User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Which type would be the least likely to get high grades or perform as well as inherent abilities should suggest?

INFP?

I= not participating
    N= no common sense
    F= overly sensitive and emotional and tear-clouded judgment
    P= lazy slobs

Or maybe INTPs, since they're the same as above except their "T" is more worried about Star Wars, RAM drives and tantric philosophy than academics, and they seem like smartasses.

No offense of course. I can see someone coming at me with a derogatory ESTJ letter breakdown. lol (But don't do that, focus on my question.)

I am an INTP and I was in the top 5 percent of my class in high school. Now I'm in college studying biological sciences.

MBTI
    ESFJ

My kid.

So smart and knowledgeable but the teachers didn't enjoy him questioning their methods and his behaviour hasn't helped.

What a waste of talent that some of us have to work hard to obtain *sigh*
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Probably ISTPs. I did and do well when I put my mind to it, but technically, I didn't even finish highschool. I know I'm not alone in this. I don't know if I'd call it "sensitive". Maybe I was. I hated the environment. I got in a lot of fights, so maybe I was sensitive. I got kicked out of my school division after multiple chances, and screwed up my chances at another one. From what I can tell, INFPs and INTPs seem pretty dedicated to school. I wasted a lot of time with now deceased thugs, now deceased car thieves, and now deceased crack dealers. It was still educational though.

I think ENTPs, without self-discipline, fall by the wayside too.. but not necessarily in a bad way. Just more into chasing flights of fancy way.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

heeee I remember this thread!!

Anyway, I now think it'd be xSFP. Se won't want to sit still, and the ones I've known tended to blow school off. As an ESTP, I found school too static and slow-moving as well, but I couldn't really completely blow it off, since I had a wrathful xNTJ (aka, the natural overachiever type) father to face if I did.

But even though I'm long gone from him, I still refuse to drop out of uni no matter how tempted I am. I just won't kill myself over grades though. Most classes I skip and still get A's or B's on the tests. I've had a bunch of classes where I simply skipped EVERY single class, showing up only for exams...and still got the highest score in the class. Se helps with thinking on the fly during exams, I think. As does Ti.\

But group work sucking fucks though. It forces you to actually show up and do the work.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Probably ISTPs. I did and do well when I put my mind to it, but technically, I didn't even finish highschool. I know I'm not alone in this. I don't know if I'd call it "sensitive". Maybe I was. I hated the environment. I got in a lot of fights, so maybe I was sensitive. I got kicked out of my school division after multiple chances, and screwed up my chances at another one. From what I can tell, INFPs and INTPs seem pretty dedicated to school. I wasted a lot of time with now deceased thugs, now deceased car thieves, and now deceased crack dealers. It was still educational though.
    That's crazy. You don't seem like you didn't finish high school.
    I got through college. Top 10% in my high school, deemed "gifted and talented" at 10 years old, then AP all the way through. Unfortunately, I got a shitty education, nevertheless. Thanks southern public education system.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Anyway, even if you have trouble sitting still because you're a high energy type, you can deal with that by undertaking lots of sporting activities. That's what I've done during my university years in order to stay sane. Typical pre-exam day (supposing I could take a week off from work): 7-12 studying / doing homework, 12.15 - 3.15 cycling, 3.45 - 7 studying / doing homework.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Anyway, even if you have trouble sitting still because you're a high energy type, you can deal with that by undertaking lots of sporting activities. That's what I've done during my university years in order to stay sane. Typical pre-exam day (supposing I could take a week off from work): 7-12 studying / doing homework, 12.15 - 3.15 cycling, 3.45 - 7 studying / doing homework.
    Holy shit. You studied for 8.15 hours a day??? The fuck? I don't study that much for an entire semester combined.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Well... no! There are only 3 people getting better marks than mine in the whole high school. I don't know if there's a most underachiever type, maybe xNTPs, they usually do a lot less than they could. But in my experience the worst students are usually ESFPs and ISTPs.
    INFP 9w8 5w4 4w5 sx/sp/so
    Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Te

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII

I would say ESFP as the type most likely to get the lowest grades because of cognitive preference, followed by ISFP and ESTP.
    As for the type with the biggest difference between grades and IQ, I would guess ENTP.

Extraversion = less focus, more easily distracted and less time for studying if they're busy with social activities. The Se of SPs wants hands-on learning rather than the memorization focused learning style in grade school that favors Si. Fi over Ti makes grasping technical theories less natural, and the P for procrastination is of course the biggest factor, especially before college. ExxP types are the typical "class clown" that can't focus, but the Ne of ENxPs gives them a propensity for theorizing and playing with ideas and patterns, which would help in classes that aren't totally focused on rote memorization (and college in particular).

As an INTP, I enjoyed almost all non-math subjects even if I hated the school environment, and was an A/B student without too much effort. My parents rebuked me often for "wasting my potential", however. I procrastinated endlessly and only studied the night before sufficiently significant tests, and even then only for a couple hours. This has continued into college, though I rarely skip class. The only thing I ever did poorly in was algebra, which I continue to despise.
    The mind shows only what is near the heart - Elder Edda

Ti>Fi>Ne>>>Si>Te>Se>Ni>>>Fe - LII - 5w4 sp/sx 5w4-4w5-1w9
    |R|cUeI - Phlegmatic/Melancholic - Mystic - Neutral Good

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Haha, I'm currently in the last 10% of my class with a GPA of 1.7 haha... ha...

I've found school terribly boring since middle school, really
    Instead of paying attention to class, I tend to draw, daydream or sleep. Not like classes teach me much anymore, though :c
    Instead of doing homework or anything school related, I go online and research things like typology for fun! Last week I was supposed to read Canterbury Tales but uh instead I watched five hours worth of documentary on String Theory, read a few chapters in my linguistics book and researched enneagrams! \o/
    So when our essay-test thing was due, I just wrote a paper on British life in the 1300s (Which was thankfully a prompt and I'm on the Tutors in my British history book!)
    I also have never studied in my life, besides the few minutes teachers give you to review notes before a test. I've nearly never failed a test, either (Besides math, but I'm actually really terrible at math so shhh) ^ ^;;

My best friend is also in the last 10% of our class, though she's an ISFP
    She gets distracted drawing, mostly. Until recently she had no college plans, either, so that kinda stunted her 'Whoo I want to get good grades for college!' personality I see most people have