aforementioned problems too.

MBTI
    intp

S types. I've seen statistics of them not being as good at school as N types, and presuming that S types are not any less intelligent, they're the underachievers.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    S types. I've seen statistics of them not being as good at school as N types, and presuming that S types are not any less intelligent, they're the underachievers.
    I don't think this assumption holds any water/small malnourished Ethiopian children. There were plenty of S types who kicked my ass in high school and college now. Especially if they're sequential leaners which a lot of them likely are. More details get remembered, they can probably follow directions better, etc. My memory is absolutely horrendous, and it doesn't help that my mind wanders out of the classroom and into jello molds and radiation deposits.

I would like to think high school is more of an SJ environment, and college is more leaning toward NP. But it depends on the class.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    No, this is only true of SPs (or types with dominant/auxiliary Se.)

This is yet another example of the failure of MBTI to differentiate between Se and Si, which is a vast difference.

SJs (the types with dom/aux Si) are usually VERY good at formal education because it's structured in a way that rewards their talents and value systems.

SPs (again dom/aux Se) are typically the exact opposite and can't deal with formal education nearly as well, because they'd rather be doing something than studying it.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?
    Likes StonedPhilosopher liked this post

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    I don't think this assumption holds any water/small malnourished Ethiopian children. There were plenty of S types who kicked my ass in high school and college now. Especially if they're sequential leaners which a lot of them likely are. More details get remembered, they can probably follow directions better, etc. My memory is absolutely horrendous, and it doesn't help that my mind wanders out of the classroom and into jello molds and radiation deposits.

I would like to think high school is more of an SJ environment, and college is more leaning toward NP. But it depends on the class.
    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    No, this is only true of SPs (or types with dominant/auxiliary Se.)

This is yet another example of the failure of MBTI to differentiate between Se and Si, which is a vast difference.

SJs (the types with dom/aux Si) are usually VERY good at formal education because it's structured in a way that rewards their talents and value systems.

SPs (again dom/aux Se) are typically the exact opposite and can't deal with formal education nearly as well, because they'd rather be doing something than studying it.
    Ah, alright. That is interesting to know.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Something, something, something, Pee.